Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 08:12 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
They were pretty insensitive to the Drews, especially after all Mr. Drew has done for Edith, not to mention the pigs. But it does open a spot for Mr. Mason.
There is no way they could have Mrs. Drew around that little girl. As long as they help them find a new place, I think it was the right decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 08:23 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
They were pretty insensitive to the Drews, especially after all Mr. Drew has done for Edith, not to mention the pigs. But it does open a spot for Mr. Mason.

I am so fond of Mr. Mason. I also like Mr. Drew. Both of them are good men. If Edith moved to London she would still come back for visits on a regular basis and would bring Marigold with her. Mrs. Drew has been totally wrecked by losing that child. It's probably safer for all parties for the Drews to move. Still, it seems so unfair for that family being forced to move. But, as we know, life is not always fair. I do think that Edith will move but maybe not to London. Perhaps she will be offered a job in publishing in NYC. I see the disagreements with the rude editor as foreshadowing a major change for her.

That job that Barrow applied for sounds like a season in hell. How could he possibly fulfill all those duties? Speaking of Barrow....what's with everyone snubbing him? I know he has been a real PITA for almost everyone. Has that finally caught up with him? Hmmm. Did I miss something?

Old 01-11-2016, 09:16 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,351,014 times
I'm glad now that Anna can stop whining about babies. She never even tried to fix the problem, just whine. And what kind a lousy relationship does she have with Bates that she doesn't even tell him she is going to the dr. I watched the Globes when she was on.

I did feel bad for Mrs. Drew, after all she raised the child from a baby but... the kid has been gone for what, a year or more? Time to get over it.

I don't get what is happening with Barrow either. The hospital stuff is boring.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:16 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,133,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I'm glad now that Anna can stop whining about babies. She never even tried to fix the problem, just whine. And what kind a lousy relationship does she have with Bates that she doesn't even tell him she is going to the dr. I watched the Globes when she was on.

Yeah, Anna has started leaning a bit hard on my irritation button. She is married to the most understanding and selfless man around, yet keeps concealing things from him that certainly seem to be his business. I thought when we finally got them clear of the Mr. Green saga, she could at last stop acting so depressed and troubled, but she found a new worry right away.

Maybe it is because it is the final season, but I find myself less patient with the characters in general. It is starting to seem like the same old problems being recycled. Violet and the Dowager in conflict, someone trying to blackmail Mary, Carson still a Downton loyalist above all else, conflict over Edith's child, and Anna keeping secrets from Bates.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:23 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Lady Mary said something to Lord Merton at the farm show about "going over to the dark side" re: the hospital. Who knew she was a Star Wars fan 50 years before it existed?

Old 01-11-2016, 01:58 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,081,130 times
I never liked Anna & Bates after they put him in prison. The story was ridiculous and I got to the point where I would mute the tv during their scenes.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:05 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,815,512 times
It seems like the fourth-most-common word on DA (after "a", "an", and "the") is "change". Except nobody's looks have changed over what's supposed to be 10+ years.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:09 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,815,512 times
I hope the actors don't become typecast and unable to find good roles outside DA.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:58 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,265,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I hope the actors don't become typecast and unable to find good roles outside DA.
They seem to be doing fine. There are a lot sprinkled around other Masterpiece Theater series.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:03 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times
Quote:
They seem to be doing fine. There are a lot sprinkled around other Masterpiece Theater series.
Brendan Coyle, Mr. Bates, recently appeared on The Murdock Mystery Christmas Special. He played a Christmas hating murderer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV