Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 02:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,407,004 times

Advertisements

I don't care any more. Anna's suffered enough. Just have Bates strangle Mr. Green and get it over with. Mary's got half of Yorkshire hot and bothered, and you know what? She'll probably end up in a gay marriage with Daisy. Thomas (the mean gay Thomas, that is) will shack up with the black singer with the girl's voice, and Lord Grantham will say it's okay and times they are a changin', and Rose and Mrs. Hughes will engage in a ménage-a-trois with that scamp Jimmy.

Edith? Show some grace and do an Ophelia...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 06:27 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,155,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think Mary will be kind.
I could be wrong, but as I recall, Mary had the chance to be "kind" to Sybil shortly before she died and didn't exactly do a great job of it. I can't remember a lot about the conversation, but it seemed like Sybil was trying to repair their relationship and Mary kind of gave her the brush off.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:57 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,553,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I could be wrong, but as I recall, Mary had the chance to be "kind" to Sybil shortly before she died and didn't exactly do a great job of it. I can't remember a lot about the conversation, but it seemed like Sybil was trying to repair their relationship and Mary kind of gave her the brush off.
I think you are right. Mary will not be kind to Edith. Why should she? She is still a holder of her snobby upper class attitudes and is still no fan of her middle sister. I think she will continue to be mean to Edith.

Maybe Mrs. Crawley will take in Edith since she seems to be the only one who has a heart. I don't think anyone in Edith's family will accept her pregnancy. Cora will want to, but Robert will probably kick her out of the house.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:02 PM

21,544 posts, read 10,671,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I think you are right. Mary will not be kind to Edith. Why should she? She is still a holder of her snobby upper class attitudes and is still no fan of her middle sister. I think she will continue to be mean to Edith.

Maybe Mrs. Crawley will take in Edith since she seems to be the only one who has a heart. I don't think anyone in Edith's family will accept her pregnancy. Cora will want to, but Robert will probably kick her out of the house.
I don't see Robert kicking her out. Maybe they will send her to America to live with Cora's family as a newly widowed mother.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:40 PM

42,085 posts, read 75,575,442 times
Quote:
Mary was never unkind to Sybil. Perhaps you're thinking of the scene, at Sybil's deathbed, when Edith approached Mary and asked her if they couldn't get along better in the future, and Mary said she doubted it.

Quote:
I couldn't see Robert kicking her out. He'd send her off somewhere - to her grandmother in the States, maybe.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:48 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,553,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Mary was never unkind to Sybil. Perhaps you're thinking of the scene, at Sybil's deathbed, when Edith approached Mary and asked her if they couldn't get along better in the future, and Mary said she doubted it.

I couldn't see Robert kicking her out. He'd send her off somewhere - to her grandmother in the States, maybe.
Well, that's kind of kicking her out. What I meant is that he would want to have her leave Downton Abbey. I don't think it would be to America though, because she would have to leave the show. That's why I thought maybe going to live with Isobel would be a good choice.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,601,016 times
Quote:
Well, that's kind of kicking her out. What I meant is that he would want to have her leave Downton Abbey. I don't think it would be to America though, because she would have to leave the show. That's why I thought maybe going to live with Isobel would be a good choice.
Isobel's too close by. I could see staying with the aunt in London. Or the cousin (?) in India!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:04 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,297,265 times
Is there a difference between Season 4 DVD release and the American airing of Downton Abby?

Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 AM

28,152 posts, read 30,155,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's the scene I was thinking of. "I doubt it" doesn't strike me as a very kind thing for Mary to have said. Yes, she was probably just being honest, but, "I hope so, Sybil" would have been a much kinder thing for her to say to her dying sister.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 AM

42,085 posts, read 75,575,442 times
Quote:
That's the scene I was thinking of. "I doubt it" doesn't strike me as a very kind thing for Mary to have said. Yes, she was probably just being honest, but, "I hope so, Sybil" would have been a much kinder thing for her to say to her dying sister.
Sybil was already dead at this point; the conversation was between Mary and Edith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV