Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,230,522 times

Advertisements

I think Season 3 is better than the first 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 08:07 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,204,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I read and participate in tv forums on the television without pity webiste. They are typically far more intense than here.

There are people, sometimes hard to tell from their screen names but seem mostly women who don't think she is a good cop. One said "the worst cop ever". Many site the same reasons you do but.......
1) I'm fairly sure that since Skinner was involved in the investigation and trial that he derailed the investigation and she didn't testify - he did.
2) no other cops or detectives seemed to have any problems with the investigation, knew about all the missing kids
3) so if Linden is a bad cop the Seattle PD are all way worse cops than her.

And there are lots of comments about how bad a parent she is. <shrugs> Her son seems pretty normal, likes his mom etc. So if parenting has a part to play then she must have been a pretty decent parent up to the Rosie Larsen case, or maybe till the Seward case and her break up with Skinner. The fact that she recognizes that after all the hell she put him through with the Rosie case had to stop is good on her in my book. Kids needs Dads, dads can be good parents. The fact that she is emotionally spent for motherhood now doesn't mean that it won't come back at some point.

you know its odd, that she and skinner had an affair but they don't really get into the timeline of that. If it broke up before the Seward case thats one thing. But if it started during the Seward case that would lead one to believe that he was using and manipulating her till the case was over and broke it off to 'save his marriage' (I'll bet the wife who probably wishes that affair had caused a divorce much earlier now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I have no problem with Linden other than her wardrobe. Those godawful sweaters just have to go!

Skinner would have a lot of control over the investigation and making sure Seward was convicted, Linden was the ONLY one who ever had any questions about the case and Seward's guilt. The other cops, and the prosecutors must have been certain of all the evidence, and the jury gave Seward the death penalty. Skinner was in the perfect position to control the evidence to make sure everyone believed in Seward's guilt. No one was fighting his conviction, not even Seward himself.

The whole serial killer angle didn't even come up until Holder happened to catch that case, and go to Linden. Then Linden used Adrian's picture to find all those bodies in the pond(good cop skills). There was never anything to suggest Skinner was involved. There was never any evidence against him until she saw the ring (that rang false, but that's not her fault) he knew how to make sure there was nothing that would point to him. He was a homocide detective, he knew exactly how to keep the cops away from him. Linden was the one who found out Joe couldn't have killed Trisha, and tried to save Seward. Serial killers often completely fool their spouses, families, and everyone they know. Cops are human too, they don't believe people they know and trust could be murderers.

She wasn't a perfect mother, but who is? Her son was always loved, clothed, fed and given shelter, maybe not always perfect food and shelter, but considering all the truly crap parents out there, she did a pretty good job. Her son seemed quite well adjusted, and is likely do quite well in life. Many parents go through rough patches, but get better in time.

Kids absolutely need both parents, and a father can be just as good of a parent. It seems like he may have had some earlier troubles that made Linden see him as a not trustworthy, but it looks like he got himself together. Linden realized this and allowed her son to go live with him. She knew she was struggling with emotional difficulties, and exhaustion from such an intense work schedule, and felt her son would be better off living with his father, that realization had to be incredibly difficult and makes her a good parent. If she were a single father, no one would question her ability to parent.

I agree 100% on the sweaters, she needs to burn them!

Last edited by detshen; 08-08-2013 at 08:31 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 02:04 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I have no problem with Linden other than her wardrobe. Those godawful sweaters just have to go!
LOL yes, and someone needs to buy that woman some lip balm! Her lips always look dry/chapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I read and participate in tv forums on the television without pity webiste. They are typically far more intense than here.
I used to participate/read a lot on TWOP and they are pretty harsh overall. Lots of shows, there is some hated character and I never got why.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:20 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,584,818 times
I'm curious about Skinner's actions -- was he unraveling? (Went overboard by pulling out all those teeth!) Did he want to get caught? When did he give the ring to his daughter -- just after he "acquired" it, or more recently? I can see him wanting to secretly flaunt his cleverness, by having the ring in plain sight. Maybe it gave him a secret thrill. But it wasn't just the ring that was the giveaway -- Linden went over there to talk with Skinner about the car - the grey sedan. And when they walked out of the house, there it was, right in front of her.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:17 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,664,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
I'm curious about Skinner's actions -- was he unraveling? (Went overboard by pulling out all those teeth!) Did he want to get caught? When did he give the ring to his daughter -- just after he "acquired" it, or more recently? I can see him wanting to secretly flaunt his cleverness, by having the ring in plain sight. Maybe it gave him a secret thrill. But it wasn't just the ring that was the giveaway -- Linden went over there to talk with Skinner about the car - the grey sedan. And when they walked out of the house, there it was, right in front of her.
Don't agree...the ring was unique...that's when Linden realized it...the packing up...grey sedan...all just confirmed it...

Old 08-13-2013, 11:31 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,124,939 times
That was a fantastic finale!

What happens next year? Is Linden going back to the psych ward? Is Holder going to lie for her and say she was defending herself?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That was a fantastic finale!

What happens next year? Is Linden going back to the psych ward? Is Holder going to lie for her and say she was defending herself?
Even if Holder lied for her I think the forensics would prove he was on his knees...maybe the powers at be in Seattle will want a quick resolution since they had they wrong guy and Skinner was the lead investigator...maybe just ship her off to a psych ward like you said!

Old 08-14-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Even if Holder lied for her I think the forensics would prove he was on his knees...maybe the powers at be in Seattle will want a quick resolution since they had they wrong guy and Skinner was the lead investigator...maybe just ship her off to a psych ward like you said!
Holder could lie and say he had a weapon and refused to put it down, or that Skinner was moving threateningly towards her starting to stand up, refusing to stop. I'm sure they could come up with a plausible lie to make it a justifiable shooting considering all that happened. I can't see any way that she could tell the truth, and still remain a cop, she would either end up in jail, or the psych ward. The case will get HUGE amounts of local and national press, everyone will know about the affair, Seward, all of it. The police will want to settle this in a way that looks good for the department, that could probably go either way for her.

Any lie will end up eroding their relationship, secrets like that tend to be toxic, but could make for an interesting storyline. I could see her wanting to just tell the truth and Holder pushing for a lie to save her, that would complicate things. On some level by shooting him she was giving up her beliefs as a police officer. I wonder if the emotional devastation, feelings of failure as a detective for not seeing it, and letting Seward be executed were so much that she just gave up and took the satisfactory choice, consequences be damned. Holder will not want to let her go down for this. Before this happened, they were both in a relatively good place as people and partners, I guess they had to smash that to keep it interesting.

I have no idea where this will go, or even if they will get another season, but I'm sure the writers have a plan.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:15 PM

How about Linden is in a psych ward and the patients start to go missing...and nobody but Holder believes her...it could work...LOL

Old 08-15-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
How about Linden is in a psych ward and the patients start to go missing...and nobody but Holder believes her...it could work...LOL

Will he work the case by going undercover and getting himself checked in too? I'm sure he could liven up a place like that, could be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV