Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 08:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Me too. I was actually thinking that last night: "What's with the pecking kissing?" It's just....bizarre. Sorry, people don't kiss like that.
They do when they've only spent a few minutes with the person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 09:34 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
LOL! So creepy!
She did it again last night - that time her lower teeth were more exposed. Really bizarre.
Funny stuff... Bustle
http://www.bustle.com/articles/136429-6-times-olivia-caridis-mouth-on-the-bachelor-explained-your-feelings-perfectly
Hilarious!

Old 01-19-2016, 09:44 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I like that he's more interested in getting to know the women instead of slobbering all over them. Too easy to get caught up in making out, and wasting valuable time on people who aren't compatible, but hey, kissing.
I agree.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I must say, it seems like they're showing some more in-depth convos than the usual drivel. Ben seems to genuinely want to get the know the girls and not just make out. He's being very gentlemanly with his kissing so far, not going deep so to speak, which I think is nice.

But really, keeping you-know-who after that conversation about her cankles when he's just lost close friends in a plane crash??? Maybe there was some editing going on, but I cannot believe she would dive right into that without expressing her sympathy and trying to comfort him.

What's-her-name may be intriguing to him, but she's a real pain in the a** with her neediness and "layers". Yeah, no one gets you...because you're weird.

I think Caila is adorbs. She's always smiling and positive, and not participating in the cattiness. The girl he went on the bi-plane ride with is cute and bubbly, but seems to have no depth. When he asked her what is the type of stuff she likes, what the heck was the answer about her father's lawn??? But yeah, I get that pickiness thing and having a Daddy complex, and that can be a real problem.
I think that Ben is very intrigued by Jubilee because she is very different from the other girls (and I don't simply mean because of race). She has gone through a LOT of tragedy in her life. Losing her ENTIRE family and enduring the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti is something that none of us could possibly fathom. So I think that she has a right to not be like the phony, rah-rah, catty sorority girls in the house. She is "real" and I'm sure Ben finds that refreshing.

Also, I understand exactly how she feels being the only (brown/dark skinned) black woman in that type of environment. Last night's show brought back MANY memories of the cattiness that I personally experienced from Caucasian women in college (and beyond) whenever I received any attention over them from Caucasian men. Sadly, the claws REALLY come out. So I felt for her. But I don't think that she will be his final choice in this contest. Of the show they may have had a chance because they had a fairly good chemistry.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:44 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that Ben is very intrigued by Jubilee because she is very different from the other girls (and I don't simply mean because of race). She has gone through a LOT of tragedy in her life. Losing her ENTIRE family and enduring the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti is something that none of us could possibly fathom. So I think that she has a right to not be like the phony, rah-rah, catty sorority girls in the house. She is "real" and I'm sure Ben finds that refreshing.

Also, I understand exactly how she feels being the only (brown/dark skinned) black woman in that type of environment. Last night's show brought back MANY memories of the cattiness that I personally experienced from Caucasian women in college (and beyond) whenever I received any attention over them from Caucasian men. Sadly, the claws REALLY come out. So I felt for her. But I don't think that she will be his final choice in this contest. Of the show they may have had a chance because they had a fairly good chemistry.
The venom directed to Jubilee was awful, but it mostly came from Amber- who is not Caucasian. I still want to jump through the screen and slap her for how she behaved and the show aired two nights ago! I hope she gets sent home next.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:23 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The venom directed to Jubilee was awful, but it mostly came from Amber- who is not Caucasian. I still want to jump through the screen and slap her for how she behaved and the show aired two nights ago! I hope she gets sent home next.
Agreed. It was crazy she still was trying to attack (albeit nicely) Jubilee while Ben was comforting her!!

Last edited by veuvegirl; 01-20-2016 at 07:34 AM..

Old 01-20-2016, 02:52 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Poor Olivia with her gigantic mouth, teeth, cankles and ugly toes.

She's going to have to spend years in counselling after participating in this show!

BTW, I'm dying to see a picture of her toes now.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:21 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Quote:
Wasn't that Amber who did get sent home? I thought she was the girl who confronted Jubilee in an ill-advised attempt to show Ben what a drama queen Jubilee is. Totally backfired on her.

Going back to the kissing, I'm OK with the superficial lip-smacking for now....I really do not like when they go all in right away. I think he feels self-conscious about kissing them right off the bat without even knowing them, and kissing one right after the other. To me, that is a refreshing change from Juan Pablo, who sucked face immediately with everyone. But on the other hand, I will start to wonder about his skills if he keeps that up for too long.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:45 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,704,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Wasn't that Amber who did get sent home? I thought she was the girl who confronted Jubilee in an ill-advised attempt to show Ben what a drama queen Jubilee is. Totally backfired on her.

no, Shushanna and Jami got sent home and Lace left on her own so it is down to 14. I believe you are thinking of Jami (below) who does look a bit like Amber and they are both bartenders. And yes, Amber is the one that was trying to talk to Jubilee like she actually cared and it obviously didn't backfire on her cuz she is still there

http://media3.popsugar-assets.com/fi...rge/i/Jami.jpg

Old 01-21-2016, 03:25 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Amber...That's the one I referenced, I could not remember her name in an earlier post.
I agree..it was ridiculous...do you think it was because she is mixed...trying to not align herself with the black girl.
I am curious what Ben does...I think Amber is outta there next...and if she hadn't already gotten her date rose...she would have been eliminated that night. imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV