Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 PM

6,544 posts, read 6,764,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
At least they showed re-runs last week, with captions of interesting information on the characters and the show itself. Looking forward to whenever the next episode runs...I sort of lost track. Does anyone know when the next real episode returns? Let me know
I didn't see that. Sounds interesting though! Did you find the captions helpful in piecing together things that may have been confusing previously? I've never seen a TV show do this, but it seems like a brilliant idea, especially for new viewers who want to jump in but feel like they don't know who any of the characters are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 01:42 PM

665 posts, read 630,804 times
Episode 2x19 "Identity" airs Apr. 28.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:02 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,118,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaMermaid View Post
According to the show, the Falcon used his/her genius computer skills to frame David Clarke for the downing of plane 197... an act of terrorism. So, Charlotte couldn't possibly be the Falcon. But, on the other hand, this show continuously comes up with ridiculous plots that fail miserably, so why not make a fetus or baby a super hacker that destroyed her own father? Why not retcon some more?

They retconned so many things on this show:

1. The Initiative's existence and their being the Big Bads who blew up the plane and forced the Graysons to do their bidding; and thus completely retconning the ENTIRE first season! In season 1, Conrad supposedly had no clue he laundered money for a terrorist organization and to take the heat off of him, he framed David Clarke.

Now in season 2, Conrad and Vic knew the Initiative existed from the beginning; were being threatened by them; they knew one of the Initiative's henchmen personally (the White Haired Man [WHM]); etc.

2. A super hacker called, "The Falcon", who NO ONE has ever mentioned until season 2. This show was originally based on Emily getting revenge against the Graysons for setting her father up as being a terrorist and against other members of Grayson Global that committed perjury to help convict her father. She also wanted revenge against the child psychologist, the prosecutor, etc. for their roles in ruining either her father's life or her life.

All of a sudden, in season 2, the Graysons aren't presented as the same evil monsters as they were presented to be in season 1. In fact the show minimizes what they've done by making the Graysons victims of the Initiative and by having the Falcon being the one who set David up instead of Conrad as originally told.

This Falcon person and his/her hacking prowess has been all of a sudden admired by Nolan since forever. Really show? It makes no sense.

3. Kara Clarke is no longer dead, but ALIVE! Not just alive, but she was in love with the WHM. Yeah, whatever.

4. Two words: Revenge camp. Takeda started out as a suave businessman who taught Emily how to be stealth in her takedowns of her enemies. Then they recast Takeda's part and now he's all mortal combat style and the viewers are supposed to believe that the Graysons actually have in the past and continue to do business with a bald ninja with a ponytail who exudes ZERO suaveness. The Graysons are all about appearances. This fell flat. And where is Takeda again, oh, yeah, another failed and dropped plot.

5. Victoria has a son older than Daniel. Seriously, what were these writers smoking? Once again, never mentioned in season 1. I think they make this stuff up as they go.

6. Ratings have tanked and viewers have been constantly complaining about all the ridiculous plots and the poor writing quality. Mike Kelley, who refuses to admit he screwed up, is claiming he will bring the focus back to the Graysons and Emily's revenge against them; reminding the viewers that Vic is so evil [Read: Trying to clean up the mess he made with the show].

So, what does Kelley do? He has Emily chuck her laptop off the pier and say that she lost her focus and all the evidence she had been collecting for years against the Graysons was a distraction. That was Kelley giving two middle fingers and a grand scale F U to the audience!

Kelley knew that viewers were upset that Emily had all she needed on that laptop and then some to destroy the Graysons in countless ways; and yet she never did anything of significance with the information to destroy them. So, Kelley has her chuck the laptop off the pier. He's trying to retcon her entire revenge journey by doing that. I'm beginning to think he hates the viewers. Oh, well. It will be canceled soon at the rate he's going. The ratings have been abysmal.

7. Too many other retcons to name. I'm tired. This show used to be so good. I need a hug.

This is completely right, and is what ends up ruining many decent shows that could have done well but then fell apart in the second or third seasons.

As for the argument that "if people don't like it, don't watch it," well, it's really no skin off my nose if I don't watch it, and I'm not going to any longer, because it has become a chore. However, if too many people don't like it and don't watch it, then the show goes away. So yeah, it's in a television writer's best interest to not put out crap and think the viewers are too stupid to catch on that it's crap.

The ratings have been bad this season and it's been consistently on the bubble. I give it one more season.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:25 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,669,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post

As for the argument that "if people don't like it, don't watch it," well, it's really no skin off my nose if I don't watch it, and I'm not going to any longer, because it has become a chore. However, if too many people don't like it and don't watch it, then the show goes away. So yeah, it's in a television writer's best interest to not put out crap and think the viewers are too stupid to catch on that it's crap.

The ratings have been bad this season and it's been consistently on the bubble. I give it one more season.
Famous last words "Well just don't watch it". You are so right, eventually it will be gone and nobody will be able to watch it.
Unless a person really cared about the show and enjoyed it before the stupidity, most wouldn't bother to even post their disappointment on a message board. So tired of watching shows that "use to be good" bite the dust.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 AM

884 posts, read 1,064,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaMermaid View Post
Episode 2x19 "Identity" airs Apr. 28.
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I didn't see that. Sounds interesting though! Did you find the captions helpful in piecing together things that may have been confusing previously? I've never seen a TV show do this, but it seems like a brilliant idea, especially for new viewers who want to jump in but feel like they don't know who any of the characters are!
I saw those captions again on last night's reruns....I do enjoy them especially when rewatching an episode. It tells you fun facts like where they are actually filming the scene, or where the outfits were purchased, or something crazy you would have never guessed about the show. For some reason, when I rewatch on ABC.com I dont get these captions (I don't think). Loved last night's rerun.....the oh so dreadful honeymoon episode that went deadly. I like reruns for fillers....reminds me of what I'm waiting to see when the show returns!!

I'm guessing Victoria's "secret" son will be a new character....however I'm secretly hoping he will be someone already on the show or has been on the show at some point. Can't wait!! Oh....and I wonder how that scene with Emily going to the nun will turn out. That was a real cliffhanger!!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:37 AM

So does anyone know the exact date that a new episode will air? I sort of lost track of weeks and how many weeks it's been since the last new episode. Or what website provides this information on when new episodes air? (couldn't find it on ABC.com)

Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,957,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
So does anyone know the exact date that a new episode will air? I sort of lost track of weeks and how many weeks it's been since the last new episode. Or what website provides this information on when new episodes air? (couldn't find it on ABC.com)
At the top of ABC Revenge page - All New Episodes return April 28th. Looking forward to it.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
At the top of ABC Revenge page - All New Episodes return April 28th. Looking forward to it.
Thanks! Looking forward to it as well! In the meantime, I'll take those reruns

Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,073,594 times
I never remember these long spring breaks on my favorite shows..

NCIS- reruns
Criminal Minds- reruns
Revenge- reruns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV