Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,567,673 times

Advertisements

I watched but did not get up early to. I loved the hats, so many different ones. I am sorry the dress was pretty but nothing special

Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,567,673 times
Also I seen a woman guest with out a hat on. The reporters were saying the invitations said Hats mandatory.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM

10,216 posts, read 17,918,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
There was discussion among the announcers about this--all attendants wearing white. I'm not certain but I thought it was an English tradition---several centuries old? I could be wrong.
In ancient times, it was tradition for the bride and bridesmaids to wear the same thing (not just the same color) but the white wedding dress was popularized by Queen Victoria in 1840. Before that, any color was an option - though in some cultures white was actually a color of morning so when Mary Queen of Scots chose to wear it for her first wedding to Francis II of France in the 16th century, it was considered an unusual choice.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,435,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Beatrice's hat is .... interesting.
I thought both the Princesses looked great.
Funky, young outfits and great hats.

I was switching between UK BBC and some awful coverage on TLC briefly.

IDIOTS covering the wedding didn't know the age of the Queen or even the name of Prince Andrews eldest!

Rupert someone (actor) was very disparaging re Eugenie and Beatrice but said he thought the Queen and Camilla looked wonderful.

I was glad the couple looked happy as there were a lot of miserable faces around in the guests and Camilla looked quite disinterested when they were taking their vows.

Unfortunately there was one really important person missing today.

I hope that Katherine doesn't get the same amount of pressure and hassle as Dianna and that their marriage is a much happier one.

I think Kates mothers outfit was either very pale blue or dove grey.

The stuff on the roads is sand so that the horses don't slide.

Dress was OK but I thought she might have worn something more like her sisters dress, but with sleeves and a train.

She did looke tired- maybe some of the rumours are true.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,571,607 times
No, and I'm sick of the constant news coverage of the wedding of spoiled kids.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,589,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
I thought both the Princesses looked great.
Funky, young outfits and great hats.

I was switching between UK BBC and some awful coverage on TLC briefly.

IDIOTS covering the wedding didn't know the age of the Queen or even the name of Prince Andrews eldest!

Rupert someone (actor) was very disparaging re Eugenie and Beatrice but said he thought the Queen and Camilla looked wonderful.

I was glad the couple looked happy as there were a lot of miserable faces around in the guests and Camilla looked quite disinterested when they were taking their vows.

Unfortunately there was one really important person missing today.

I hope that Katherine doesn't get the same amount of pressure and hassle as Dianna and that their marriage is a much happier one.

I think Kates mothers outfit was either very pale blue or dove grey.

The stuff on the roads is sand so that the horses don't slide.

Dress was OK but I thought she might have worn something more like her sisters dress, but with sleeves and a train.

She did looke tired- maybe some of the rumours are true.
Don't get me started.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,523,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I enjoyed it all, the hats!!!, the music, the ceremony and what a great and elegant dress and veil (much better than Diana's imho). I loved when they drove themselves a short distance from the palace to their house surprising everyone.

As a history buff, it was very interesting and learned lots of little tid bits like no kissing in the Abby.
Kate looked far happier than Diana on her wedding day.
Then again, Diana already knew Camille was in the picture but she could not back out of the wedding.

From CNN: "The couple will be known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge following their marriage, the royal family announced shortly before the wedding -- thus avoiding giving the newest member of the royal family any title that would implicitly compare her to Diana, Princess of Wales."

They brought an element of youth & modern yet held on to tradition.

The Aston Martin is a 1969 that was redesigned to run on biofuel in 2008. It's Prince Charles car.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,571,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
why? You don't like it just don't watch tv...............
Some of us wanted to watch the local morning news to get updates on the tornados which is much more important than a wedding of people I don't know.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:19 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,474,741 times
Quote:
Charles and Diana's marriage was very much for show. At least Kate and Will are older and have more life experience under their belts.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,201,386 times
I thoroughly enjoyed it on BBC America and watched the Royal Wedding 30 years ago (oy). I don't take it that seriously but it's fun to watch and yes there was one very important person missing.

I don't get what Chuck sees in Camilla - she looked and acted like a cow. "Beatrice and Eugenie look awful" INDEED. That hat was an atrocity. Randy Andy looking a little worn and no Fergie..glad to see Diana's brother there..gaydar going off on Kate's bro...speaking of that Edward ... well...

Harry seems to have come out as the most personable and popular - one can just tell that he is a good-natured soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV