Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,765,373 times

Advertisements

OR!!,....Here's a twist....Aiden is the illegitimate son. Ashley really knows who Emily is, and she betrays Emily to Jack, who betrays Emily to the Graysons! LOL "You IDIOTS didn't even KILL Amanda Clarke! My WIFE was not Amanda Clark!" Haha....can you tell that the suspense is killing me!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 10:17 AM

6,544 posts, read 6,764,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
I don't see Amanda coming back after they showed Emily letting her body slip into the water.
I agree. And Emily sat there in the boat crying over her death. None of that would make any sense if Emily was in on faking Amanda's death.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 AM

665 posts, read 630,804 times
Quote:
Charlotte being the falcon (I would never in a million years suspect that!)
According to the show, the Falcon used his/her genius computer skills to frame David Clarke for the downing of plane 197... an act of terrorism. So, Charlotte couldn't possibly be the Falcon. But, on the other hand, this show continuously comes up with ridiculous plots that fail miserably, so why not make a fetus or baby a super hacker that destroyed her own father? Why not retcon some more?

They retconned so many things on this show:

1. The Initiative's existence and their being the Big Bads who blew up the plane and forced the Graysons to do their bidding; and thus completely retconning the ENTIRE first season! In season 1, Conrad supposedly had no clue he laundered money for a terrorist organization and to take the heat off of him, he framed David Clarke.

Now in season 2, Conrad and Vic knew the Initiative existed from the beginning; were being threatened by them; they knew one of the Initiative's henchmen personally (the White Haired Man [WHM]); etc.

2. A super hacker called, "The Falcon", who NO ONE has ever mentioned until season 2. This show was originally based on Emily getting revenge against the Graysons for setting her father up as being a terrorist and against other members of Grayson Global that committed perjury to help convict her father. She also wanted revenge against the child psychologist, the prosecutor, etc. for their roles in ruining either her father's life or her life.

All of a sudden, in season 2, the Graysons aren't presented as the same evil monsters as they were presented to be in season 1. In fact the show minimizes what they've done by making the Graysons victims of the Initiative and by having the Falcon being the one who set David up instead of Conrad as originally told.

This Falcon person and his/her hacking prowess has been all of a sudden admired by Nolan since forever. Really show? It makes no sense.

3. Kara Clarke is no longer dead, but ALIVE! Not just alive, but she was in love with the WHM. Yeah, whatever.

4. Two words: Revenge camp. Takeda started out as a suave businessman who taught Emily how to be stealth in her takedowns of her enemies. Then they recast Takeda's part and now he's all mortal combat style and the viewers are supposed to believe that the Graysons actually have in the past and continue to do business with a bald ninja with a ponytail who exudes ZERO suaveness. The Graysons are all about appearances. This fell flat. And where is Takeda again, oh, yeah, another failed and dropped plot.

5. Victoria has a son older than Daniel. Seriously, what were these writers smoking? Once again, never mentioned in season 1. I think they make this stuff up as they go.

6. Ratings have tanked and viewers have been constantly complaining about all the ridiculous plots and the poor writing quality. Mike Kelley, who refuses to admit he screwed up, is claiming he will bring the focus back to the Graysons and Emily's revenge against them; reminding the viewers that Vic is so evil [Read: Trying to clean up the mess he made with the show].

So, what does Kelley do? He has Emily chuck her laptop off the pier and say that she lost her focus and all the evidence she had been collecting for years against the Graysons was a distraction. That was Kelley giving two middle fingers and a grand scale F U to the audience!

Kelley knew that viewers were upset that Emily had all she needed on that laptop and then some to destroy the Graysons in countless ways; and yet she never did anything of significance with the information to destroy them. So, Kelley has her chuck the laptop off the pier. He's trying to retcon her entire revenge journey by doing that. I'm beginning to think he hates the viewers. Oh, well. It will be canceled soon at the rate he's going. The ratings have been abysmal.

7. Too many other retcons to name. I'm tired. This show used to be so good. I need a hug.

Last edited by BellaMermaid; 04-10-2013 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: In my passion, I misspelled Initiative. :)

Old 04-10-2013, 12:09 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,957,625 times
BellaMermaid - Regarding your above post: You addressed a few times that something wasn't mentioned in Season 1 but now it is in Season 2. OK and so what. I fail to see the significance in that. That is how stories progress, I thought.
I still like the show.

Last edited by geebabe; 04-10-2013 at 12:21 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM

665 posts, read 630,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
BellaMermaid - Regarding your above post: You mention a few times that something wasn't mentioned in Season 1 but now it is in Season 2. So what. I fail to see the significance in that. That is how stories progress, I thought. I still like the show.
Stories progress organically, this stuff materialized into thin air... huge difference. Nolan to me is the best part about this show. I watch it for him. Hopefully the writers can rescue this show.

To me, the show went downhill when Kelley chickened out and didn't kill Daniel. I say chickened out because I have never been convinced that Kelley's original plan all along was to kill Tyler. Fans begged him to spare Daniel because they thought Josh was cute. Kelley killing Tyler was a cop out. Killing Daniel could have elevated their game and strengthened the animosity between Vic and Emily. They could really have had them go toe to toe revenge- wise. A ton of stories could have been told from that alone.

Although Kelley insists killing Daniel was never an option, he has listened to message boards and revised his storytelling to accommodate fans. Sometimes writers just need to write great stories and not get caught up in fanfic. A more recent example of this is the Conrad/Ashley affair. Kelley never wrote that in the script that Conrad and Ashley would have an affair nor did the actors ever play their roles as if they did. Ashley Madekwe went to Kelley saying everyone on message boards and fans seem to think Conrad and Ashley were having an affair so why not write that in. Kelley went on to do just that! And true to form, their affair was an absolute dud of a storyline.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM

Aw....it makes no difference to me, this "unexpected information" stuff. In fact, I kind of appreciate it. I get so tired of television shows and movies that are cut and dried. Far too many times have I gotten 1/2 way into a show, predicted exactly what was going to happen and then been right. They're writing this as they go along and actually I like it. It keeps it from being too predictable.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaMermaid View Post
Stories progress organically, this stuff materialized into thin air... huge difference. Nolan to me is the best part about this show. I watch it for him. Hopefully the writers can rescue this show.

To me, the show went downhill when Kelley chickened out and didn't kill Daniel. I say chickened out because I have never been convinced that Kelley's original plan all along was to kill Tyler. Fans begged him to spare Daniel because they thought Josh was cute. Kelley killing Tyler was a cop out. Killing Daniel could have elevated their game and strengthened the animosity between Vic and Emily. They could really have had them go toe to toe revenge- wise. A ton of stories could have been told from that alone.

Although Kelley insists killing Daniel was never an option, he has listened to message boards and revised his storytelling to accommodate fans. Sometimes writers just need to write great stories and not get caught up in fanfic. A more recent example of this is the Conrad/Ashley affair. Kelley never wrote that in the script that Conrad and Ashley would have an affair nor did the actors ever play their roles as if they did. Ashley Madekwe went to Kelley saying everyone on message boards and fans seem to think Conrad and Ashley were having an affair so why not write that in. Kelley went on to do just that! And true to form, their affair was an absolute dud of a storyline.
Well, I prefer watching each episode (most times twice) and to not read every bit of information that is written about the creator and the writers and the actors and the set designers and the janitor ..... ha-ha!!

I also don't consider Conrad and Ashley having a quickie on the desk ONE time to be an affair, but whatever.

Last edited by geebabe; 04-10-2013 at 02:17 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Aw....it makes no difference to me, this "unexpected information" stuff. In fact, I kind of appreciate it. I get so tired of television shows and movies that are cut and dried. Far too many times have I gotten 1/2 way into a show, predicted exactly what was going to happen and then been right. They're writing this as they go along and actually I like it. It keeps it from being too predictable.
I totally agree with you, beachmel. And for the people who don't like it - don't watch it.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I totally agree with you, beachmel. And for the people who don't like it - don't watch it.
The unpredictability of this show is exactly why I keep watching it!! I HAVE to watch every episode, because I seriously, have NO clue, what's going to pop up next! That is exactly what I love about the few shows I DO watch. They are loose cannons....spontaneous writing that keeps you guessing at every turn. For me, there are no real "yawn" episodes.

Shoot, it's hard enough for me to sit down long enough to actually watch a whole television program. Keep me hooked with unexpected stuff or I'm going to be off doing something else.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM

884 posts, read 1,064,390 times
I love the unexpectedness of this show very much! I may not like some of the outcomes or sometimes I just simply never understand why something happened that did. So I re-watch episodes twice like someone else here posted.

My biggest thing I don't like are these cliff hangers and then a 4-week break between episodes. At least they showed re-runs last week, with captions of interesting information on the characters and the show itself. Looking forward to whenever the next episode runs...I sort of lost track. Does anyone know when the next real episode returns? Let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV