Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 10:45 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times

Advertisements

I think the teasers implying there's drama with JoJo's family, or Ben gets fed up with Teen Mom's screaming kids, are just that: teasers that will turn out to be nothing.

I have no idea why Ben would've taken Emily back to meet his parents. His parents must REALLY question his judgment at this point. The only "real" moment in the show was when Ben's Mom cried after Emily yakked non-stop about herself -- it was obvious she didn't care on iota about getting to know anything about Ben.

Does anyone remember why he was voted off on his Bachelorette season? I didn't watch it, but I know the story about his saying he felt "unlovable". I don't understand....he's tall, handsome, seems like a nice guy, good family, good job.....he seems like quite a catch to me....what did the Bachelorette not like about him? I honestly don't feel like any of these girls are really into him....they just want to *win* the competition. Still haven't seen any kissing skills, BTW....he's still just doing the little smooches....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 03:17 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,620,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
I agree. I thought her behaviour all along has been at about the 18 yr old stage. I was amazed that Ben held on to her for as long as he did; there were other more mature and attractive choices, in my opinion.

His choice that he take her home actually makes me begin to question his maturity and judgment. Perhaps HE is not settled enough to know what he really wants. What was he thinking?? Unless this is all scripted stuff.
Maybe he thought it was only fair to introduce Emily to his parents since he had already met her mom.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I actually felt a little bad for Emily. She was annoying, yes, but it's gotta be hard to hear someone you like tell you that they don't see you as wife material. Ouch.

Out of all the women left, I'd pick Jojo for Ben, but based on the previews for next week, it looks like maybe he doesn't get along with her family?
I agree; he did that with like no finesse at all. How about ' you are just too young, if we had met at a different time . . . . blah, blah, blah.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:09 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,580,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Third times the charm....
I think Becca would be a good choice.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:34 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,611,912 times
Actually, it's pretty valid to discuss the fact that The Bachelor is a racially biased show. Didn't the show win a court case about not having to have African American contestants on? I think so. I'd like to learn more about why the show won the court case, but I'm too lazy to look it up. But hey Calipoppy - the second season of the fictional show UnReal on Lifetime, which is about behind the scenes in a "Bachelor" like show, will address this subject head on. There will be an African American "bachelor" character and lots of discussion about the contestants and race. It will be on this summer, and I'm dying to see it. I loved season 1 -just binged it on Hulu.

Back to discussing this season of The Bachelor, though.

Does anyone else find this season to be the least romantic season ever? Ben is so cold when he eliminates the women, and there's not much heat on any of the dates.

Maybe the producers pulled back hard because the last Bachelorette was perceived by the public to be promiscuous during her season?

I dunno, but Ben bores the heck out of me, and for the first time when watching a season all the way through, I don't really care who he picks.

I'll keep watching to the end, though .

Old 02-19-2016, 12:50 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Actually, it's pretty valid to discuss the fact that The Bachelor is a racially biased show. Didn't the show win a court case about not having to have African American contestants on? I think so. I'd like to learn more about why the show won the court case, but I'm too lazy to look it up. But hey Calipoppy - the second season of the fictional show UnReal on Lifetime, which is about behind the scenes in a "Bachelor" like show, will address this subject head on. There will be an African American "bachelor" character and lots of discussion about the contestants and race. It will be on this summer, and I'm dying to see it. I loved season 1 -just binged it on Hulu.

Back to discussing this season of The Bachelor, though.

Does anyone else find this season to be the least romantic season ever? Ben is so cold when he eliminates the women, and there's not much heat on any of the dates.

Maybe the producers pulled back hard because the last Bachelorette was perceived by the public to be promiscuous during her season?

I dunno, but Ben bores the heck out of me, and for the first time when watching a season all the way through, I don't really care who he picks.

I'll keep watching to the end, though .
Yeah, it's certainly not steaming up the TV screen. I don't know if he doesn't know how to kiss, or is too shy to really get passionate with multiple girls right in a row (remember that bothered him in the beginning), or what. I don't feel like he's really into any of the girls, nor do I feel they're into him any more than in a competitive way. So who was the promiscuous Bachelorette? I probably didn't watch it.....I run hot and cold with this show.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:10 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,934,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
So who was the promiscuous Bachelorette? I probably didn't watch it.....I run hot and cold with this show.
Kaitlyn from last season. She slept with one of the guys in the middle of the season.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:32 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Since 2010, Juan Pablo, Brad Womack and Jake Pavelka were chosen from outside of the franchise....so half of the Bachelors are not selected from the Bachelorette runner-ups.
Do you even watch the show?

Jake was on Jillians season of the Bachelorette
Juan Pablo was on Desiree's season
Brad Womack had a previous season, so was still chosen from within.

You would have to go back to 2008 to find a Bachelor that wasn't from the franchise. The last 8 seasons, minus Brad Womack, have all pulled leads from Bachelorette cast offs. Its pretty easy to see that currently, a qualification to be the Bachelor lead is to be on the Bachelorette first.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:55 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I think the teasers implying there's drama with JoJo's family, or Ben gets fed up with Teen Mom's screaming kids, are just that: teasers that will turn out to be nothing.

I have no idea why Ben would've taken Emily back to meet his parents. His parents must REALLY question his judgment at this point. The only "real" moment in the show was when Ben's Mom cried after Emily yakked non-stop about herself -- it was obvious she didn't care on iota about getting to know anything about Ben.

Does anyone remember why he was voted off on his Bachelorette season? I didn't watch it, but I know the story about his saying he felt "unlovable". I don't understand....he's tall, handsome, seems like a nice guy, good family, good job.....he seems like quite a catch to me....what did the Bachelorette not like about him? I honestly don't feel like any of these girls are really into him....they just want to *win* the competition. Still haven't seen any kissing skills, BTW....he's still just doing the little smooches....
The Bachelorette found Ben too young and that is why she let him go.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:24 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Actually, it's pretty valid to discuss the fact that The Bachelor is a racially biased show. Didn't the show win a court case about not having to have African American contestants on? I think so. I'd like to learn more about why the show won the court case, but I'm too lazy to look it up.
It had to do that some black people went to court that the show was not having enough black people and they were voted off too fast.

The Bachelor and/or Bachelorette are making the decision who gets to be booted off so the producers are not involved although in some cases I was thinking if they try to influence to keep a nutcase on the show longer for the ratings.

After all they can influence the show by giving one a nicer date than someone else if that is helpful.

Overall the show is doing very well if you see how many got married and now have families and seem to do well.
So far I haven't heard of any divorces other than break ups but not a real divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV