Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 09:28 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,880,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I read an article dated 2010 that BB UK was having it's final series that year. Does anyone know if that was true? I can't imagine BB going off the air in the UK. It was so much more spicy than our American version. The Fortune Teller was also a big part of BB. Ours does zip.
Not True.

Also, to the people saying it's not fair that the vets will win. The newbies brought this on themselves in the beginning when they got star struck and scared of the vets and started picking themselves off one by one. Shelly had a crush on Jeff and Jordan, Porshe latched on to the biggest loud mouth Rachel, and Adam worshiped the ground Dick walked on. Khalia let her pride get the best of her when she voted out Keith. It was all downhill for the newbies when they voted out Keith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 AM

483 posts, read 855,585 times
Spoiler
I don't like this Pandora's box business. At this point, the show is beginning to bore me. I know tptb want R/J in the final 2. If that happens, I would rather Rachel win since she hasn't won before, rather than Jordan. The rest of the dummies won't vote for who played the game the best which imo, should be those who won competitions and made big moves. They can't stand Rachel so they would vote for Jordan to win again.

Jordan just sucks! She couldn't win a competition if it was a race of who could tie their shoelace the quickest. She is really 'stoopid' and she has no right to talk about another player's game, ever!

Old 08-28-2011, 10:58 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,042,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
In the beginning, if Kalia and Shelley wouldn't have voted out Keith, it would have been a better show. Or did the producers tell them to vote the other way? Probably. Since they have it totally rigged. This show does suck. I think it's time to end it for good. Time to think of something new.

How about 16 strangers of all ages having to live in a haunted castle, dealing with ghosts and each other. No electricity, only candles. No running water, just a hole in the ground or an outhouse. And the ghosts vote them out week by week.

There was a much better show on Discovery called, "the colony" and I wished it would come back. They had to make everything from scrap parts.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,485,265 times
After the news off the spoiler sites, it's a lock. The fix is in. Henceforth, watch it for the drama and comedy involving people you've spent the summer watching, but don't be taken in that there is any fair competition going at all. Not even organized crime would rig a result so blatantly and shamelessly.

It's not that I want to stop watching; I wish there were something that could be done to actively cause CBS and Allison Grodner unpleasantness. I'm not so offended that they cheat; it's that they cheat so crudely and obviously that it insults my intelligence, like a corporation saying "In order to better serve you, we are cutting staff, reducing hours, raising prices and lowering quality!" I feel like a john whose prostitute just told him she loved him. Really, honey, I know you're faking this, but let's not trowel it on, all right?

What? Did I just compare CBS and Endemol to someone who gets paid for sex? How vile of me--toward prostitutes. Sorry, ladies and gents, my bad.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:22 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,241,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
There was a much better show on Discovery called, "the colony" and I wished it would come back. They had to make everything from scrap parts.

Oooh, I watched that a few years ago on PBS and another one set in the West being settled too. Those were good series! I would like to see them again too.

Spoiler

Rachel: "I'm just frustrated with stuff. I just miss Brendon so much, I miss him..so much. And I don't know what's going on and I just wanna like, hug him and..I'm worried about stuff.."
Jordan: "What are you worried about?"
Rachel: "You know..I don't wanna say it outloud."
Jordan: "Ohhh. Mm hmm."

Hmmm, baby worries?? I wonder if she would/will keep it?? I can't see Brendon being okay with having his baby aborted.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:37 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,836,556 times
This season is so bad that Adam is the only person I can stomach at this point.... pitiful.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 AM

2,945 posts, read 5,001,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
After the news off the spoiler sites, it's a lock. The fix is in. Henceforth, watch it for the drama and comedy involving people you've spent the summer watching, but don't be taken in that there is any fair competition going at all. Not even organized crime would rig a result so blatantly and shamelessly.

It's not that I want to stop watching; I wish there were something that could be done to actively cause CBS and Allison Grodner unpleasantness. I'm not so offended that they cheat; it's that they cheat so crudely and obviously that it insults my intelligence, like a corporation saying "In order to better serve you, we are cutting staff, reducing hours, raising prices and lowering quality!" I feel like a john whose prostitute just told him she loved him. Really, honey, I know you're faking this, but let's not trowel it on, all right?

What? Did I just compare CBS and Endemol to someone who gets paid for sex? How vile of me--toward prostitutes. Sorry, ladies and gents, my bad.
I know right! I can't believe how blatant it is.

F-You Big Brother...for real.

Can't they just pay for Rachel and Brendon's wedding? That's cheaper than giving them half a million. We ALL know they want to pay for it and they're gunning for whenever J&J get engaged that they let the CBS ass kisses be included too.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:57 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,241,649 times
Jordan goes into the lounge room with Rachel & they talk. They then start talking about wedding stuff and how it's funny they both met their future husbands in the BB house.

Hee-hee, guess that means J/J are gonna tie the knot too?? Now that wedding I'd like to see BB put on. I just like J/J together. Have I said that enough times??

Old 08-28-2011, 01:43 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,669,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I get sick of it too, but not enough to quit watching. I do scan past those parts too. It's not only women. I've seen plenty of "reality" shows where the men are boo hooing like little girls.
What gets me in the cursing. On the live show, entire phrases are bleeped out to the point where, I don't know what the hell they are saying. Maybe they should move the show to a cable network, at least we could hear an uncensored conversation. Was there always that much cursing on BB? I think it gets worse each season.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,324,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
It's been number one in the ratings for it's time slot almost every time it's aired this season. You can view the ratings near the bottom of this page.

As long as it does well in the ratings, it will come back, year after year!
Are you one of the producers? hint: southern calif location. The show sucks for anyone with a brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV