Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 07:58 AM

606 posts, read 904,408 times

Advertisements

I've already watched it but I'll watch it again. I'm sure I missed a few things the first go around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 08:10 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,815,933 times
The Chron has a (potential spoiler) article about Downton Abbey. However, at the end of the topic is a head's up...

Quote:
Footnote: An extra gem awaits “Downton” devotees after Sunday’s opener. A “Masterpiece” special, “The Manners of Downton Abbey” (9:15 p.m. Sunday on KLRN), explores the pains taken to ensure every detail — from the clothing to the positioning of the tableware — is authentic to the period of 1900s Britain.

Historical adviser Alastair Bruce takes us behind the scenes with the cast and crew to show us the correct protocol in every situation: From how to eat and dress to the proper ways to communicate and show emotion. To demonstrate, Bruce treats us to priceless scenes from the first four seasons.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:39 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,223,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
The Chron has a (potential spoiler) article about Downton Abbey. However, at the end of the topic is a head's up...
That sounds good and interesting. Thanks for the info.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:42 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,114,381 times
I love this show and am so obsessed with it , it is my ringtone on my phone LOL ...I was in the bank yesterday and my phone went off and the lady in front of me says "Oh don't you just love that show ? " yes , yes I do ....

Old 12-31-2014, 01:48 PM

850 posts, read 1,027,673 times
Are we allowed to discuss the S5 Holiday special here? I thought it was highly entertaining - similar to last years - and I enjoy them even more that the "regular" episodes. The Holiday specials are almost like stand alone movies.

PhoneLady, I love the theme too and not to be weird but I think the posterior shot of Isis is brilliant/charming.

(fyi - I've already seen all of S5 and "the Butler did <fill blank>" :-)

Old 12-31-2014, 02:17 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,815,933 times
Quote:
Are we allowed to discuss the S5 Holiday special here?
There is a thread for 'spoiler' posts. This thread is for commentary on episodea that have been shown in the U.S., on U.S. TV.

As far as this thread is concerned... the Butler has not/or yet done anything.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:41 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,401,094 times
WHAT'S UP FOLKS!!! I'M ALL KINDSA READY FOR THIS NEW SEASON!!!

Old 12-31-2014, 03:42 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,223,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
Are we allowed to discuss the S5 Holiday special here? I thought it was highly entertaining - similar to last years - and I enjoy them even more that the "regular" episodes. The Holiday specials are almost like stand alone movies.

PhoneLady, I love the theme too and not to be weird but I think the posterior shot of Isis is brilliant/charming.

(fyi - I've already seen all of S5 and "the Butler did <fill blank>" :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
There is a thread for 'spoiler' posts. This thread is for commentary on episodea that have been shown in the U.S., on U.S. TV.

As far as this thread is concerned... the Butler has not/or yet done anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
WHAT'S UP FOLKS!!! I'M ALL KINDSA READY FOR THIS NEW SEASON!!!
No, jayway. Please comment on the spoiler thread.

Thanks, Temp43k, that is correct. The butler didn't do anything here either!

I like your enthusiasm, No2!

Old 01-01-2015, 09:58 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,267,954 times
New York Times article: ‘Downton Abbey’ and History: A Look Back
Quote:
As a chronicle of the ups and downs of fictional British aristocrats and servants, “Downton Abbey” weaves a surprising amount of authentic historical context into its plots. Here is an episode-by-episode look at some of the show’s period details, and how those events have been covered in The New York Times.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...#time357_10705

Old 01-01-2015, 10:33 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,290,146 times
I can't wait for Season 5 to begin in the US! I've been so envious of the folks across the pond who have long had access to the show. I'll be glued to my TV set this Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV