Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 05:43 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,172,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I thought they were going to kiss.

Irresistable passion and all that.
She must have been attracted to his brain.

Watching this show, one would think that there wasn't a single well-lit building in all of Seattle...I know, it's part of the atmosphere of the show. But they really make it look like the grungiest, most depressing place ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 06:59 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,333,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
She must have been attracted to his brain.

Watching this show, one would think that there wasn't a single well-lit building in all of Seattle...I know, it's part of the atmosphere of the show. But they really make it look like the grungiest, most depressing place ever.
Yeah, thank you for that! I sometimes get irritated that it is so dark all the time that I don't actually watch the program but rather just listen to it while I am doing something else. It always distracts me that I feel like I can't really see or tell what's actually going on. I also get that is the purpose for the lack of lighting in the series but it is distracting to a fault. I thought it was just me.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 07-02-2013, 07:11 PM

19,264 posts, read 16,792,116 times
I finally watched Sunday night's episode. I was really disappointed that it didn't show how Callie's mom got away from Joe without him suspecting. The week before, she was standing over his bag while Callie's phone was ringing. Joe walks into the room but then it ended. I wanted to see more than just her walking into the police station to find Sarah. They left out an entire scene.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,662,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Yeah, thank you for that! I sometimes get irritated that it is so dark all the time that I don't actually watch the program but rather just listen to it while I am doing something else. It always distracts me that I feel like I can't really see or tell what's actually going on. I also get that is the purpose for the lack of lighting in the series but it is distracting to a fault. I thought it was just me.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
I think I missed half the show because of that but put the brightness way up on my TV and it helps a lot.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:53 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,212,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I finally watched Sunday night's episode. I was really disappointed that it didn't show how Callie's mom got away from Joe without him suspecting. The week before, she was standing over his bag while Callie's phone was ringing. Joe walks into the room but then it ended. I wanted to see more than just her walking into the police station to find Sarah. They left out an entire scene.
Me too, she said something about barely getting away, but they never showed it. I understood what you guys were saying about the sound this time, I have slightly plugged ears due to allergies and had to keep rewinding and using closed caption in a bunch of scenes.

I'm most curious about how the son saw his mother killed while in the closet and was found in the closet, but also draws pictures of the dumpsite. It seems there has to be a real, and ongoing connection between his murdered mother and the killer. I wish we knew what the son said after the murder, did he ever give any indication about the killer, or did he just refuse to talk at all. I thought the last episode mostly made Seward look more guilty, yet it convinced Linden that he's innocent. I feel like I'm missing something there.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:08 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,636,908 times
Haven't read all the posts, but . . .

My money's on the priest/minister who runs the shelter for kids being the killer.

Unless it's been so obvious because he's a red herring.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,662,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Me too, she said something about barely getting away, but they never showed it. I understood what you guys were saying about the sound this time, I have slightly plugged ears due to allergies and had to keep rewinding and using closed caption in a bunch of scenes.

I'm most curious about how the son saw his mother killed while in the closet and was found in the closet, but also draws pictures of the dumpsite. It seems there has to be a real, and ongoing connection between his murdered mother and the killer. I wish we knew what the son said after the murder, did he ever give any indication about the killer, or did he just refuse to talk at all. I thought the last episode mostly made Seward look more guilty, yet it convinced Linden that he's innocent. I feel like I'm missing something there.
After I turned my brightness up, I watched again from the beginning. One part that I missed before was this, Linden told Holder that Adrian lived close to the dumpsite. He may have played down there or his mother may have taken him there often. It could explain why the killer came to their home, knowing they may have seen something.

There was a vent in the closet and that is how he could have seen the murder being committed.
I am wondering why Adrian slept in closets to begin with???

Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,212,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
After I turned my brightness up, I watched again from the beginning. One part that I missed before was this, Linden told Holder that Adrian lived close to the dumpsite. He may have played down there or his mother may have taken him there often. It could explain why the killer came to their home, knowing they may have seen something.

There was a vent in the closet and that is how he could have seen the murder being committed.
I am wondering why Adrian slept in closets to begin with???
Thank you, I missed that about Adrian living close to the dumpsite, that clears up a lot. He must have seen something. One misses one line in this show and it changes everything, I think I need to start watching it twice.

I knew he saw his mother being killed through the vent, I just couldn't figure out how it related to the dumpsite, and I still wonder if he ever gave any kind of description of who he thought might have been there, or talked about it at all. Do we know anything about that? They must have asked him if his father was there, I wonder if he said no, and they just kept it quiet assuming he didn't see anything.

It's interesting that his father put the stars up.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:21 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,636,908 times
On the other hand, I don't suspect the Priest/Minister anymore - he's too obvious. He'll probably turn out to be a pervert of some kind, but not the mass murderer.

So now I've decided to bet a nickel that the guard played by Aaron Douglas is the serial killer. There's got to be a reason he's in that seemingly small part.

Time will tell!

Old 07-05-2013, 07:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,677,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
On the other hand, I don't suspect the Priest/Minister anymore - he's too obvious. He'll probably turn out to be a pervert of some kind, but not the mass murderer.

So now I've decided to bet a nickel that the guard played by Aaron Douglas is the serial killer. There's got to be a reason he's in that seemingly small part.

Time will tell!
Hadn't thought of that...wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV