Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,540,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

I was just browsing through photos of Kentucky Derby hats and fancy who I ran into. No matter how she tries, it never quite works for her, does it?

Stars at the Kentucky Derby*Pictures - CBS News
She's not special & think that is what she wants to be: special; unique. She wants everyone to realize how much SHE works. How SHE does it all.

In the end, all it shows is all the issues SHE has & that those issues having nothing to do w/ anyone but HER.

On the other hand, I'd love to go to the Derby & see the hats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 11:25 AM

512 posts, read 864,901 times
Quote:
Of course her recent performance at the wine tasting with that poor man was even more cringe-inducing. ugh. And that was a classic example of her trashy behavior; while the man had impeccable manners, she didn't have the background or decency to notice that she was the imbecile in that equation.

I was just browsing through photos of Kentucky Derby hats and fancy who I ran into. No matter how she tries, it never quite works for her, does it?

Stars at the Kentucky Derby*Pictures - CBS News
That scene with that poor man was awful to watch. I mean, she really made herself look like a horses *ss. If I were anywhere around her when she made those comments to him I would have left. Sad thing is I bet he gets comments like that alot from people just like her.

About the Derby picture, I like the hat, the dress, even the shoes...on a completely different person. She isn't young, she isn't hip, and she doesn't look good in any of it. I really wish these women would respect themselves enough to dress their age.

But you all are right, we watch these sad women for laughs. And I always feel good about who I am and the life I lead after watching an episode. I'm not perfect and I have many faults, but I wouldn't be caught dead doing and saying some of the things these woman are caught doing and saying. Then again, they don't care about how bad they look, do they?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:44 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,488,748 times
Quote:
I'm willing to bet that she has no idea that authentic Caesar dressing is made with raw egg, either. Yet, she had no qualms about making fun of Alexis spitting her foie-gras in her napkin. Granted, Alexis was just as uncouth but Vicki is no better.
I just want to clarify this is what I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post

There are places & things in life where one is uncomfortable. You don't need to spit food out or make tasteless comments. That is called class when you can just keep on going even in the most trying situation.
That's the crux of the matter, yes.

Etiquette is simply the act of being kind to others.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:56 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,615,041 times
Quote:
I suspect I am doing a very bad job of explaining this and for that I apologize. This has nothing to do with fish in a salad.
I understand what you're saying. The anchovies and raw egg were just examples. It reveals to the viewer that Vicki isn't as fancy as she pretends to be. You wouldn't make fun of the average person for not knowing about anchovies or raw egg in a cesaer, but in Vicki's case it's funny because she pretends to be so fancy and when she makes comments like this it makes it so obvious that it's all for show.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:57 PM

14,860 posts, read 43,026,135 times
Nope, Vicki has ZILCH class. She is just as bad if not worse than those she ridicules. Too bad her mother never put her in Cotillion classes. My 12 year old knows better than to behave like that when dining out or even eating at our table at home.

Seriously, most of you didn't know that a real Ceaser Salad came w/ anchovies? I knew that ages ago. It's actually kind of giving me a chuckle that this Texas girl knew that and that restaurants here serve them that way and not in California. LOL! I also knew that the dressing was made w/ raw eggs. I've been served a Ceaser salad w/ anchovy here and abroad as well as on cruise ships. Hmm, lol.

Oh, and that BBQ sauce she was using is Stubbs. I use that as well. He is out of Austin, Tx. Great BBQ joint and good sauce.

I'm laughing at the picture of her from the Kentucky Derby. My 16 year old has that dress. She wore it for her induction ceremony for the National Honor Society. The dress, hat and shoes ALL came from White House / Black Market. Glad to see she is not out spending thousands of dollars on an outfit with a divorce pending. LOL! Dress was about $120 but on sale if she bought it in the last week.

Just had to check in for this.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:10 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,855,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Nope, Vicki has ZILCH class. She is just as bad if not worse than those she ridicules. Too bad her mother never put her in Cotillion classes. My 12 year old knows better than to behave like that when dining out or even eating at our table at home.

Seriously, most of you didn't know that a real Ceaser Salad came w/ anchovies? I knew that ages ago. It's actually kind of giving me a chuckle that this Texas girl knew that and that restaurants here serve them that way and not in California. LOL! I also knew that the dressing was made w/ raw eggs. I've been served a Ceaser salad w/ anchovy here and abroad as well as on cruise ships. Hmm, lol.

Oh, and that BBQ sauce she was using is Stubbs. I use that as well. He is out of Austin, Tx. Great BBQ joint and good sauce.

I'm laughing at the picture of her from the Kentucky Derby. My 16 year old has that dress. She wore it for her induction ceremony for the National Honor Society. The dress, hat and shoes ALL came from White House / Black Market. Glad to see she is not out spending thousands of dollars on an outfit with a divorce pending. LOL! Dress was about $120 but on sale if she bought it in the last week.

Just had to check in for this.

I was laughing at her pic too but only because she's a tad old for that style.

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 05-12-2011 at 03:10 PM..

Old 05-12-2011, 02:13 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,405,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Just to complete everyone's education on the Caesar salad - it was originally created by a guy in San Diego, in the 1920's. It's often attributed to a restaurant in Los Angeles, but it actually started much earlier than that in San Diego. And the original recipe did not include anchovies or raw eggs - those were later additions.

So while I know that the point is that Vicki is uncouth - I get that - it's not a fact that all sophisticated people "know" that a caesar salad includes raw eggs and anchovies. The recipe you may be familiar with may have those ingredients, but they're not considered authentic, and honestly, I don't order caesar salad very often, but I've never had one with either one of those ingredients.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:19 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,540,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Just to complete everyone's education on the Caesar salad - it was originally created by a guy in San Diego, in the 1920's. It's often attributed to a restaurant in Los Angeles, but it actually started much earlier than that in San Diego. And the original recipe did not include anchovies or raw eggs - those were later additions.

So while I know that the point is that Vicki is uncouth - I get that - it's not a fact that all sophisticated people "know" that a caesar salad includes raw eggs and anchovies. The recipe you may be familiar with may have those ingredients, but they're not considered authentic, and honestly, I don't order caesar salad very often, but I've never had one with either one of those ingredients.
Ceasar salads are sold at McDonalds; far from sophisticated

And you very well may have eaten those ingredients & just not known it, unless you are allergic to those specific two items.

As for having "class", one doesn't need to tell others about it if they have it...and that is what is so funny about so many of these ladies.

At the end of the day, I sorta feel sorry for all of them & gladly take my 1100 sq foot home and flip style cell phone.

I like Peggy though for some reason. No idea why.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:07 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,405,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
And you very well may have eaten those ingredients & just not known it, unless you are allergic to those specific two items.
Like I wrote before, they don't use raw eggs in San Diego County restaurants anymore - the health department cracked down on it years ago. And anchovies? Worcestershire sauce provides enough flavor, so they're not really needed.

Why is it so hard to believe that different areas do things differently?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,223,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Like I wrote before, they don't use raw eggs in San Diego County restaurants anymore - the health department cracked down on it years ago. And anchovies? Worcestershire sauce provides enough flavor, so they're not really needed.

Why is it so hard to believe that different areas do things differently?
Yes, it's true, I lived in San Diego for 12 years, I had Ceasar salads that didn't have raw eggs, or anchovies, I know because I specifically asked. Anchovies disgust me so I won't order a Ceasar that has them in the dressing, or anywhere else. Many places do not use anchovies, just worcestershire as Bounce wrote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV