Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 04:55 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
I'm wondering if she's really after the baby at all. Maybe her faking the absolute need for the baby was just part of the plan.
That's what I've been thinking these past few episodes. Maybe she is just playing the long game, going along with Fred while knowing that she really wanted Nicole to stay in Canada where she was safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 05:14 PM

18,109 posts, read 15,690,551 times
Maybe Serena is ready to leave Gilead for good and begin a new life in Canada. No, I can't possibly know what the show has planned in terms of what Serena wants in terms of Nicole in the future. That's a question only the showrunners and writers can answer.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:22 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don’t understand why Serena would set Fred up. Nichole isn’t her biological child. She stole her from an enslaved woman who already said that she wanted the baby to remain in Canada. Why would Canadian officials give her the baby in exchange for Fred? And what does Serena intend to do with a baby and no husband? I don’t see why Canada would let her live there with a stolen baby and what would she do if she returned to Gilead without a husband?
Because Fred is very valuable. She can go back to Gilead with a story of how she and Fred tried to rescue Nicole, they captured Fred but she miraculously managed to escape. She would still be a revered commander’s wife, just one waiting for her POW husband.

Interestingly, in the original book the historians considered Fred just a low level commander whose only real importance was in the role he played in the handmaiden author’s tale.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:13 PM

693 posts, read 1,041,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It is finally moving somewhere, getting interesting.
I’ll say! That was probably the best episode since season one!

Old 08-05-2019, 05:53 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,357,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That's what I've been thinking these past few episodes. Maybe she is just playing the long game, going along with Fred while knowing that she really wanted Nicole to stay in Canada where she was safe.
Exactly what I'm thinking. And when she brought up Fred taking her writing away from her, I knew she wanted herself out of Gilead for good.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:37 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,498,756 times
Are we sure that Nicole is Nick's baby (where is he by the way????) and not Fred's? Wouldn't it be a twist if Serena got pregnant when they were at the B&B?

Old 08-06-2019, 07:02 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,981,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Are we sure that Nicole is Nick's baby (where is he by the way????) and not Fred's? Wouldn't it be a twist if Serena got pregnant when they were at the B&B?
I hope Serena did get pregnant at that time. That way, she'd have her own baby and might leave Nicole alone. Can't remember if that's what happened in the book, but I do like the idea.

I'm also guessing that Nick will be instrumental somehow in keeping Nicole in Canada. Seems like he should show up at some point in time and try to be a good dad.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I hope Serena did get pregnant at that time. That way, she'd have her own baby and might leave Nicole alone. Can't remember if that's what happened in the book, but I do like the idea.
The book ended where season 1 ended.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:18 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,556,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Nick is now some sort of junior commander and is in Chicago helping to quash the resistance.

I’m all caught as of now. Although a lot has happened this season, Aunt Lydia still intrigues me. On one hand, we see that she is very pious in her beliefs and will do anything to maintain, but on the other, even she has limits on what she would do. When they were in DC, she seemed horrified that the handmaids' lips are sewn shut. I think that she never participate in any resistance, but she will turn a blind eye.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
Nick is now some sort of junior commander and is in Chicago helping to quash the resistance.

I’m all caught as of now. Although a lot has happened this season, Aunt Lydia still intrigues me. On one hand, we see that she is very pious in her beliefs and will do anything to maintain, but on the other, even she has limits on what she would do. When they were in DC, she seemed horrified that the handmaids' lips are sewn shut. I think that she never participate in any resistance, but she will turn a blind eye.
I don't know if she would turn a blind eye, she would definitely punish anyone who she felt deserves it. But at the same time she looks at these handmaids as her girls, and feels responsible for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV