Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,223,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
It is torture because you have to wear it constantly or you are not eligible for the monthly drawing. You can only take it off while sleeping. Your other little box that sends them their information HAS to be in your bedroom.
I can't remember how much money was usually in the drawing each month but it was in the thousands and you had more than one chance to win.
Than you receive all of these phone calls from them where you are stuck on the phone answering the same questions over and over each month.
The corker was to wear the thing for most of the month then to find out that because you forgot to put it on a few days that your BIG $15.00 check went down to $11 and you weren't eligible for the drawing that month. One month the squirrels had chewed one of our lines outside and I wore the thing all month for nothing.
The little box even picks up radio stations playing in traffic as you are driving. It picks up everything, everywhere you go but it is against the rules to tell anybody what it is.
Anyway it was just annoying.
That is so funny about Roseanne! I would love to see that episode!
Whoa, you have to wear a box on your person? That would drive me crazy, and the phone calls, I get the torture part now. I thought it was just something that sat on the TV and kept track of what you watched, that's how it was on Roseanne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 04:17 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,668,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Whoa, you have to wear a box on your person? That would drive me crazy, and the phone calls, I get the torture part now. I thought it was just something that sat on the TV and kept track of what you watched, that's how it was on Roseanne.
Roseanne has been off for quite some time so maybe that's the way they use to do it but I finished 4 years ago, so started 6 years ago. They recently got in touch to ask if I will start again for a whopping $20 per month. For the extra $5 bucks they would probably expect me to sleep with the thing on.
Oh well, live and learn but I just can't help but wonder how much they pay the rich people to wear them. One of their once a month questions is "What is your annual income"??? I bet they get paid a lot more than $15.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 AM

665 posts, read 630,593 times
Revenge will air a special episode on April 11 to get viewers caught up. New episodes will return April 18.

Clip of Episode 1x17 "Doubt" (Airs April 18)

Old 03-25-2012, 08:58 PM

8,827 posts, read 21,352,261 times
I'm so annoyed by their long deliberate absence that I am not even sure if I will watch it. And, I was a big fan.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-29-2012, 02:49 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,733,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I'm so annoyed by their long deliberate absence that I am not even sure if I will watch it. And, I was a big fan.
I was thinking the SAME thing. I can't even remember what happened and I've kind of moved on. I think I'll watch, but I don't know if I care if I do anymore. And I was a huge huge fan also.

Whoever made this misbegotten decision at ABC should be fired.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM

8,761 posts, read 9,511,018 times
You know, I was about to agree, but then took a moment and some deep breaths to think about this whole break period. I'm not never have been, made no bones about my unhappiness about these breaks, as I do think it's a stupid move on the networks/producers or whomever is making these decisions, but, what they did do right is give me the answers to the main questions from the beginnings sequences of the start of the show within a reasonable amount of time. Aside from all the other drama involving Real Amanda, weren't those answers a big part of what we wanted to know when the show started? What and who was involved in the murder in that teaser and first episode was what I wanted answers to and I got them. There's a lot more to learn, but they gave a good deal by the time they went on this, ridiculous, break.

I still may decide the shows breaks are just too annoying for me to keep watching once it starts back up, but what this show did do was give answers to quite a few questions, that many shows, drag out, to either wait till the next fall season, till the show is about to go off the air or sometimes leaving it open to the viewers ticked off imagination. Maybe, I'll look at the rest of the show as just gravy, since I got my answer to who the body and killer were then I won't be so ticked off with what they serve up from here on.

MAYBE!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,223,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You know, I was about to agree, but then took a moment and some deep breaths to think about this whole break period. I'm not never have been, made no bones about my unhappiness about these breaks, as I do think it's a stupid move on the networks/producers or whomever is making these decisions, but, what they did do right is give me the answers to the main questions from the beginnings sequences of the start of the show within a reasonable amount of time. Aside from all the other drama involving Real Amanda, weren't those answers a big part of what we wanted to know when the show started? What and who was involved in the murder in that teaser and first episode was what I wanted answers to and I got them. There's a lot more to learn, but they gave a good deal by the time they went on this, ridiculous, break.

I still may decide the shows breaks are just too annoying for me to keep watching once it starts back up, but what this show did do was give answers to quite a few questions, that many shows, drag out, to either wait till the next fall season, till the show is about to go off the air or sometimes leaving it open to the viewers ticked off imagination. Maybe, I'll look at the rest of the show as just gravy, since I got my answer to who the body and killer were then I won't be so ticked off with what they serve up from here on.

MAYBE!
That's a good point. I don't have a problem with shows breaking a season in half with time in between. The issue I have with this show is all weeks off, and reruns constantly breaking up the flow, and then doing such a long break on top of that, if they had shown new episodes consistently for a good number of weeks I would not be upset by this long break.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:49 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,387,697 times
I agree Detschen. I would have been okay if they showed the first episodes in sequence then announced a break and reshowed them in sequence before starting with the new ones. I think they would have come out about the same moneywise (in terms of not having to pay for new shows) and maybe got new viewers interested during the second go round.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,064,763 times
WOW, I completely forgot about this show. That will happen when they don't air new episodes for months. The ABC execs. need a good kick in the a$$

Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,920,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I was thinking the SAME thing. I can't even remember what happened and I've kind of moved on. I think I'll watch, but I don't know if I care if I do anymore. And I was a huge huge fan also.

Whoever made this misbegotten decision at ABC should be fired.
ABC does this a lot! Two other shows that I loved were destroyed by because they'd resume showing episodes after a long break and nobody watched (that had a Nielson box anyway) so they'd just cancel it. I hate ABC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV