Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,962,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY_DI View Post
people get a life and leave them alone
Lady_Di, practice what you preach. People have the right to discuss this subject. If you don't like this thread then stop coming here to read it. Furthermore, if Jon and Kate didn't want public scrutiny, they shouldn't have agreed to do a reality television show.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:03 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,962,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it just goes to show that when people appreciate the simpler things in life their lives run a lot smoother. they may be better off financially than when they started this show, but they hurt the concept of "family" in the process.

Amen. This is what many folks here and on a lot of other sites have been saying.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:09 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,305,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I missed that, but I saw a preview of it last week where the father on American Chopper put his arm around Jon it seems to console him or something, and Jon was just standing there with a stoic look on his face.

What sort of comments did Jon and Kate make about each other ? That should be interesting.
When Jon went to OCC's showroom there was the Black Widow bike and he made the comment that it was Kate's bike, she jumped on his case in regards to the dogs, they were eating outside and the dogs came up and she told him to put them in their crates since that is where dogs belong and told him if he didn't do it he was in trouble. Jon made the comment that he and Mikey should trade places since everyone said Mikey didn't do anything and Jon said "apparently neither do I." It was just an evening of remarks made in regards to each other. Maybe they were just trying to fit in with the American Chopper show since Paul Sr talks like Kate to everyone. Like I said it will be interesting to see how different it is on J & K on Monday sinced they are a family oriented show and American Chopper not so much.

Last edited by ajzjmsmom; 06-12-2009 at 10:42 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 01:37 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,918,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
When Jon went to OCC's showroom there was the Black Widow bike and he made the comment that it was Kate's bike, she jumped on his case in regards to the dogs, they were eating outside and the dogs came up and she told him to put them in their crates since that is where dogs belong and told him if he didn't do it he was in trouble. Jon made the comment that he and Mikey should trade places since everyone said Mikey didn't do anything and Jon said "apparently neither do I." It was just an evening of remarks made in regards to each other. Maybe they were just trying to fit in with the American Chopper show since Paul Sr talks like Kate to everyone. Like I said it will be interesting to see how different it is on J & K on Monday sinced they are a family oriented show and American Chopper not so much.
I just can't get over how they're intermixing all these other shows from separate channels into Jon & Kate. Astounding. As if the visitors from another show are the "referees" keeping Jon & Kate apart...and in front of the TV cameras. Running interference...

Old 06-12-2009, 05:46 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,924,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY_DI View Post
people get a life and leave them alone
I think they gave up the priviledge of being left alone when they signed up for a reality show. Once you are a public figure (and making good money off of it) you have no business complaining about how you are perceived or to demand to be left alone. My two cents anyway.

Frankly, I don't watch the show any longer. I couldn't take the way Kate treated Jon, the man she supposedly loves(ed). I wouldn't be as rude to people I cannot stand let alone my husband.

No disrespect, but if these posts aren't to your liking, don't read them. It may just frustrate you.

Jill

Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 PM

1,667 posts, read 4,721,125 times
What is with Kate's hairstyle? Looks like a turkey is on the back of her head! :-)

Old 06-12-2009, 09:35 PM

2,882 posts, read 5,909,522 times
For some strange reason, I like seeing this show because it shows a "normal" life in pennsylvania....big contrast to how people live where I am (southern california).

Was watching part of the Emeril Lagasse episode the other night, where he comes over and cooks for the whole family.

-What strikes me, they live in this big house. Dinner together as a family.

Such a contrast with the rush/rush mentality of california. People in the east have a slower paced life, its a whole different lifestyle.

And the lack of traffic.

The episode after that was Jon going to a korean market to cook his families traditional korean meal. Here, he'd have to plan going to the market based on the traffic, you cant just go at 5 and come back by 6 for dinner.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,204,055 times
isn't today Jon and Kate's 10th anniversary?

Old 06-13-2009, 08:09 AM

23,939 posts, read 33,814,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
no--but i've met a lot of kates in the families i've worked with--so i CAN empathize with her----when all is said and done--she WILL be the primary support system for those kids---while j is out "finding himself' in the local bars with bimbos(like his current special friend
Can't rep you again yet... If I could I would.

I liked the OCC episode with Mikey spending time with Kate.
He made a few comments about what she has on her plate; things we don't see I'm sure but he did those days.

There's a new article in one of last weeks mags where 2 or 3 of Jon's friends confirmed he cheated on Kate. Having said that, it also said that Jon told them that he said Kate left Jon and they were unofficially separated.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:33 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,660,920 times
Does it come down to who was pushed and who jumped? I'm guessing there were serious problems in their relationship that have led to this. I don't think there's one hero and one villain here. It's more complicated than that. The question now is, will they get it back together or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV