Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,734,000 times

Advertisements

Darn, I was hoping it would be Charlie who died. I liked the doctor.

I think Nate is about to change sides - he can't stand for anything bad to happen to Charlie. Loved seeing more of her brother but it was a stupid plot line to have him rescue his captor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,726,662 times
Does anyone remember that we have spoiler tags

Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,671,913 times
I haven't noticed a spoiler being posted.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,352,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
Last night's episode was ok, best part was when Miles told Charlie to shut up! There were two stupid scenes from the show:

1) Pack of dogs trapping a group of humans in a diner. Sure they were hungry dogs, but these were humans with weapons. I'd just crack the door slightly open for one dog to "try" and squeeze through, then stab them one by one. Very simple solution to being trapped by a group of dogs. Especially Miles who has a sword.

2) Too predictable that the kid would save that sergeant. Very dumb move, especially after that guy punched him in the face a few minutes earlier. It's just too predictable that that would happen. Shows always do that and it really takes the show down a peg.

I recall one show that did what normal people would have done. It was Avatar the Last Airbender and a scene where the Avatar was powering up slowly. Rather than stand around and watch the Avatar power up, someone shoots him in the back. That's how it should be! Shoot someone in the back! Not stand around and watch the guy power up and defeat you! Every show should be doing normal human things like that. Leave the guy to die! Not save your captor who just punched you in the face!
I know that they aren't friendly pet dogs, but I think stabbing them on screen would just not be shown. Maybe Miles comes in with his sword all bloody and says the dog problem is taken care of, but not on network tv.

And the kid.... I kind of knew he wasn't going to let him die. He didn't rush to do it, just thought first, so he's wised up some, but if you consider he grew up in this village as his world, and his sister protecting him, this is a leap. He is actually one of the really interesting charactrers, and I'm wondering when he hits the point where he really snaps, and he acts and can't go back. Maybe its wishful thinking, but his theme is the making of a soldier I think. The girl's to an extent is, but she was the protector, not the protected.

She would have finished him off so she didn't have to listen to him now.

I want to know why Miles is not with his ex buddies and they would love to have him back, thought he wouldn't. My suspicision is this has to do with the mother.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 PM

9,896 posts, read 22,105,806 times
It was sad to see the british doctor die so early in the season. Revolution is getting more & more intresting.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:35 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,145,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Maybe Miles comes in with his sword all bloody and says the dog problem is taken care of, but not on network tv.
It's funny you mention that, because i was thinking the same thing.

I'm probably spoiled from shows like Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire, etc, where AMC and HBO really have no limits to how far they can go with language, violence, and gore.

Kinda sucks as it might hurt the show some. Take that one big fight scene for example, that big sword choppin' scene in episode 2 or 3 when we first met the hero guy and he took out 15 milita guys by himself. The action itself was horrible, but I understand it has to be that way due to being on network television. LOL.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
It was sad to see the british doctor die so early in the season. Revolution is getting more & more intresting.
She's always seemed rather sad, and grieving, and the cell phone and what it represented was such a sad thing. Most people had lost someone or were stranded minus family, but most had gone on anyway, probably remarried when it looked like the others would never be seen again. She couldn't. She held that grief over her children so close it made her different, as if she was there but would never belong.

Miles, whatever he'd done or been, had adapted into the live or die world. The people who took up farming and became medieval villagers had as well. Their kids would know stories, but if you'd never seen a world lit by electricity, it would be pretty hard to thing of it as real. Some no doubt just crumbled fast and let themselves die. She's a compromise, living in this insulated place, dealing with the world, but when it comes right down to it, not.

The death scene, where she sees her children as if she is reuniting with them is touching. For her, perhaps, that is the greatest happiness, however it took since she couldn't adjust to the reality she knows that even if they were alive, she'd never see them.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
It's funny you mention that, because i was thinking the same thing.

I'm probably spoiled from shows like Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire, etc, where AMC and HBO really have no limits to how far they can go with language, violence, and gore.

Kinda sucks as it might hurt the show some. Take that one big fight scene for example, that big sword choppin' scene in episode 2 or 3 when we first met the hero guy and he took out 15 milita guys by himself. The action itself was horrible, but I understand it has to be that way due to being on network television. LOL.
I do love the sword fights. I used to watch *that* scene with the Dread Pirate Roberts and the master from Princess bride occasionally and skip most of the rest. They obviously have trained them in how to handle the swords in Revolution, which makes it convincing. Nor is it 'nice' fights, but more down to business, ie, they're on the ground and not you. Thats where the problem comes in of course, since they'd be pretty bloody in reality. I don't think any production had really ever done a swordfight with all the details, since after all one of the goals was to cut your opponent sufficently they collapsed from blood loss....

Old 10-14-2012, 01:12 AM

977 posts, read 1,114,150 times
I have been reading a series of books (Restoration Series) by Terri Blackwell which revolve around a similar scenerio (Super Nova explodes, some kind of Pulse/Pulsar causing all items with electromagnetic chips in them to be fried/inoperable/ unable to be repaired) and because I've found them interesting, I decided to check out this tv show. I am disappointed by it and probably won't watch anymore(got halfway thru 3rd episode). Much too violent for me!

I also noticed the very clean, non-ragged clothing, good skin, and especially good teeth. Wondered about that.

In the books, steam-powered locomotives,horse-drawn vehicles, and bicycles are used, besides pre-1970's cars/trucks. one interesting aspect is the government conscription of engineers, auto mechanics with knowledge to work on/rebuild older cars and scientists.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:35 PM

9,896 posts, read 22,105,806 times
Can anyone tell me what yr the power went out & what yr it is now ? Im guessing its at least 12 yrs since the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV