Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 10:57 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,157,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Yes, I agree - Robert is kind of gruff at times, but he is not a mean man because how could he be by the way he loved Isis (sigh...past tense there). I was not looking forward to seeing Isis' replacement, but now I am thinking what kind of puppy would they get...one that looked like Isis or a completely different looking dog. When they made Isis, they broke the cookie mold. She should have won a animal Oscar (forgot what that award is called) for her splendid acting in that storyline a few years ago with Thomas and the shed. Great emoting.
For many years they used to have something called "The Patsy Awards" for best animal actor, but that was stopped in 1986.

Here is a partial list of Patsy winners (notice that Lassie won many, many times. He/she is the Daniel Day-Lewis/Meryl Streep of dogs)

PATSY Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently there is a relatively new award called "The Pawscars". It was started by the American Human Society but now one website is calling it a "celebration of English dogdom"

Before Oscar Night - American Humane Society

The Pawscars - It's a celebration of British dogdom....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I think everyone will figure it out, except Mary, who's too self-absorbed to even wonder why Edith wanted the kid in the house.
Mary is not really a bad person, though. She really has tried to help Anna and Bates during their troubles. She is also very fond of Carson, who has been somewhat of a father figure to her.

The only "bad" person of the regulars is Thomas, who is probably nasty because of his suppressed sexuality. The sad thing he is very good at his job, and he could have a great many friends amongst the other servants if he wasn't so nasty.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:06 PM

I really think this season was so much better than last season. Just wait until everyone here sees the last two episodes, which are terrific -- including the Christmas special, which is wonderful! Lots of delightful surprises in store!

Last edited by NewJerseyMemories; 02-17-2015 at 11:35 PM..

Old 02-17-2015, 11:38 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,615,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I really think this season was so much better than last season. Just wait until everyone here sees the last two episodes, which are terrific -- including the Christmas special, which is wonderful! Lots of delightful surprises in store!
Okay, now I'm intrigued. I'm seriously tempted to just go out and buy that Season 5 DVD I saw at Costco the other day (but I probably won't).

Old 02-17-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Okay, now I'm intrigued. I'm seriously tempted to just go out and buy that Season 5 DVD I saw at Costco the other day (but I probably won't).
Yeah, I was too cheap to do that. I just borrowed it from my local library

Old 02-18-2015, 07:29 AM

21,495 posts, read 10,615,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Yeah, I was too cheap to do that. I just borrowed it from my local library
I never think of the library.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:33 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,557,381 times
There is a short clip posted on PBS streaming "Remembering Isis". Isis isand was a couple dogs (not surprising). A few funny antidotes about shootingthe dog scenes......

Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,190,791 times
wish you had posted a link for us.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:35 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,458,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
wish you had posted a link for us.
Found 2 links: (I'm pretty sure they're the same, I didn't check)
Downton Abbey 5: Remembering Isis on PBS

And on YouTube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQSUqafbcr0

Old 02-18-2015, 09:45 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,017,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Yes, I agree - Robert is kind of gruff at times, but he is not a mean man because how could he be by the way he loved Isis (sigh...past tense there). I was not looking forward to seeing Isis' replacement, but now I am thinking what kind of puppy would they get...one that looked like Isis or a completely different looking dog. When they made Isis, they broke the cookie mold. She should have won a animal Oscar (forgot what that award is called) for her splendid acting in that storyline a few years ago with Thomas and the shed. Great emoting.
I think Robert's true kindness is shown by his attitude toward Tom Branson. I'm sure it would have been totally understandable back then for him to kick Tom to the curb as soon as Sybil passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV