Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2016, 07:11 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,486,470 times

Advertisements

Hate to say but I've started looking more forward to Mikes storylines, lately, not that I've lost interest in Jimmy, he's still good TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 07:35 PM

7,044 posts, read 4,930,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
That was Crazy 8. Walt killed him early on in the first season. I think in his house.
OK, thanks! I knew I had seen him before. I think Crazy 8 was the one he killed in Jessie's house, when he was padlocked to a pole in the basement. The kid whose dad owned the furniture shop where Walt bought the baby furniture. In the Breaking Bad episode when Walt killed him, there's a shot at the end that lingers on the crib in the nursery that has the name of the furniture shop on it.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:54 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,645,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Hate to say but I've started looking more forward to Mikes storylines, lately, not that I've lost interest in Jimmy, he's still good TV.
I'm the same way. Mike's storylines is much more interesting at this time.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:24 PM

17,677 posts, read 15,392,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Chuck had a watch on when Jimmy found him on the couch
I caught this too, and dang near came running to my computer to post it so I wouldn't forget to.. I forgot anyway.. So, glad you remembered.

Here's the thing about that.. My thoughts, obviously.. Yes, I thought immediately that "Oh, it's a wind up mechanical watch, that explains it".. But, it doesn't. You think Jimmy is wearing a Casio? But, his watch goes in the mailbox, in fact, there was focus on him doing that right before that scene that showed the watch on Chuck.. What about Howard? he comes over, his watch is in the mailbox. Watches in all the bins when the collect cellphones.. Saying "It's a mechanical watch" just doesn't answer this for me.

I think that's either a clue or a goof. I'd say it's a clue, because I don't think Gilligan makes too many goofs.. At least not that big.

Oh.. And the vote was 2 to 1 against Jimmy, then Cliff just decides for the other two to keep him? I suppose you could say he was the swing vote, but.. That played out poorly

Mike getting his butt kicked. Ok.. I guess we have to apply 24's "Suspend Disbelief" rule here. Astounding that it would take the cops that long to show up and they would show up JUST in time. Mike can plan down to the second, eh?

Old 03-09-2016, 07:18 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,216,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Here's the thing about that.. My thoughts, obviously.. Yes, I thought immediately that "Oh, it's a wind up mechanical watch, that explains it".. But, it doesn't. You think Jimmy is wearing a Casio? But, his watch goes in the mailbox, in fact, there was focus on him doing that right before that scene that showed the watch on Chuck.. What about Howard? he comes over, his watch is in the mailbox. Watches in all the bins when the collect cellphones.. Saying "It's a mechanical watch" just doesn't answer this for me.

Mike getting his butt kicked. Ok.. I guess we have to apply 24's "Suspend Disbelief" rule here. Astounding that it would take the cops that long to show up and they would show up JUST in time. Mike can plan down to the second, eh?
Mike's plan had a lot of holes for sure, among other things it hinged on the police arriving at just the right moment, getting his order from the taco place quickly, no one else being in the parking lot or taco place, Tucco being able to escape at just the right time, and 8 ball allowing Mike to go to the parking lot and not beating him or shooting him in the Taco place. But it was clear to me Mike allowed 8 Ball to punch him.

As far as the watch... I don't see anything odd about Chuck wearing a watch, it is just an old mechanical watch. So what if Howard and Jimmy take off their mechanical watches, they are just being cautious.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:54 AM

36,727 posts, read 31,015,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I felt this way last season, too. I didn't even watch the whole season, only around 3 eps. For some reason though, this time around I am liking it much more.

I have to go re-watch last season just to see if I can get into it more than I did.
I wasnt all impress when I first watched the first season. I re-watched it and seemed to get a lot more out of it. I'm loving the show now.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:13 AM

5,652 posts, read 7,003,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Mike's plan had a lot of holes for sure, among other things it hinged on the police arriving at just the right moment, getting his order from the taco place quickly, no one else being in the parking lot or taco place, Tucco being able to escape at just the right time, and 8 ball allowing Mike to go to the parking lot and not beating him or shooting him in the Taco place. But it was clear to me Mike allowed 8 Ball to punch him.

As far as the watch... I don't see anything odd about Chuck wearing a watch, it is just an old mechanical watch. So what if Howard and Jimmy take off their mechanical watches, they are just being cautious.
Most watches use some sort of battery, even if not using a digital display. I had a nice Hamilton watch with a classic design but used a battery.

However, there are still 100% purely mechanical watches being made that need to be wound regularly.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:29 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,853,753 times
I'm wondering now if chuck got on the couch when he heard Jimmy at the door , or saw him pull up, he had plenty of time to do it and get covered up

Old 03-09-2016, 10:20 AM

9,827 posts, read 11,595,309 times
The interaction between Jimmy and Chuck was great acting
I was on, team Jimmy this whole season but after hearing Chucks Points, i am not so sure anymore. Chuck had jimmy dead to right.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:27 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,486,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post

I very much agree with you and others on Mike plot having many holes in it, I'm hoping they'll improve the writing in that area as Mike's part of the show moves forward, up to this episode I wasn't too bothered, but, that episode was lacking. It happens time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV