Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2020, 07:46 PM

3,255 posts, read 2,342,420 times

Advertisements

Coltee on the beach was something I could have lived without seeing. Yuck. And Jess said it turns her on and makes her want to have sex all the time! She's lying. She wants a green card.

I understand why Coltee's mother might object to him marrying and having kids with someone who he has known for only 6 months and lives across the country. They've only seen each other 2 or 3 times! His mother knows what's happening. She knows what Jess really wants and it's not Coltee's sexy bod!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 07:47 PM

I feel sorry for Karine. She picked a real loser to father her child. Paul's never going to get a real job. He's still hoping mom will come through and rescue him. She probably will.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:39 PM

2,529 posts, read 2,783,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post

Also, Karine liking her one room house. She could maybe make an adult out of Paul.
You are a true optimist!

Old 07-31-2020, 07:18 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
While I agree that Pole has issues to the infinity degree, I too think back to the family home that Karine lived in and then remember the apartment they got there. It's not like she is used to luxury or even used to clean and new - let alone orderly.
yeah, some of those potential rentals were pretty bad, but the way she acted all horrified. The one they ended up with is a VAST improvement over the ones she lived in in her beloved Brasil.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:17 AM

96 posts, read 65,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
While I agree that Pole has issues to the infinity degree, I too think back to the family home that Karine lived in and then remember the apartment they got there. It's not like she is used to luxury or even used to clean and new - let alone orderly.
yeah, some of those potential rentals were pretty bad, but the way she acted all horrified. The one they ended up with is a VAST improvement over the ones she lived in in her beloved Brasil.

I'm hoping that Karine will adapt to the US- she seems so willing to try it all- good for her!

And I will-at this point- give Paul a kudos as he seems to at least be hearing Karine and what she wants to make her happy.

Has Paul gotten a job yet tho? He sure needs to grow up....

Old 08-04-2020, 05:02 AM

417 posts, read 456,058 times
Has Paul gotten a job yet tho? He sure needs to grow up..

Ha. I think for too many of these people, the TLC gravy train has been a huge help. I keep reading different things about who gets paid and such. I think the ones who are on for more than one season really do get lots of help. These people who would otherwise be living with mom and dad because they have no $ for rent or living, seem to be living a lot better thanks to TLC. I really have to wonder at their travel budgets. I wonder if TLC buys the tickets and makes the arrangements directly?
I still remember one blatant example with Varya when she came to see her beloved, between the cabs and hotels and such you know she could not have arranged that so easily. (let alone the flights).
I do remember with Rachel and John, at one point they were (well she was) debating about spending the money for flights to see him, and weighing saving more for the visa/attorney fees. Other than that instance I don't recall anyone else talking about having the money for flights. They just seem to go back and forth and the biggest issue is visas.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:18 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,644,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
Coltee on the beach was something I could have lived without seeing. Yuck. And Jess said it turns her on and makes her want to have sex all the time! She's lying. She wants a green card.

I understand why Coltee's mother might object to him marrying and having kids with someone who he has known for only 6 months and lives across the country. They've only seen each other 2 or 3 times! His mother knows what's happening. She knows what Jess really wants and it's not Coltee's sexy bod!
Jess seems...a bit off to me. Not playing with a full deck.

Colt is in his 30s and apparently has learned nothing from his past failed relationships. He is doomed to keep making the same mistakes.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:21 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,644,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
I feel sorry for Karine. She picked a real loser to father her child. Paul's never going to get a real job. He's still hoping mom will come through and rescue him. She probably will.
What I don't get is why he is now unemployable. In the past, he left Brazil for 6 months or so to return to the US so he could work and save up money, then returned. So... how did he get that job? Why can't he go back to it, or one like it? Makes no sense.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:17 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Totally agree about Karine. Their apartment in Brazil is pretty bad.

She's been in the US about a year now. I had posted when she 1st got here. Surely she likes it because I know she's still here and they're still threatening divorce. Paul regularly posts on social media about their fights then deletes them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
Has Paul gotten a job yet tho? He sure needs to grow up..

Ha. I think for too many of these people, the TLC gravy train has been a huge help. I keep reading different things about who gets paid and such. I think the ones who are on for more than one season really do get lots of help. These people who would otherwise be living with mom and dad because they have no $ for rent or living, seem to be living a lot better thanks to TLC. I really have to wonder at their travel budgets. I wonder if TLC buys the tickets and makes the arrangements directly?
I still remember one blatant example with Varya when she came to see her beloved, between the cabs and hotels and such you know she could not have arranged that so easily. (let alone the flights).
I do remember with Rachel and John, at one point they were (well she was) debating about spending the money for flights to see him, and weighing saving more for the visa/attorney fees. Other than that instance I don't recall anyone else talking about having the money for flights. They just seem to go back and forth and the biggest issue is visas.
A lot of them do 2 sites for fans where they get paid for doing shout outs or answering questions. One is only fans, can't recall the other.

John and Rachel had gone the go fund me route a few times

See my reply below about Paul. I think that's all for show drama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post

Colt is in his 30s and apparently has learned nothing from his past failed relationships. He is doomed to keep making the same mistakes.
Jess knew he was on the show, she knows exactly what she's doing with dating him, hoping to be on the show and get him to marry her. I'm glad his mother and Vanessa are watching over him. Let's hope she doesn't get pregnant on purpose because she seems like the type... He's obviously come to his sense because they're broken up

Quote:
What I don't get is why he is now unemployable. In the past, he left Brazil for 6 months or so to return to the US so he could work and save up money, then returned. So... how did he get that job? Why can't he go back to it, or one like it? Makes no sense.
IMO it's all for show for the show. Paul's been working for the family business when he comes back, he also worked on a local farm. With the show, I assume he doesn't need the job that bad because think about it, his mother paid for the hotel and stuff for his dogs. How did he get the dogs out of boarding? How did he buy or rent the tiny house? Show money. Add to it he's still paying for their place in Brazil.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:58 PM

Quote:

He may not be capable of learning from his past relationships. Socially, he's just not right. He's clueless and rather strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV