Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 10:03 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Okay, last night perplexed me with the "Lauren B" comment. Was the girl (cannot remember her name) that said that making it up to get a rose? Or did I miss something completely that Lauren B did.

The scene with Olivia was just ridiculous. Like they would really make her stand by herself while Ben left and show her lonely on the island.
Leah made up the comment about Lauren B. She saw the connection and said she had to do what she needed to do to get his attention. She wanted to mess with his mind so he would have doubts about Lauren B's true intentions and it worked for alittle bit until he spent the private time with her and she continued to harp on it. I think he realized then that she was catty and insecure and she possibly made it up.

Good article about how they change wording on reality shows to tell the story they want to.

Beware the Frankenbite | ThePowerEdit.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 10:07 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
Quote:
Okay, last night perplexed me with the "Lauren B" comment. Was the girl (cannot remember her name) that said that making it up to get a rose? Or did I miss something completely that Lauren B did.

The scene with Olivia was just ridiculous. Like they would really make her stand by herself while Ben left and show her lonely on the island.
I didn't understand Leah's comment to Ben about Lauren B either. In fact, she told Ben that she didn't want to mention anyone by name & kept referring to Lauren B as "her" or "she." But it seemed as though Leah, saying Lauren B's name, was edited into the conversation even though we viewers never saw Leah saying Lauren B's name while talking to Ben.

And I agree, that scene were Olivia was standing alone in the distance while Ben approached Emily with the rose was indeed, ridiculous.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:47 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JX8P View Post
Agree, very fake, though she looked good coming out of that cake,
Not sure why she was so embarrassed.

I don't like that single mom with the annoying baby voice that sounds
like she's sucking on helium, I forget her name, can't stand her.
Her name is Amanda. She seems like a nice person, but her voice annoys me also. I can see why she reminded Olivia of Teen Mom.

Quote:

I'm not sure if Leah made up the stuff about Lauren B. because we obviously don't see everything that goes on- just what the producers want us to see.

And I agree about Olivia. It was really cold to leave her alone like that...especially in that weather.

Last edited by Beretta; 02-19-2016 at 07:50 PM..

Old 02-09-2016, 11:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm not sure if Leah made up the stuff about Lauren B. because we obviously don't see everything that goes on- just what the producers want us to see.

And I agree about Olivia. It was really cold to leave her alone like that...especially in that weather.
Cold? It was hilarious!!! Lol. Sorry but that whole thing was so obviously contrived. Eh, I can't keep harping on this fake show. It's so fake, so stupid, I'm just wasting my energy. Anyway, Olivia didn't seem that upset anyway, another indication that she was a plant. If I were Emily, I would've gleefully waved while they were leaving in the boat. Anyway, if the heavily edited "what happens next" is true, should be good. He actually says "I love you"? On air? Unheard of. And it looks like he pulls the ole switcheroo at the end, just like Jason Mesnick. Sweet!

Old 02-09-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Cold? It was hilarious!!! Lol. Sorry but that whole thing was so obviously contrived. Eh, I can't keep harping on this fake show. It's so fake, so stupid, I'm just wasting my energy. Anyway, Olivia didn't seem that upset anyway, another indication that she was a plant. If I were Emily, I would've gleefully waved while they were leaving in the boat. Anyway, if the heavily edited "what happens next" is true, should be good. He actually says "I love you"? On air? Unheard of. And it looks like he pulls the ole switcheroo at the end, just like Jason Mesnick. Sweet!
I felt bad for Olivia! I don't care for Emily, so I probably would have laughed if it had been her instead.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:49 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
The producers of the show need to stop outsmarting themselves by setting up fake conversations/situations like they did with Ben and Olivia. It would be better entertainment and more interesting if they allowed those on the show to be natural and not be asked to act out scenes as the producers want.

Have a feeling Ben was just calling someone in his family when they showed the preview of what happens at the end after he said goodbye to the last girl he let go. They made it appear he might change his mind but I doubt that's what happened - unless of course the producers got their mitts into that as well to create more fake drama.

Having the girls feed the swimming pigs looked a little dangerous, as some of them seemed aggressive (the pigs, not the girls). I'm sure the producers thought it would be funny, I just thought it was dumb.

Up your game Bachelor producers.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:51 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I felt bad for Olivia! I don't care for Emily, so I probably would have laughed if it had been her instead.
But Emily is in good shape, I'm sure Ben noticed that. Plus, he really hasn't had much of a change to get to know her as he has with some of the others. Going on the show with her sister set her back in my opinion. Wont be surprised if the twins end up on Bachelor in Paradise.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
But Emily is in good shape, I'm sure Ben noticed that. Plus, he really hasn't had much of a change to get to know her as he has with some of the others. Going on the show with her sister set her back in my opinion. Wont be surprised if the twins end up on Bachelor in Paradise.
I don't think there's much to know about Emily. She doesn't seem very smart and her occupation was listed as "Twin." She shows no personality except for complaining about Olivia and calling her twin up to cry about something. She is useless. I agree with Olivia that she and Emily seem years apart in age.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:16 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Thanks all. I thought Leah made it up, but you never know I could have missed something!!

Old 02-09-2016, 12:22 PM

350 posts, read 477,744 times
Wasn't feeding 'hot dogs' to the pigs a bit much?

How convenient that the camera man was sitting in Ben's room when Leah showed up! The whole deal with Leah seemed contrived.

Also, it was out of character for Ben to take along the rose so he could mislead Olivia into thinking she was chosen and then dump her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV