Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 10:30 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,020,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Best scene of the night for me was watching JoJo's Mother standing in the kitchen grabbing a bottle of wine and drinking it straight out of the bottle! Her brothers were harping on Ben and she was clearly uncomfortable. I felt like grabbing a bottle and drinking it right along with her!
Yes! I caught that, too! I did a double take in my mind, thinking "did that actually just happen?" Seriously, who would do that when they know they're being filmed for national television?

I think JoJo is going to be the next to go.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like if I were on the show I'd probably keep one or two people around that I wasn't super into just so if there was ever a week where I just could not make a decision otherwise I would know who I should cut. I feel like that's what Ben did with Emily and what he might be doing with JoJo as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 01:43 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,688,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Yes! I caught that, too! I did a double take in my mind, thinking "did that actually just happen?" Seriously, who would do that when they know they're being filmed for national television?

I think JoJo is going to be the next to go.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like if I were on the show I'd probably keep one or two people around that I wasn't super into just so if there was ever a week where I just could not make a decision otherwise I would know who I should cut. I feel like that's what Ben did with Emily and what he might be doing with JoJo as well.
You'd keep someone around who you weren't into over someone who you liked more just so you'd have an easy choice to eliminate? lol I'm not quite sure how that strategy would work.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:16 PM

3,339 posts, read 6,020,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You'd keep someone around who you weren't into over someone who you liked more just so you'd have an easy choice to eliminate? lol I'm not quite sure how that strategy would work.
I don't know, I don't expect to ever be in that situation. It just seems like often the people he keeps make no sense given what you actually see during the show. It seems like Ben is keeping people around that he has no chemistry with, just so he has an easier decision who to cut later. But, then again, as has been pointed out in this thread, there doesn't seem to be a lot of physical chemistry between Ben and anyone.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:37 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,915,828 times
Ben already went through a relationship with a girl and an ex coming back so to me it didn't make sense that he kept her there.

I think out of respect for Amanda he let her go so she could be with her 2 lovely girls. Just my 2 cents for what they are worth..

Old 02-23-2016, 04:50 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,688,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
I don't know, I don't expect to ever be in that situation. It just seems like often the people he keeps make no sense given what you actually see during the show. It seems like Ben is keeping people around that he has no chemistry with, just so he has an easier decision who to cut later. But, then again, as has been pointed out in this thread, there doesn't seem to be a lot of physical chemistry between Ben and anyone.
He can only get rid of so many women per episode so he has to keep some of the ones he's not that into. I think now that we're at the top three, he genuinely likes all of these women (and supposedly loves at least two of them!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Ben already went through a relationship with a girl and an ex coming back so to me it didn't make sense that he kept her there.

I think out of respect for Amanda he let her go so she could be with her 2 lovely girls. Just my 2 cents for what they are worth..
It wouldn't have made sense to keep Amanda instead of JoJo when he definitely isn't going to pick her in the end, so why lead her on further and go to the fantasy suite? I don't think it's wrong that he wanted to meet her kids, but I couldn't see him going beyond that point unless he was sure that she was the one. If you're saying he should've eliminated Amanda AND JoJo...I'm sure the producers wouldn't have liked that. They have to drag this thing out and keep people watching whether or not Ben has already made up his mind.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:31 PM

670 posts, read 1,178,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Best scene of the night for me was watching JoJo's Mother standing in the kitchen grabbing a bottle of wine and drinking it straight out of the bottle! Her brothers were harping on Ben and she was clearly uncomfortable. I felt like grabbing a bottle and drinking it right along with her!

in case anyone missed it... JoJo's Mom May Have Won The Bachelor Last Night, but Her Brother's Old Ready For Love Appearance Is Winning Today | E! Online

Old 02-24-2016, 09:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,616,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I don't think that's why he got rid of her. He simply didn't want to get into a relationship with a woman who has kids. I don't blame him in the least. This is just me, but I would NEVER get into something with someone who has two kids & I was only 26 years old. No way. That's just baggage.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:28 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,678,434 times
Lucky guy getting some action next week.

Or got some action..

Old 02-24-2016, 12:51 PM

2,944 posts, read 2,015,616 times
Anyone else sense there were some shenanigans being pulled by the producers again??? I haven't watched every season, but of those I have I don't recall the Bachelor meeting a girl for a hometown by stopping by her place, it's always been out in public somewhere. JoJo had a cameraman following her conveniently when she 'discovered' roses at her door with a note from her ex-boyfriend. She didn't realize it was her boyfriend's handwriting until she had already read part of it, then got upset which seemed fake, even fake crying. Then Ben stops by and acts like he's jealous while listening to JoJo explain what happened.

Then while at JoJo's house her brothers pull something not too dissimilar to what another girl's brother pulled a few seasons ago by saying Ben was brainwashing the girls. Then Ben walks in and says loudly, "What's all this noise about?". Yeah right. Even the mother drinking from the bottle may have been a put on. Fake, fake, fake. Hate that stuff.

On a positive note, Caila is becoming more appealing to me. She seemed more at ease or more natural in her home town. Ben has a good reason to be nervous about picking her though, since she's far from a sure thing as far as marrying him if they get engaged. She may just not be ready yet, or maybe he's not the one. She got excited and wanted to tell him how she felt, but in the long run I wouldn't be surprised if she dumps him at some point if he picks her. She has beautiful hair though. Maybe she'll end up as a model in a shampoo commercial. Anything's possible. It's America afterall.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:00 PM

1,907 posts, read 2,279,357 times
The term "Reality" doesn't seem to apply to this show too well. But it's still interesting following the story, even if it is contrived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV