Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2016, 11:20 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,855,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yup. We have never seen Jimmy or Kim scam an innocent. It's why we like them. They are only getting people who deserve to get got.
Maybe the guy that kissed his wife goodby was on her way to see her boy friend and little did she know her husband knew it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 03:42 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,785,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Yes, there's really not much I find likable about scam artist no matter how they rationalize it, its a deplorable personal defect that has a way of hurting more than just the targeted as well. I don't say I haven't any sympathy for whatever inner demons motivate them, but, they are still exihibiting the characteristics of pond scum.

I agree. I didn't care for that scene. I much prefer it when he is out there defending his clients (even though they are criminals), or trying to nail the Sandpiper crooks.

The show paints Jimmy as having a good heart, despite being reckless and unconventional. That bar scene took away from that, I didn't like it.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:53 PM

2,997 posts, read 1,769,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I agree. I didn't care for that scene. I much prefer it when he is out there defending his clients (even though they are criminals), or trying to nail the Sandpiper crooks.

The show paints Jimmy as having a good heart, despite being reckless and unconventional. That bar scene took away from that, I didn't like it.
I don't disagree, but ultimately, they didn't cash the mark's check.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:11 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,650,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I am confused about last night's episode (Bali Hai). I don't understand why they tried to con the seemingly innocent engineer at the bar? Were they just being....err...criminals? The other guy was a swindler in a previous episode, but this guy seemed fairly innocent.
For giggles

Old 03-24-2016, 10:35 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,682,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
I actually couldn't look at Mikes beaten up face for too long , it looked so real .
Yes, but his ear has seemed to heal nicely.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:06 PM

17,719 posts, read 15,467,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
The check was only for $1,000, made out to a fictitious company name, and they will never cash the check. So to call it a scam is not fair, prank is a better term imo.
Hold on.. remember that in the "Better Call Saul" episode (I think) of Breaking Bad, Saul tells Badger to write him a check made out to "Ice Station Zebra Associates"

So.. Maybe that $10k becomes Saul Goodman's seed money?

Old 03-24-2016, 02:26 PM

2,997 posts, read 1,769,254 times
From wikia:

Ice Station Zebra Associates is the name of a holding company used by Saul Goodman for tax evasion. In the episode "Abiquiú", Skyler White decides to intervene in Saul and Walter White's money laundering plans in part because she was unimpressed when Saul presented her with a check from Ice Station Zebra Associates.
Ice Station Zebra Associates is also seen in small print in the television commercials for Saul's law firm.
"Ice Station Zebra" is itself a 1963 Cold War intrigue novel, adapted in 1968 as a better-known film starring Rock Hudson and Ernest Borgnine. The movie itself appears in "Amarillo", watched by Saul (James McGill at the time) and Kim Wexler .

Old 03-24-2016, 03:50 PM

8,759 posts, read 9,497,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Hold on.. remember that in the "Better Call Saul" episode (I think) of Breaking Bad, Saul tells Badger to write him a check made out to "Ice Station Zebra Associates"

So.. Maybe that $10k becomes Saul Goodman's seed money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
From wikia:

Ice Station Zebra Associates is the name of a holding company used by Saul Goodman for tax evasion. In the episode "Abiquiú", Skyler White decides to intervene in Saul and Walter White's money laundering plans in part because she was unimpressed when Saul presented her with a check from Ice Station Zebra Associates.
Ice Station Zebra Associates is also seen in small print in the television commercials for Saul's law firm.
"Ice Station Zebra" is itself a 1963 Cold War intrigue novel, adapted in 1968 as a better-known film starring Rock Hudson and Ernest Borgnine. The movie itself appears in "Amarillo", watched by Saul (James McGill at the time) and Kim Wexler .
Nice finds!

Old 03-28-2016, 09:23 PM

8,759 posts, read 9,497,091 times
Loved the balloon man colorful suits ties self sabotage sequence including the music. That was a fun watching experience.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:09 PM

17,719 posts, read 15,467,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Loved the balloon man colorful suits ties self sabotage sequence including the music. That was a fun watching experience.
That was great.. That's one of those moments like the cobbler squatter that break up the drama and have some comedy chops coming through.

We're getting alot of pieces here, I think. Jimmy is truly hurt, I think, by Kim rather going it alone than with him. Some nice backstory on Kim as well, though, did anyone else think she wasn't entirely truthful about her background in the interview? It was like she was making it up as she went along.. Very Jimmy-like.

I'm really getting the vibe that Salamanca's stroke might be of Mike's making. If i'm not mistaken, they didn't have a single scene together in Breaking Bad.

And, for Jimmy to be so caught up in that desk.. You'd think it would have been in Saul's office. Maybe it gets gifted to Kim at some point between now and then.

I have to say, for all the 'barely hanging on' that I did in S1.. I'm pretty hooked.. S2 has been a vast improvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV