Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,914,197 times

Advertisements

The numbers are in (at least for the United States). 23 million viewers tuned in for the wedding. Very impressive considering the time and the day it aired here. It surpassed Diana and Charles wedding in viewers.

Ratings: Millions watched Royal Wedding; ceremony outdraws Charles and Diana | Inside TV | EW.com

Old 05-01-2011, 12:59 AM

I think Queen Elizabeth would have fainted if Will and Kate kissed like this:

YouTube - Royal Wedding Frederik & Mary - Balcony Scene (14 May 2004)

Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,462,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I think Queen Elizabeth would have fainted if Will and Kate kissed like this:
I thought both kisses looked much more spontaneous and less stiff. I liked it.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I thought both kisses looked much more spontaneous and less stiff. I liked it.
It was pretty cool how intensely the crowd gets into it. I kind of wish we had things to celebrate like that in my city. Something that brought us altogether. Most of all something that wasn't commercial. We have a big New Year's Eve celebration but that's a global thing. The 4th of July really doesn't bring that many people out in my city. I guess at least Washington D.C. has the inaugurations every 4 years but sadly those don't really bring everyone together because of how divisive politics can be.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:47 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,670,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I would certainly have preferred a different approach--I suppose the 'Media' believes it understands the 'masses' and chose to share the fyi that was appropriate to 'the unwashed'.

I have managed to fill in some blanks for myself--which is perhaps a good thing.
The demographic they cater is TMZ-- I dont watch that, the hats on the show host just looked ridiculous.

Of course, if they had a host with class, she could have carried it off.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:45 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,565,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The demographic they cater is TMZ-- I dont watch that, the hats on the show host just looked ridiculous.

Of course, if they had a host with class, she could have carried it off.
In the wee hours of the AM--I started with TLC--I think Brooke was featured --it's all a blur now.--couldn't take much of that. Switched to NBC, CNN---a few others--somewhat better.

The worst--Kathie Lee and Hoda and Joy Behar--

Which then led me to the internet. I suppose I am grateful for the 'crusts of bread' they offered.

CNN--Soledad O'Brien had a decent special--I saw it last night--certain it aired previously. As far as I am concerned she gets takes 1st Place.

Ann Coulter had a few good things to say. NBC special on Friday night.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:17 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,437,869 times
^^^I tried to watch Kathie Lee and I just couldn't. She talks right over Hoda. How can anyone stand to watch that woman? It's cringe inducing. I watched the wedding on MSNBC.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:43 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,565,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
^^^I tried to watch Kathie Lee and I just couldn't. She talks right over Hoda. How can anyone stand to watch that woman? It's cringe inducing. I watched the wedding on MSNBC.
lol--She reminds me of my friend, 'Kathie'--always interrupted me. Sometimes I interrupted her--lol.

I suppose it is somewhat 'entertaining' at times--'Girl Talk', for older girls.

In the right mood I occasionally --lol--and will admit to occasionally watching 'The View'. This has been going on for years--and will continue.

My life is 'different'--boring and dull. I know I need an extreme makeover--on my To Do List. yippee!

Old 05-01-2011, 02:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,495,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
My life is 'different'--boring and dull. I know I need an extreme makeover--on my To Do List. yippee!
I hear that. I was busy with a business crisis the past year. Now that it has passed I'm going to turn 50 in several months I am trying to think of what I want to do with the last part of my life. My last child will be off to college in seven years. I don't want to be heartbroken at that point.

I don't do Kathie Lee. She had flashes of "very good" when with Regis but yes, she talks over Hoda and is obnoxious.

I watched mostly CNN although there was some bizarre woman on there that I didn't care for. A male commentator, too. They kept screeching. I switched back and forth from them to MSNBC and BBC America until I finally keeled over at about 9 a.m. I watched the NBC special, too. They've run it on MSNBC and I've taped it. Well downloaded it. Very good.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Barbara Walters had a pretty good special Friday night on ABC. As for the morning coverage I went with the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV