Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 09:36 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Arie was on Emily's season. A lot of fans of the show think he's a good kisser based on his time on the show.

Skip to 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnPtO1fHc6M
Thank you so much for posting that snippet! I definitely remember that moment on the show.....soooo romantic, so tender, so sexy... I don't know why they did not pick him as the next Bach.

I didn't watch most of Sean's season because I thought he was such a dud, but didn't Arie make a guest appearance as his kissing coach? Sean was a horrible kisser. I'm so surprised he got married and that it apparently is working out. Maybe Arie's lessons worked.

P.S. Of all the seasons I've watched, the absolute WORST kisser was the brunette opera singer, I forget her name.....beautiful but stiff as a board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 03:18 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,577,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
I watched that show on lifetime this summer called "Unreal". It's basically a look at reality shows behind the scenes especially shows like the Bachelor. I keep thinking Lace and Mandy are there for the drama. That's why they both received roses.

I decided to watch last night because Ben grew up in IN not far from where I did. He does seem like he has his head on straight especially when Lace wanted another kiss. She was insulted but I thought good for him.
Unreal was the Bachelor, basically. It showed how phony the show is, and how scripted it is by the producers. The girls and the Bachelor all know the role they're supposed to play ahead of time. Lace knew she'd be the crazy, and Mandi knew she'd be the weird one. They are assigned "roles" and know what their edit will be. They are encouraged to play up their roles. Most of those girls don't last for more than two or three episodes.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:35 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,988,717 times
The producers have the 'contestants' do silly stuff. My guess is most of them would rather just introduce themselves naturally, rather than pulling stunts.

And I've noticed there's always at least one person who drinks too much and acts foolish. Sometimes it's obvious the person was a plant to act that way, like the guy on the last Bachelorette who acted drunk before he even had time to drink much. Slipping while getting out of the pool, just like someone did the previous Bachelorette. And making fun of the guy who drove up in a 'car-pool'. I can do without staged antics like that.

One of my favorites of the night was Laura, Red Velvet. Wont say any more at this point in case others haven't watched yet.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:09 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Unreal was the Bachelor, basically. It showed how phony the show is, and how scripted it is by the producers. The girls and the Bachelor all know the role they're supposed to play ahead of time. Lace knew she'd be the crazy, and Mandi knew she'd be the weird one. They are assigned "roles" and know what their edit will be. They are encouraged to play up their roles. Most of those girls don't last for more than two or three episodes.

All the contestants are hired by a casting company. they are each given their roles/characters before hand and they all know who will be going home when. These shows are all scripted and the producers know the outcome before it ends.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:02 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,266,014 times
The object isn't to find the perfect mate for Ben. The object is to put on a show that people will watch. To do that they need characters. It seems hard to believe, though, that Ben (or and Bachelor/Bachelorette) can maintain the pretense that this process is actually a good way to find a mate.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I can't believe some of those stunts those chicks pull when they first meet him. Personally for me, that'd be it, they'd be outta there. Hiking the football....gone. Talking over me when I keep asking what your name is....gone. Telling me that your nickname is red velvet....gone. There are seemingly small things to some people that really get on my nerves or I find beyond creepy that would cause me to get rid of many of those chicks. I'm so over the desperate attempts to make an impression.

Ok but the lady with the big rose on her head - that one was clever I thought. Unfortuately I think she turned out to be the weird dentist but I thought the rose was funny. The unicorn? Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They need to chuck the gimmicks like twins (really) and rejects from past seasons. Just stick with locking 28 women in that house for two months--that's drama enough.
He shoulda just kept ONE of those twins, am I right? Why would you need two of the very same thing.
modcut

Last edited by Beretta; 01-06-2016 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: got it, another poster reported it

Old 01-06-2016, 06:01 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
Please use Spoiler Tags when divulging things read on the internet or when sharing things that have aired on the east coast prior to the west coast viewing them. Thank you!

Old 01-06-2016, 09:35 PM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
First impressions..Hmmm, yeah. Weirdo dentist girl's more than a bit too close for comfort, and she looked 48, instead of "28"! Does Olivia have a botched nose job..? The preview/commercial has me dyin to see that chic (whomever it was lol) get a black eye from Psycho Lace! Bring on the drama. . .

Old 01-12-2016, 12:17 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
First impressions..Hmmm, yeah. Weirdo dentist girl's more than a bit too close for comfort, and she looked 48, instead of "28"! Does Olivia have a botched nose job..? The preview/commercial has me dyin to see that chic (whomever it was lol) get a black eye from Psycho Lace! Bring on the drama. . .
Yeah, I thought the same thing myself.....something about that nose is weird and not natural at all. I'm surprised to see no one has commented on tonight's show yet....should be over by now on the West Coast.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:06 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
I think it is loosing it's appeal to many!! It is the same comments all the time. "I never thought I would fall this quickly". "I can see my wife in this room". You have the crazy girl, the hated girl, etc!!!

I didn't even know who the girl was that he didn't select last night!! Lace is so insecure she should not be on the show. I wonder from Ben's perspective how she seems. The shows are so highly edited to make her look crazy. Just what she was saying to him she seemed tipsy and desperate!!

Olivia is slowly starting to show her colors......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV