Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,773,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
That attempted kiss had nothing to do with how Holder feels about Linden. He was in pain and he wanted the pain to go away. He's an addict (recovering or not) and that's how addicts are. They will do anything to get the pain to stop. It was an attempt for a momentary distraction. There is a friendship there and because they are partners, they will protect each other's back but there is nothing romantic about their relationship.

If this show comes back next season, I can't wait to see how Holder and Linden handle this situation. Will Linden be brought up on charges? Will Holder lie and say it was a justifiable shooting? Skinner didn't have a gun on him. Linden wasn't assaulted by Skinner. How is she going to explain shooting him . . . twice? Because he wouldn't shut up?
Yeah I can certainly appreciate the sentiment... there have been some folks in my life, well, let's just say it's good I don't have a gun! But "he wouldn't shut up" is hardly a legal strategy. The only way I see it working out is a self defense claim... that he lunged her or something or that she thought he had a weapon. He is considerably larger than her so perhaps some claim like that would fly. I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 05:08 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,225,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Yeah I can certainly appreciate the sentiment... there have been some folks in my life, well, let's just say it's good I don't have a gun! But "he wouldn't shut up" is hardly a legal strategy. The only way I see it working out is a self defense claim... that he lunged her or something or that she thought he had a weapon. He is considerably larger than her so perhaps some claim like that would fly. I don't know.
It's such a mess, this can't work out well. She can't tell the truth and keep her life, and any lie will end up being destructive for both of them, and erode their relationship. It just sucks, they were in such a good place in knowing that they could trust, and count on each other and be great partners, that's not something either of them have easily with people. Linden seemed to have reached a sense of peace and self acceptance with being a detective, and all the life difficulties that entails, she actually sounded hopeful that morning. They were both in pretty good places, considering who they are, and now that just seems shattered.

She was a homocide detective, she was sleeping with the serial killer she was hunting, and she had just watched another man die a horrible death for one of those murders. Anyone finding out they were sleeping with a killer would feel completely devastated, and betrayed, but to the detective working on the case, that could only feel like a failure in addition to all the other horrible emotions that would bring up. How will she come back from that?

I don't know where they will choose to go with this, but I sure hope we get to find out. Looks like we will have to wait for word on renewal, but hopefully this Netflix deal will keep it going.

Last edited by detshen; 08-07-2013 at 05:50 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM

5,364 posts, read 8,604,764 times
I can't get over how awesome the characters of Linden and Holder are on this series. I just completely love both of them!

These two actors are just so perfect in these roles. I hope this series has several more seasons.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I can't get over how awesome the characters of Linden and Holder are on this series. I just completely love both of them!

These two actors are just so perfect in these roles. I hope this series has several more seasons.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:02 PM

19,360 posts, read 16,915,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
LOL @ "it's good I don't have a gun!" I've said that a number of time in my life. It's good I don't own one, either.

As for Linden, it may turn out okay, though. If she feared for her life, it would be justified. After all, Skinner did take her hostage, lying about having Adrian hidden. Makes a person wonder what he had in mind for her, since Adrian wasn't in the trunk of the car, yet he said he was. I think he had plans to stuff Linden in the trunk but, thankfully, we won't know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post

I like 'em too. I think they are well matched. Both have flaws but they try to help each other out, the best they can. I remember last season when Linden was going through so much with her son and Holder used to talk with him. I thought that was sweet the way he referred to him as "little man." I can see why he felt so bad about Bullet.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:41 PM

400 posts, read 753,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
Spoiler
Those who were guessing a cop were right! And the top cop, too! Imagine hopping into bed with the serial killer you've been hunting for so long on the same day you find out it's him. Mega ick! Linden felt it through and through and shot him dead. I can guess that Holder will report that she shot in self defense. Hope so. Last weeks show was 100% intense, waiting for the call that never came. I felt like I was holding my breath the whole show and then said four letter words when the innocent man was not only hung but in the worst way possible. How many shows left for the season?

Moderator cut: spoiler tags added
Thanks for putting my post into a spoiler, Yac! You are so very helpful. I don't know what the waiting time frame is for discussing a show so on future posts, I'll just be vague so that no one gets upset.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:01 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,177,557 times
Something else that bugged me...how did Skinner find Angie? And how did Linden & Holder know for sure that the "crispy critter" was Angie, and not Kallie (or some other new victim)? I guess it had to be Angie in order for them to deduce it was a cop.

I'll be honest...I like Holder much more than I like Linden. I understand why she is the way she is, but I feel like she would be exhausting to be around. She also has the worst taste in men ever. (Skinner over Holder...please! ) But I'm glad that her character is so flawed, since there are so few female anti-heroes on tv.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Something else that bugged me...how did Skinner find Angie? And how did Linden & Holder know for sure that the "crispy critter" was Angie, and not Kallie (or some other new victim)? I guess it had to be Angie in order for them to deduce it was a cop.

I'll be honest...I like Holder much more than I like Linden. I understand why she is the way she is, but I feel like she would be exhausting to be around. She also has the worst taste in men ever. (Skinner over Holder...please! ) But I'm glad that her character is so flawed, since there are so few female anti-heroes on tv.
The ME did say that the injury had healed for a couple weeks, so it would make sense that it was Angie because she got away and had time for the finger to heal. I don't know how Skinner found her, that requires suspension of disbelief because she was on her way out of town, and if he hadn't got to her by that point I doubt he would have found her. There were a number of unbelievable aspects of the finale.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:13 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,773,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post

I agree. If I wanted to hang out with someone, Holder would be it... but you are right about female anti-heroes. Imagine, a woman, who is a mother, who is NOT a good mother, but not a rotten person either!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:14 PM

5,364 posts, read 8,604,764 times
I am deeply envious of Holder's real life girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV