Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,520,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
My fave moments so far:

1) Got a little teary-ish watching William and Harry riding to the ceremony. Gosh, It would have been nice to see Diana's face at the site of her two boys on this day.

2) Pippa's dress was just gorgeous! She looked amazing! Surprised she wore white, but it was beautiful.

3) When Harry looked backed and caught a glimpse of Kate and whispered to William. That was classic and great!

4) Just the looked of joy on both of their faces! And when Will saw her for the first time, It looked like he was trying to take it all in!

5) Hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure the balcony kiss will be terrific!

I will have to take a short nap afterward before I start my day! LOL

Your favorite moments so far?
I LOVED when Harry looked back & then whispered to William. There was just something so sweet about it.

And then when it was William, Kate, & her dad at the altar.

I'm really glad I was able to see some it. Those boys have held their own under incredible pressure & constant reminders. And Kate looks like she is ready for it all.

edited to add: thought her sister's dress was amazing. Kate obviously looked stunning.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,819,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Just wondering if anyone else is watching the wedding of William and Catherine.

I have not paid attention to much of the hoopla but I watched William's mother get married 30 years ago and I'm determined to watch him wed. I've been watching wedding-related programming since about 10 p.m.
It was nice to be able to watch it, but since I am not English I don't really understand all the hoopla outside England.
Unless one works with history or fashion, this is something pretty much only relevant to the English, right?

Princess Diana was a flawless woman and I was glad to see her son getting married, everything was beautiful, but that is all imo.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,444,246 times
I wasn't impressed with Pippa's dress--it was almost too simple. It needed a sash or something. Kate's dress was beautiful. Like all the talking heads have been saying: very Grace Kelly.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,074,244 times
Sorry to irritate anyone here but I am glad this stuff is over. The press has been talking about it for along time now. At the moment I'd love to be watching my morning news but the damb wedding coverage is still on.

Anyways, I feel bad for Kate. The media likes to make a star/and or someone popular and then tear a person down. Hopefully, the couple will stay happy and in love. But I think the coverage is just getting started, just wait until she has a baby or until the Queen dies.

Glad there is divo, I can now watch something else.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,312,767 times
I will try to watch it this weekend, as i'm sure it will be on.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:58 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,504,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
what is the "stuff" on the road that looks like dirt?
They put sand on the road to muffle the sound of the horses hoofs.

My question --the announcers refer to the a section of the route as 'The Mall/Mile/or other'? Someone commented --'This is not like a mall in the US'--I suppose they were saying 'mall' --as a boulevard?

William and Catherine just left the palace in an Astin Martin with balloons and Just Wed on the back of the car.

I want to see pictures of the cake and want to know what everyone is wearing tonight.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:00 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,520,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post

Kate looks tired.
She probably is; she knows it will not be an easy life. May be a priviledge life, but it will not be easy.

It was nice to watch, but nothing I would ever want. Such extreme scrutiny & always the talking of Diana. Always. I could never imagine being reminded of my MIL on a regular basis.

One of the reasons William waited for awhile was to make sure they could handle a marriage under a microscope.

It was nice to watch. The media of course killed it weeks ago. But I still enjoyed seeing them & a little bit of it. There can be small elements of fantasy in life.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,504,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
So was I but I assume she had Kate's permission - maybe it was even Kate's choice.

I got a little choked up when they were saying their vows but that's usual for me at any wedding.

I think my favorite part was when the ring almost didn't go onto Kate's finger, lol. I'm surprised they made the ring so tight - I thought they would have made it loose just for the ceremony and then maybe tighten it later. When William finally got it over her knuckle, my husband and I let out a duel "phew!" Near disaster averted!
There was discussion among the announcers about this--all attendants wearing white. I'm not certain but I thought it was an English tradition---several centuries old? I could be wrong.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,220,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
her dress is perfectly exquisite. A beautiful bride! Such a lovely couple.
I thought so too. A dress of understated, simple elegance. Stunning!!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:12 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,347,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
I liked Kate's dress ~~ very pretty, .. At first, looking at her Mum ~~ I thought she was wearing white. But I guess it was a dove gray ~~ I could be wrong. Anyone????
It was dove gray. They commented on it on CNN saying it was a good color choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV