Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 AM

3,999 posts, read 5,041,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Not really a crazy theory at all, IMHO.

He certainly is a sadistic one at any rate.

Man, that episode was a downer. Good, but I feel the need to watch something incredibly silly / funny after that.
I guess we'll have to wait and see...the killer seems to be someone we would never expect and someone we've seen many times. Pins and needles!!

Yes, it's a really heavy show...and it's really good. Sometimes I like feeling the weight of a show, but I also agree that I usually watch something light and fluffy afterwards as well. This is one of those shows that I keep thinking about it after I've watched an episode and may take a few days after the finale to "come down". Know what I mean? I guess this is the type of show I really like...probably the reason why I also like The Bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 02:01 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,223,400 times
The last episode almost felt like torture! I like dark shows, but this one is pushing the limit on tragic things happening. We all knew a stay wasn't happening, but we saw him denied time with his son, and his son denied the time with him he so wanted, then a little bright spot with the son standing outside the window, then he goes terrified, barely able to stand about to be hanged, but that's not enough... we have to hear him choke to death since they apparently screwed it up. I couldn't even post about it for a few days.

The prison guard isn't an outrageous theory, anyone's a possible killer at this point, and he's a real piece of work, but I'm not sure how the guard could set Joe up unless Joe is his accomplice, which is a possibility. There just isn't much evidence to follow, I suppose it would be someone we know, but it could be some stranger for all the evidence and clues we have to go on.

I do suspect a cop is involved. All that evidence magically appearing that neatly tied up Joe as the killer was way too convenient. The killer is smart, crafty, and very powerful. He wasn't some cab driver hiding in a storage unit with a body in his car, and all the evidence right there with him. Angie was TERRIFIED of him tracking her down, she was afraid to talk to the police, and ran away from the hospital. Bullet was so scared, and he got her even though she seemed to know who he was. He may have had the ability to get someone to help him get to her (Twitch was acting weird). I need to Bullet to carefully tie into the ending, otherwise her death just felt like it was for shock value, and that's going to bug me. I hope I'm not giving the writers too much credit in thinking they planned for that.

Reddick had a large bandage on his hand when they found Bullet, we know she fought back, and she talked to him the night she was killed, but that could be a red herring for the final episode. There's just something creepy about Skinner, he always struck my wrong, and I wondered if he pushed the evidence in favor of convicting Ray. That said, in reality neither of them actually make sense, Reddick just seems lazy, and bored with life, not what I would expect of a serial killer in the throes of a killing spree, and why would Skinner bring the obsessed Linden back whom he knows will destroy herself to find the killer, and why would he be in love with her if he secretly has an obsession with teenage prostitutes. I can't think of anyone else we know.

I don't know who the killer is, I don't really care that much, I have enjoyed the characters this season.

Last edited by detshen; 07-30-2013 at 02:10 PM..

Old 07-30-2013, 02:10 PM

3,999 posts, read 5,041,220 times
All good points. I just have a hunch...nothing concrete about the guard. But I think they'll tie it all up...I hope they do. I haven't been disappointed yet with this show so I'm just rolling with it.

I agree it was really heavy...I had a lump in my throat and my husband and I just sort of sat there when it was over. We had to digest everything we just saw...still loved it!!

Old 07-30-2013, 02:34 PM

8,827 posts, read 21,353,385 times
The only joy was Holder telling Linden he is not going to try and kiss her again.

Oh gosh. I so want these two to get together already.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-30-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
The only joy was Holder telling Linden he is not going to try and kiss her again.

Oh gosh. I so want these two to get together already.
I believe Linden's got it in her, we saw her lighten up a lot with that relatively young ferry worker. I think she must value working with Holder, and hope to continue, otherwise I think she might have gone for it. It was great to see them have a little fun together, and to see him be the one to pull her out of it. I'm also glad he threw the beers away, he doesn't need to start down that road again despite the misery and guilt he must be feeling. Finding the killer, and figuring out what happened will help a lot.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:15 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,063,584 times
The season finale of "The Killing" is tonight.
Last week the prisoner was hanged. I thought for sure that he would be spared somehow.
Before that, the girl who dressed like a boy, was killed.

We'll see what happens tonight.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:37 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,697,856 times
I think it's the bald prison guard...but it is probably a red herring...LOL!

Old 08-04-2013, 12:51 PM

6,903 posts, read 7,669,012 times
Yeah, Reddick and Skinner seem the probable choices. Which means they probably aren't.

So who's even left? Bald prison guy (but I think he just represents the weak and bad side of human nature), Aaron Douglas prison guy (but he may just represent the weak but good side of human nature).

There really isn't anyone left, except -

Twitch?
Joe's mother the motel lady?

Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 PM

19,355 posts, read 16,904,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Yeah, Reddick and Skinner seem the probable choices. Which means they probably aren't.

So who's even left? Bald prison guy (but I think he just represents the weak and bad side of human nature), Aaron Douglas prison guy (but he may just represent the weak but good side of human nature).

There really isn't anyone left, except -

Twitch?
Joe's mother the motel lady?
Now this is who I'm suspecting. She's a mean, nasty thing and since Joe had the box of rings, I keep trying to think of who he could have gotten them from. The easiest answer is his mother. How could he have gotten them from a cop or prison guard?

Old 08-04-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Now this is who I'm suspecting. She's a mean, nasty thing and since Joe had the box of rings, I keep trying to think of who he could have gotten them from. The easiest answer is his mother. How could he have gotten them from a cop or prison guard?
That type of serial killer being female is pretty much unheard of, females generally kill for money, love, or self protection, and they almost always kill people they know, or are involved with in some way. They don't generally hunt unless they are working with a man, but I suppose it's possible.

A cop could have set him up, put the rings there to be found with him, and Bullet's body in the trunk. The prison guard would have had to have been working with him to set him up like that.

I suspect Twitch could have been involved with Bullet somehow, I keep thinking he might have set her up to be caught by the killer, but I can't see him as the serial killer. The killer is smart, he has gotten away with this for years. Twitch would probably be too busy looking at himself in the mirror to hunt and kill girls, and he doesn't seem all that bright, but I suppose that could be an act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV