Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 08:14 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,565,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Brooke Anderson in a floppy hat trying to look cultured on "HLN news" last night. Saw four minutes of it, then had to turn off in disgust. Too shallow.

FWIW the couple seems down to earth, they donated alot to charity. Its Amerikan media that makes me nauseous.
I would certainly have preferred a different approach--I suppose the 'Media' believes it understands the 'masses' and chose to share the fyi that was appropriate to 'the unwashed'.

I have managed to fill in some blanks for myself--which is perhaps a good thing.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,301,515 times
I forgot to mention how handsome David Beckham looked at the wedding! Mmmm, mmmm. having only seen him in one Pepsi commercial recently, I can understand why the ladies swoon for him! I ain't dead yet!!!

Charles and his sister Ann, both unfortunatly got their looks from Phillip. Camilla looked like an old horse. No amount of pretty clothes can change that. Good thing she's too old to have kids.

I have to say, once again, that Kate's dresses were simply gorgeous. "Barbie" that's your new wedding gown if you should choose to marry "Ken"!

Just saw the couple had to take a helicopter to a privcate place somewhere in the UK because William's duty calls next week. Welcome to reality, Kate.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:07 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,111,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I agree. It wasn't a beautiful dress lol..It looked like a doilie around the front. She is very pretty but that dress was anything but gorgeous!Definitely too dated for a young girl like her!
Some people like things that you would call dated. It's personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Just saw the couple had to take a helicopter to a privcate place somewhere in the UK because William's duty calls next week. Welcome to reality, Kate.
I saw on the news that it was their choice to not have a honeymoon. I never had a honeymoon.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:14 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,252,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Brooke Anderson in a floppy hat trying to look cultured on "HLN news" last night. Saw four minutes of it, then had to turn off in disgust. Too shallow.

FWIW the couple seems down to earth, they donated alot to charity. Its Amerikan media that makes me nauseous.
All the girls on TMZ wore hats on the Friday night show.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:34 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,914,197 times
Now this is a very elaborate trip back to the palace from the church. The boat ride almost seemed like something you'd see in a Disney movie.

YouTube - Swedish Wedding Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel.avi

Old 04-30-2011, 11:03 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,301,515 times
Another stunning bride! You can see the groom is a cutie under those glasses.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Another stunning bride! You can see the groom is a cutie under those glasses.
He has a Clark Kent look to him. He was also her former personal trainer so you know he has a superman body under that tux. They both look so cute and in love. Especially once they boarded the boat and the way she was looking at him. They seemed a bit more relaxed with each other and showing more affection than Kate and Will.

Last edited by westhou; 04-30-2011 at 11:49 PM..

Old 05-01-2011, 12:04 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,495,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
He has a Clark Kent look to him. He was also her former personal trainer so you know he has a superman body under that tux. They both look so cute and in love. Especially once they boarded the boat and the way she was looking at him. They seemed a bit more relaxed with each other and showing more affection than Kate and Will.
I caught a glimpse of them Friday at Westminster Abbey.

Quote:
I forgot to mention how handsome David Beckham looked at the wedding!
He is very handsome. Victoria looked like she was in a very bad mood but being pregnant, it is understandable. But the horror of him wearing that medal, and on the wrong side, no less. Bless his heart, I guess he is proud of it but it was a bit cringe-worthy!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:20 AM

[quote=hiknapster;18964058]I caught a glimpse of them Friday at Westminster Abbey.

I wonder did any of the British Royal Family attended their wedding.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:33 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,495,160 times
[quote=westhou;18964150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I caught a glimpse of them Friday at Westminster Abbey.

I wonder did any of the British Royal Family attended their wedding.
Edward and Sophie attended, representing Queen Elizabeth II. Crown Princess Victoria's father is a cousin to the queen and this makes Victoria 205th in the line of succession to the British & other Commonwealth thrones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV