Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times

Advertisements

Does anyone watch this? I really enjoy the show and it makes me thankful that I just have one toddler! I can't believe how rude she is to Jon though. I'm sure a lot of it is just lack of sleep and being overworked, but I would be so embarrassed to watch myself behave that way.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:01 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,663 times
I don't watch the show regularly but I have caught it a few times. I think Jon acts very childish and disrespectful and Kate is extremely b*tchy. I would be embarrased too. I'm surprised they don't see it.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:19 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
I watch the show. The kids are darling, but I cannot imagine having that many little ones at once. I agree Kate can be very rude to Jon.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:32 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Love to catch the show.. the kids are so cute.

Who knows what goes on in RL? We have to remember that it's reality TV and I doubt Jon & Kate have a say in what they show. Of course they're going to show some of those times when people are cranky.. it's what makes reality TV.

I like both Jon & Kate.. It's RL getting 8 kids ready. Sure Kate has her vision on how the kids should dress to go out while Jon is a guy, as long as they have clothes on. I think they both do a good job, even when they get cranky. I can't even begin to imagine what the house sounds like every day with that many kids running around & getting cranky. While Kate has some help now, I wonder how often she really gets out. Being a SAHM is hard.. and to have that many kids running around all day; she must be a saint.

I used to be some what like Kate with the cleaning when my kids were small. My daughter touched everything, but I wasn't as anal with hand sanitizer, didn't have that back then. I wonder that if once they get older she'll chill out on the dust.

Jon's been pretty funny lately with his work outs. Funny, it's like he's watching the show and wondering how many women are checking him out. Thought it was funny when they went clothes shopping, he picks Kate's clothes out. It's something I never knew, and when you think about it, if Jon picks Kate's clothes, how come we see them disagreeing on what the kids wear? lol Usually I do agree with Kate as I'm all for doing things the way that make sense like when they went to her sisters house to take pics, Jon put the clothes in some weird spot instead of just walking them to where they'd use them.

I don't think I could allow TV cameras to follow me around like that, I give them credit. I don't doubt they need the money, what ever they do make. Look at how the Rolloff's have changed since the show beginning. They take vacations all of the time and look like they live pretty good now.

I can't help but wonder how long Jon & Kate will stay together when I hear the show intro but hope they stay together unlike some parents of multiples.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 27,372 times
love the show you people are to critical it's called a reality tv show they are not going to show you everything good, that would be boring. Whoever actually wrote about what city and the exact school the girls go to is an idiot. Don't you know how many weirdos there are in this world????? You don't expose small children to potential problems.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 AM

He put the clothes in an upstairs bedroom, which seems logical to me. I completely agree that the show picks what to air, but her belittling him happens often enough to show it in every episode. During the Christmas shopping with all the kids, she was like "Stay there" and then "Why are you still standing there." Um, you told him to stay. LOL She expects him to know what she's thinking and she treats him like one of the kids when he doesn't.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecoleen View Post
love the show you people are to critical it's called a reality tv show they are not going to show you everything good, that would be boring. Whoever actually wrote about what city and the exact school the girls go to is an idiot. Don't you know how many weirdos there are in this world????? You don't expose small children to potential problems.
Has a post been deleted? I didn't see anyone post about city and school. And FYI, we are entitled to think someone is rude. It's the joys of being allowed to have an opinion.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:57 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
He put the clothes in an upstairs bedroom, which seems logical to me. I completely agree that the show picks what to air, but her belittling him happens often enough to show it in every episode. During the Christmas shopping with all the kids, she was like "Stay there" and then "Why are you still standing there." Um, you told him to stay. LOL She expects him to know what she's thinking and she treats him like one of the kids when he doesn't.

Ah, come on, the Christmas shopping one was funny!
Kate is around 6 to 8 kids per day.. of course she's going to forget how to treat Jon some times lol

She appears to be OCD.. she probably isn't medicated and her head is going a mile a minute. I really don't think it's intentional. Jon isn't perfect either, some of the stuff he says & does.

Over all, I like the family and enjoy watching them. I think that for 2 parents that have so much going on, for them to be as civil as they are most times is nice to see.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:28 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Okay... I must admit, I've tried to sit thru this show. More than once.

A.) It wears me out, physically.
B.) It's a wonderful form of birth control and should be shown regularly in High School's across the nation. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/citadel.gif (broken link)

Sorry, I'm not much of a fan of screaming in the house, chaos etc.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:35 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
I love it. Kate is my favorite television celebrity :P I don't think she's rude at all- I know I'm just about as type A as she is and if I was out and about with 8 kids, I be a nervous wreck and yelling at my husband too. It's not a conscious thing- can you imagine what is going through her mind every time she takes her kids out? Jon's kind of a dope, in a good way, but he often is much too laid back and whiney for the household IMO. They work well together because they balance each other out, even if there is some tension at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.