Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 08:01 PM

4,264 posts, read 6,204,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I agree, I remember reading that we would find out the killer at the end of the season last time, and then later I read we would learn the killer a few episodes into season 2, and then a new crime would happen, again no go, it's possible she knew and worded it so people would misinterpret, but why? All it did was **** people off. My main complaint isn't not knowing the killer, I'm patient, it's the timeline feeling so off because of the 8-9 months in between seasons, even the children grew a lot, it just doesn't work as two season deal. The second season felt unnecessarily drawn out.

I can't wait for Breaking Bad, oh I just realized I can't write **** here, how funny!
I agree about the 8-9 month break being too long. I totally lost interest between seasons because of it. I'm so glad I started watching again though. I really love the show and it's characters despite the show's shortcomings. Can't wait to see who the killer is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 09:10 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,405,982 times
Tonight's the night!

Old 06-17-2012, 10:09 AM

19,355 posts, read 16,904,437 times
Quote:
I agree, I remember reading that we would find out the killer at the end of the season last time, and then later I read we would learn the killer a few episodes into season 2, and then a new crime would happen, again no go, it's possible she knew and worded it so people would misinterpret, but why? All it did was **** people off. My main complaint isn't not knowing the killer, I'm patient, it's the timeline feeling so off because of the 8-9 months in between seasons, even the children grew a lot, it just doesn't work as two season deal. The second season felt unnecessarily drawn out.

I can't wait for Breaking Bad, oh I just realized I can't write **** here, how funny!
I didn't realize there were earlier comments that the case would be solved early in the second season and a new one would begin. Thanks for letting me know, detshen. And you are so right about the children and how they've grown. Makes it difficult to believe that the case is only a month old (in tv time) when the kids have grown so much. Thank goodness that in less than 12 hours we'll know who killed Rosie. Or will we??? (dubious music playing ♪♪♪)

Old 06-17-2012, 03:04 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,223,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I didn't realize there were earlier comments that the case would be solved early in the second season and a new one would begin. Thanks for letting me know, detshen. And you are so right about the children and how they've grown. Makes it difficult to believe that the case is only a month old (in tv time) when the kids have grown so much. Thank goodness that in less than 12 hours we'll know who killed Rosie. Or will we??? (dubious music playing ♪♪♪)
I think they know this show doesn't stand a chance at a future if they don't solve this crime tonight.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:14 PM

8,827 posts, read 21,353,385 times
Well, what did everyone think? I'm anxious to know.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 PM

19,355 posts, read 16,904,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

I loved it, Nancy! After last week's episode, I was almost sure that Jamie had a part in it and then I thought it might be Ames and the Chief, too. But Terri? Some on the thread said they thought she was involved but, being the soft-hearted dimwit that I am, I couldn't consider that Rosie's own aunt could be responsible. I have to admit that I was in tears when Terri broke down and said she didn't know it was Rosie. I felt for Stan and Mitch, not so much for Terri. I couldn't help think how she had no problem pushing a car into the water with a body in the trunk, but when it was her niece in the trunk, it mattered to her. Kinda skanky, if you ask me.

I liked the season ... er, I mean seasons, even though it took two to get the job done. I must have liked it. I hunted it down online so I could watch it. I don't have cable so it was a daunting task until one really great person here sent me the link to a site where I could watch it. And she knows who she is, too.

Anyway, I'll watch next season (if it comes back)

Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,223,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I loved it, Nancy! After last week's episode, I was almost sure that Jamie had a part in it and then I thought it might be Ames and the Chief, too. But Terri? Some on the thread said they thought she was involved but, being the soft-hearted dimwit that I am, I couldn't consider that Rosie's own aunt could be responsible. I have to admit that I was in tears when Terri broke down and said she didn't know it was Rosie. I felt for Stan and Mitch, not so much for Terri. I couldn't help think how she had no problem pushing a car into the water with a body in the trunk, but when it was her niece in the trunk, it mattered to her. Kinda skanky, if you ask me.

I liked the season ... er, I mean seasons, even though it took two to get the job done. I must have liked it. I hunted it down online so I could watch it. I don't have cable so it was a daunting task until one really great person here sent me the link to a site where I could watch it. And she knows who she is, too.

Anyway, I'll watch next season (if it comes back)
I loved it too, but it was weird that I was actually right about Terri, I would have preferred being shocked. I was pretty sure she wouldn't murder Rosie in cold blood, I predicted she might have thought Rosie was dead already, having her not know was even more intense, but it doesn't change the fact that she was willing to kill a girl to protect her relationship, that was a very selfish, horrifying act, she's not a good person at all. Hearing her screams when the car went into the water was so awful. It was very clever to make it seem so mundane at first, Jaime just killing her because she overheard them, and sort of by accident at first. I was getting a little ticked off thinking if this is it, this sucks, two season for this! Then boom, the taillight!

Why was Aames at that meeting with Richmond? Shouldn't he have been arrested as an accessory or something? He was there and he let it happen. Did Richmond take care of him? It's so typical of politicians that Richmond was telling the mayor earlier that things would change as though he was going to be the good guy, then he sets up a meeting, and the Chief and Aames walk in, proving that nothing is going to change, except that Gwen would be shut out.

It's both wonderful and sad that the family has that movie Rosie made, I was tearing up as they were watching that. I'm glad they decided to move into the house and keep living so their their sons can have at chance at a happy life.

I didn't understand the end, why did she walk away, is she quitting now, and all Holder says is "keep in touch?" If the show does come back, I hope they solve the case in one season.

Last edited by detshen; 06-18-2012 at 04:01 AM..

Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars
when Terri broke down and said she didn't know it was Rosie. I felt for Stan and Mitch, not so much for Terri. I couldn't help think how she had no problem pushing a car into the water with a body in the trunk, but when it was her niece in the trunk, it mattered to her. Kinda skanky, if you ask me.
I had no sympathy for her either. It didn't matter that she didn't know it was Rosie. She selfishly killed someone. The very fact she didn't know who it was made her even more cold and calculating. It turning out to be Rosie was karma IMO. She got everything she deserved.

Quote:
It was very clever to make it seem so mundane at first, Jaime just killing her because she overheard them, and sort of by accident at first. I was getting a little ticked off thinking if this is it, this sucks, two season for this!
Me too! I was thinking, "Wow, this is anticlimatic." I doubted I'd watch another season. I, too, suspected Terry was involved from the very start, especially after it was revealed that she was a prostitute for an organization that was linked to people being investigated. I continued to believe she was involved because she told the police that Rosie was a prostitute too. (She had to be involved if she was saying Rosie was a prostitute when Rosie was only a housekeeper/waitress. That was part of their cover story to throw the police off their trail. I knew she was connected but couldn't figure out how, except via the mafia or the boyfriend.) So I wasn't surprised AT ALL that Terry ended up being the killer. If she had merely been present at the time of the murder, I couldn't imagine any reason she would stay silent, except being the actual murderer herself. How much time was spent on the family storyline was a clue too.

Quote:
Why was Aames at that meeting with Richmond? Shouldn't he have been arrested as an accessory or something? He was there and he let it happen. Did Richmond take care of him?
They didn't explain but implied that Richmond took care of them via the Indian woman thanking him for helping her out with the charges. Since he helped her, he helped Aames. And Gwen standing there staring at him disapprovingly was very telling.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:35 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,866,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I thought the season finale was excellent. Kudos to the writers.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
I didn't understand the end, why did she walk away, is she quitting now, and all Holder says is "keep in touch?" If the show does come back, I hope they solve the case in one season.
I couldn't understand the ending either. It's difficult to make out what Linden and Holder are saying sometimes. I guess they are trying to make it a cliffhanger---will she stay a police officer, will she go back to her fiancee, etc. But that's a silly cliffhanger. There won't be another season if she stops investigating murders. Maybe it means there won't be another season, that it wasn't renewed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV