Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 09:55 AM

28,152 posts, read 30,170,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I hope you're right. Unlike a lot of posters, Bates and Anna are among my favorite characters. I don't necessarily understand Anna's hesitation to be more upfront with her husband, but I do sympathize with them both. They're good people and this series damn well better end on a positive not for them!!!!
Correction: "note for them." I've got to start proof-reading my posts.

Last edited by Katzpur; 01-15-2016 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 10:44 AM

1,907 posts, read 2,280,023 times
I'm waiting to see something happen with Andy. Previews showed him upset about something, so there's going to be some drama there. (Why would they bring him to Downton if he wasn't going to have some story line?) Why is he wandering around the estate trying to become more familiar with it? Will whatever happens involve Thomas?

They keep showing most people disliking Thomas. Baxter is the exception, but Thomas rejects her friendship. He needs to accept kindness when it's offered.

Molesley seems very interested in helping Daisy, but she doesn't seem to appreciate it. Is he just being paternal? But she has Mr. Mason for that.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:22 PM

5,851 posts, read 6,247,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post

Molesley seems very interested in helping Daisy, but she doesn't seem to appreciate it. Is he just being paternal? But she has Mr. Mason for that.
Molesley has a heart of gold. I think he's just being kind and paternal, as you suggest above. Anyway, he's hopelessly in love with Ms. Baxter, isn't he?

He's always come across to me as a very intelligent and well read man, but because of the times and the family he was born into, he was not able to reach his potential. He would have made a good teacher, librarian or bookstore owner, but was destined to be a servant, which I think is the point of the scenes.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 01-15-2016 at 01:15 PM..

Old 01-15-2016, 12:36 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,349,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Bingo. I think that's where the story line is going.
It's pretty apparent that she needs to be there to run her business. But that isn't going to solve the farmer problem. She and Marigold are going to visit and maybe stay for a holiday, and does she have to worry every minute the child is outside that the wife will snatch her? And for the poor woman, she can never get past her true sense of loss when she's in the same place with the same people and all the reminders.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:23 PM

1,907 posts, read 2,280,023 times
I'm glad Mrs. Hughes got the wedding that she wanted.

Barrow's job search is highlighting the end of the big estates. It looks like he's going to have to look for another line of work.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:09 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,082,438 times
I enjoyed this episode and I think Mrs. Hughes idea of a wedding was just right for her and Mr. Carson.
The table decorations at the reception were beautiful.

Just wondering if anybody watched the new series that was on right after Downton Abbey called Mercy Street. I really liked it and think it will be another hit for PBS.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:12 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,857,565 times
I hear another great series coming from across the pound , War and Peace , I hope the acting so better than Downtown .

Old 01-18-2016, 07:19 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,277,873 times
Looked like Tom spent his time in the US over eating.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:32 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,457,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I am so fond of Mr. Mason. I also like Mr. Drew. Both of them are good men. If Edith moved to London she would still come back for visits on a regular basis and would bring Marigold with her. Mrs. Drew has been totally wrecked by losing that child. It's probably safer for all parties for the Drews to move. Still, it seems so unfair for that family being forced to move. But, as we know, life is not always fair. I do think that Edith will move but maybe not to London. Perhaps she will be offered a job in publishing in NYC. I see the disagreements with the rude editor as foreshadowing a major change for her.

That job that Barrow applied for sounds like a season in hell. How could he possibly fulfill all those duties? Speaking of Barrow....what's with everyone snubbing him? I know he has been a real PITA for almost everyone. Has that finally caught up with him? Hmmm. Did I miss something?
I think more than him realizing the work would have been hard, he most likely saw the inevitable demise of his career field and these estates. One poor management decision or stroke of bad luck (as we have learned since the first season) and these estates would crumble. I think thats why in this latest episode he seemed so somber after visiting that house.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:35 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,344,903 times
I am bummed that this is the last season
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV