Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 11:26 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
High treason... Love it
What are you referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 11:44 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,351,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Reminder - about Edith. If anyone was guilty of despicable behavior, it was Edith - when she wrote the Turkish Embassy about the death of Panuk in Mary's bed. That single act by Edith was HIGH TREASON - as far as sisterly and family loyalty goes - no matter Mary's mean remarks to Edith preceding her writing that. Nothing Mary said to Edith at the time warranted that level of treachery. Mary has never forgotten. Mary knows who her enemy is - she is living with her - and does well not to let Edith forget it.

This.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Also, it was O'Brien who knocked Bates' cane out from under him, making him fall.
Yes, thank you. I was remembering it wrong. Although it was probably Thomas' idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I like the way Mary and Edith bicker because that is the way sisters really do in life .
My sister and I stopped bickering like that when we were teenagers. I don't think either of us were that mean to each other, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I still hoped that Mary and Edith would bury the hatchet after Sybil's death, but it was not meant to be I guess.
Didn't Edith ask Mary if they could be closer, and Mary rejected her? That was harsh, right on top of losing Sybil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
And O'Brien!! She is so wicked I can hardly watch her. I'm glad she got written off the show.
I kinda miss O'Brien. She was nasty, but she was witty as she went about it.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:37 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Didn't Edith ask Mary if they could be closer, and Mary rejected her? That was harsh, right on top of losing Sybil.

I don't think it was harsh. I think it was honest.

Mary acts like a cold *****. And Edith acts like a whiny *****.

They bring out the worst in each other.

And that's unlikely to change.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:00 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
This.
Thank you.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:31 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,438,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Ah, the death bed conversation.
I think Mary said something like "We should, but I doubt if we will. We should love each other now, as sisters should." She said it nicely (IMO), and they hugged.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:37 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,351,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
I think Mary said something like "We should, but I doubt if we will. We should love each other now, as sisters should." She said it nicely (IMO), and they hugged.

Well, I guess it looks a bit heartfelt...

Old 02-11-2015, 08:37 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,163,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
You have Mary pitch perfect

Old 02-11-2015, 08:39 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,163,582 times
I was wondering about something - Mr. and Mrs. Bates really want a family. Anna is a young woman and they've been marry for quite some time now - she's not using birth control and her husband is not because the way he was talking sounds like they have been trying. I think this is the next storyline - infertility.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 AM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I was wondering about something - Mr. and Mrs. Bates really want a family. Anna is a young woman and they've been marry for quite some time now - she's not using birth control and her husband is not because the way he was talking sounds like they have been trying. I think this is the next storyline - infertility.
When they talked about starting to have a family I assumed that meant they were already taking measures. There are still ways that don't involve contraceptives, even though they're not full proof. I have no idea about this topic, but it seems like people in service tried to avoid stuff like that because they lived there. I got the impression it was rare for a couple to even get married. Look at Carson and Ms. Hughes. Carson basically said they should make a life together AFTER they retire. I find it sad that it took them so long to even get to that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV