Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,848,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Agreed UNC4Me! The only part where I differ slightly, is that I think Jordan will get voted out before Rachel. I think Kalia, Porsche, and Shelly are all very aware of the fact that none of them can beat Jordan in the final two.
You could be right, but I thought Rachel would go because:

Jordan hasn't won a competion yet and is not as much of a threat as Rachel in that area.

Jordan has already won BB. I think when the vote comes, if she's one of the final 2, that some players will not vote for her since she's already won 500K.

And, Jordan is perceived as riding on Jeff's coat tails in the game. Rarely do you get votes for being perceived as not playing the game.

I guess we'll see if neither R or J wins the veto, but I certainly wouldn't count them out yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 09:54 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,394,453 times
Since you asked! I think Jordan and Rachel would both get at least three votes if either of them make the finale - Brendon, Jeff, and they would both vote for each other. But you need four votes to win in the end, and I think Jordan has a better chance of getting Adam's vote than Rachel does. That's why I think Kalia, Porsche and Shelly will want to go after Jordan first.

But, there are still lots of twists coming, and lots of competitions left to be won - so it's anyone's game at this point!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:53 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,495,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
That's why I don't like it when people give things to me, b/c while they may not say it, they always expect something back. In this instance, Jordan expected to have Shelly's loyalty. I were in her shoes, I wouldn't have taken the phone call. Shelly had what, the 5 Gs on her right?
Please pardon a brief introduction of religion into the discussion. In Asatru, the way we say this is with the description of the G rune, of which is said: "Gift asks ever for gift." We are uneager to give gifts and leerier to receive them, and this is why--it is hard to distinguish when one has redressed the balance of obligations, or whether one must.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM

I have found one reliable way to determine when a HG is making a promise they have no intention of keeping: when they swear by a family member.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,460,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
And, Jordan is perceived as riding on Jeff's coat tails in the game. Rarely do you get votes for being perceived as not playing the game.
I guess you haven't seen Survivor.

Seriously though, what did Jordan do the season she won... the same thing this season as last... ride Jeff's coattails and be sweet to everyone i.e. likeable. If she makes final, she wins. Guarantee.

Quote:
If she hadn't opened Pandora's box, Rachel would have been eliminated, Shellhe and Adam would have stayed floated to her side and Portia would have a 3 in 4 chance for a favorable HOH outcome.
One flaw: Adam would still be loyal to Jordan so she would be 2 for 4.

Again, who is to say Rachel/Jordan even get off the block...

Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,553,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

Seriously though, what did Jordan do the season she won... the same thing this season as last... ride Jeff's coattails and be sweet to everyone i.e. likeable. If she makes final, she wins. Guarantee.

If Adam take either Rachel or Jordan to the finals, he will not win. If he takes either Portia or Kalia to the finals he may have a chance. Kalia can keep riding that "i'm keeping my word" as much as she want, but if she does not win that HOH next week she's gone. Guarantee...

Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,848,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

You are correct... Survivor is not a show I've ever watched. And yes, you are also correct that Jordan has the likeability vote for sure.

I have to disagree that Adam would still be loyal to Jordan... I think Adam will float on over to please whatever side is in power at the moment. At least that's been his game play up to now.

And of course, this is all speculation until we see how the veto plays out!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:55 PM

I have coined a new term for someone who lives life vicariously through their spouse or partner, and bawls at the slightest provocation:

A Rachist.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:18 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,257,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I have coined a new term for someone who lives life vicariously through their spouse or partner, and bawls at the slightest provocation:

A Rachist.

Sounds like a dirty word.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Sounds like a dirty word.
Great headline: "Jordan beset by allegations of rachism after Jeff's eviction."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV