Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 01:18 AM

4,858 posts, read 7,648,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Is Seattle really that grey ?
It's grey for sure, but they show heavy down pour type rain at least once per episode, when it's more like a (seemingly permanent) mist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,866,731 times
So what did you all think of tonight's episode? Seriously dark vibe...I could barely decipher what was happening...

Old 06-10-2013, 12:48 PM

3,999 posts, read 5,041,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
It's grey for sure, but they show heavy down pour type rain at least once per episode, when it's more like a (seemingly permanent) mist.
I know it's supposed to be set in Seattle but it's filmed in Canada...right? So while the vibe is dark and rainy, to match the subject matter, I wish that when they showed street scenes, they were actually Seattle. For example, when they do the overview of downtown Seattle...anyone who lives there or has seen a picture, knows that isn't downtown.

Anyway, other than that, I love this show. It is dark...but I like it and I love the two main characters. And Seattle is that gray...to me, it's perfect!

Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,223,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I know it's supposed to be set in Seattle but it's filmed in Canada...right? So while the vibe is dark and rainy, to match the subject matter, I wish that when they showed street scenes, they were actually Seattle. For example, when they do the overview of downtown Seattle...anyone who lives there or has seen a picture, knows that isn't downtown.

Anyway, other than that, I love this show. It is dark...but I like it and I love the two main characters. And Seattle is that gray...to me, it's perfect!
Many of the establishing shots are Seattle, but it's filmed in Vancouver so the actual outdoor scenes give it away. It's cheaper to shoot up there, it's amusing how many different US "cities" on TV look just like the Vancouver area.

I love the dark, damp setting, it adds so much atmosphere. I loved this show from the beginning, I was very annoyed that they initially lied in interviews about finishing in one season, and then the second season too often felt like filler. They screwed up, I'm glad they have a second chance, one good quality case per season should work out much better.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:14 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,405,982 times
I just finishsed watching the first two episodes. Love it.

I'm thinking that the killer is a brother of Steward, the guy in prison for killing his wife and Linden's previous victim. That's how Steward's son knows the area. Either they killed together or Steward's brother started copy catting to get Steward released from jail.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Many of the establishing shots are Seattle, but it's filmed in Vancouver so the actual outdoor scenes give it away. It's cheaper to shoot up there, it's amusing how many different US "cities" on TV look just like the Vancouver area.

I love the dark, damp setting, it adds so much atmosphere. I loved this show from the beginning, I was very annoyed that they initially lied in interviews about finishing in one season, and then the second season too often felt like filler. They screwed up, I'm glad they have a second chance, one good quality case per season should work out much better.
Well, I know it tries to do that, but IMO, it doesn't. Not even downtown shots look like Seattle. But, as my husband pointed out to me last night, that's my hometown so I'm picky. However, even though it would normally "bug" me, it doesn't really at all because I LOVE THIS SHOW. And, I admit, I love Vancouver. You are so right about other cities mysteriously looking exactly like Vancouver...hehe... I may have an unnatural love for Canadian filmed and/or made TV and movies. I'm weird.

I couldn't agree more about the dark, damp setting...and I'm thrilled they fixed whatever they had to in order to get more seasons. I can't wait for Sundays...now that Game of Thrones has ended its season, I've gotta get my fix somewhere....thankfully, True Blood also starts next Sunday so we back in bidness!

Old 06-11-2013, 12:25 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,223,400 times
Quote:
Well, I know it tries to do that, but IMO, it doesn't. Not even downtown shots look like Seattle. But, as my husband pointed out to me last night, that's my hometown so I'm picky. However, even though it would normally "bug" me, it doesn't really at all because I LOVE THIS SHOW. And, I admit, I love Vancouver. You are so right about other cities mysteriously looking exactly like Vancouver...hehe... I may have an unnatural love for Canadian filmed and/or made TV and movies. I'm weird.

I couldn't agree more about the dark, damp setting...and I'm thrilled they fixed whatever they had to in order to get more seasons. I can't wait for Sundays...now that Game of Thrones has ended its season, I've gotta get my fix somewhere....thankfully, True Blood also starts next Sunday so we back in bidness!
I only meant the establishing shots, those quick flashes before a real scene, I didn't notice this season, but at least in season 1 those were done in Seattle, just quick flashes, no specifics or actors. They generally only fake establishing shots if they plan to use actors in those areas later which I assume would be why they would do that with downtown.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 PM

I suppose so...just wish the downtown shot either had the Space Needle or a pier...or a ferry...just sayin'...

Old 06-11-2013, 02:54 PM

17,665 posts, read 22,766,354 times
Quote:

Falling Skies just started up again on Sunday, on TNT......It's real Good...

Home | Falling Skies

Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Falling Skies just started up again on Sunday, on TNT......It's real Good...

Home | Falling Skies
My only problem with Falling Skies is that I don't know where to find episodes from past seasons. I watched the first many eppys but then for some reason, didn't continue. Thing is, I like the actors and the plot...so I'd like to catch up. I'm with the others who say catching it mid-stream ain't my thing!

If TNT or Hulu or whoever would put up the past episodes, I'd watch for sure!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV