Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 04:02 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,504,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
I used to watch the show in the beginning, haven't for a long time. If I heard right they have something like $10 Million dollars so I guess they may be able to afford raising the children even if they quit the show, but of course you can't keep living the millionaire life on that paltry amount. IMHO............

There must be 35 or more episodes to go and fingers crossed that they will feel that is enough.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,204,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Do you have kids? (Not trying to start a debate just asking) I do and I know if I get a drink in front of them and they are already saying they are thirsty then they want a drink to. I fully understand the logistics of trying to get a drink for all of them but it just rubbed people the wrong way that she got one in front of them, could she not have stepped just outside and got her drink? Obviously there was someone else in the room since it was caught on camera that could have kept a quick eye on the kids while she stepped out.
yes, I have kids. I think the real problem is that the kids are expected to sit still and behave for the cameras, and that a simple request like some water can't be fulfilled. I mean, the problem is not the action of her not giving them water. It is the fact that they are even in a situation (TV interview) that made it difficult to do.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:05 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,204,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
I think my next line answers your question. Who's fault it is, no longer matters.
Yes he went along to get along and he's responsible for the decisions made too, but it won't change the fact, that in the end, he doesn't give a rat's arse, and nothing will make him care. I'm sure she didn't know he was an immature a-hole when she married him. It's all peaches and cream in the beginning and everything is so new and fun.

She is the one that will make the final decision of what she wants for herself and her children's future. She can try and patch it up and drag him along, which won't work, or take the unknown road and forge ahead on her own
Yes. I agree that some of her bossy take charge attitude is because SOMEONE has to. If not Jon, then she'll do it.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,175,770 times
Default wow-how sad and telling

Jon Gosselin Spends Anniversary Weekend Away from Home - Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin : People.com

Old 06-16-2009, 11:34 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,520,680 times
Jon sure looks tired in that picture. That girlfriend must be wearing him out! I'm glad he's finally getting his own life back.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:38 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Re the water video:

OK, yes, it is not ok to deprive your children on water. However, think about it... If she gives a drink to one, all 8 will want a drink. Think about the logistics of getting 8 kids drinks. There would be fighting for the first cup, spilling, etc. all when the cameras will be rolling at any moment. I don't blame her for not getting them ALL drinks right at that moment. She was the one that was going to be doing the talking, and she felt like she needed a drink. I think too much is being made of this.
I agree with you regarding that it I know that if she gave one a drink they would all want one, and then they would cry etc. But what burns my lunch is that she sat there and drank right in front of her child, put it down, then picked it up as if she was going to give it to the child, and then put it back down saying that they were going to go on air. It was cruel of her to take a sip of water right in front of a crying and begging child. She's the adult, she could have waited a few minutes to take a sip of water herself. Also, she knows that Mady is a difficult child ( to say the least ) and that Mady would probably act out during the interview if she was unhappy. It just seems to me that she should think about these things before she drags her children on to a set to be interviewed.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:55 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,384 times
Quote:
I have not watched that many episodes of this show and it was mainly because Jon reminded me so much of my ex, who is someone not capable of putting others welfare before his own.
But we don't know that this was the situation. The guy worked a full time job at first, and at least tried to help out with the kids when he came home. Then he quit his job because she kept telling him to, he didn't want to !! HE didn't want to be a stay at home father. We don't know if he was being a lazy husband and father, or whether she was just nagging him so much all the time that he started to withdraw.

Quote:
He seems like an ok, average guy, just not ambitious, but it is so much worse that that. The wife and mother can come across as a shrew, because she has to plan and coordinate everything, and I mean everything, even when it's time to have children. After a while, one can see the passive aggressive nature of Jon and I could sense the panic in Kate.
I saw that they were both pretty animated the first two or three seasons, then she started nagging him, talking to him as if he was a child, and corrected his grammar constantly on camera. If I had a spouse that treated me like that, they would have hell to pay. When he spoke up to her at first she escilated the situation even more, and embarrassed herself as well as Jon. There were times I was wondering how old Kate was when she was arguing with him and rolling her eyes if he said something she didn't like.

Quote:
When you marry, especially if you are very young, you have naive dreams and think your partner feels the same way. You grow and evolve, they don't. It can be a real kick in the head when, down the road, it finally dawns on you that this guy is really not that into you, kids, family, responsibility, and the fact is that he is nothing more than a big, empty, selfish a-hole.
I agree that Jon is slacking here. I have noticed that he keeps using the excuse " I was only 27 when the sextuplets were born". Um... Jon, if you didn't want the responsibility of more children then WHY did you agree to have another one ? Furthermore, if you knew that fertility treatments are notorious for causing multiple births, and you already had twins, you should have thought about that before you agreed to this. I have said it before, I think that Jon is regressing backwards in his maturity. Regardless of how badly she treats him, he should buck up and remember that he has 8 children looking to him to be their father.

Quote:
The whole thing is a bad situation, but Kate would be better off without him In the end, she can't make him care. He may even try, out of guilt, but it won't work
I agree that Jon is slacking, but try to think about it from another perspective. If you were verbally abused and embarrassed on television, and God knows how much else she did that in private, how would that make you feel ? I don't blame him for shutting down on Kate. I do blame him for not putting his children first, but neither does Kate. She is gone constantly, and puts her children's privacy and safety at risk all because she wants the money. I don't see her as a victim here at all. She made the choices. It's the children who are suffering. With all the media attention and people driving by their home etc, she whines and complains about it. If she was that worried about her children's well being, she should get a lawyer and get out of any contract she has regarding doing another season, let it all die down, and do an occasional special every few years to show how they have grown etc. The show used to be about the children. The past two seasons have been more about freebies and Kate becoming a celebrity with her book signings and speeches at churches etc.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:17 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,520,680 times
I don't know if it's the editting...but the kids, so far, seem immune to the destruction of the marriage. Maybe all the cameramen and production crew are really parental figures to that army of kids?

Old 06-17-2009, 06:54 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,286,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I don't know if it's the editting...but the kids, so far, seem immune to the destruction of the marriage. Maybe all the cameramen and production crew are really parental figures to that army of kids?
I think the only instance where I saw that they were affected was at their bday party when I think it was Alexis told her Dad she wanted to see him more.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 AM

90 posts, read 177,157 times
OMG...last night on Entertainment Tonight they showed a photo of Kate hitting Leah. Apparently, Kate was busy on her cell phone and Leah was blowing a whistle. She told Leah to stop and when she didn't she hit Leah and a few neighbors and passerbys saw this happen. Kate then called the police and said she had too many people around her property and asked for them to be removed. Caught again doing the unthinkable (hitting her child) and she calls the cops on the public. The cops should have arrested her. Kate is losing it. She needs serious psychological help and have her removed from the air. I can't believe a child blowing a whistle is a major problem for Kate. I guess talking on the phone and not taking care of her children is much more important. PATHETIC. She continues like this and her kids will be removed from her and if they are, it is from her own doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.