Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 10:12 AM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Great finale, just superb. Agree, seeing those kids at the end, and Sheldon's voice over. Not a dry eye in the room. Loved the way the Nobel Prize weaved in & out of both shows.

That really was Carol Ann Susi's voice (she voiced Howard's mother on BBT until she died). They found a clip that worked perfectly to play for the Young Howard scene.

I don't think it's Alzheimer's. I think he's having a mental issue, what we used to call a nervous breakdown.
Yeah, it was mentioned in the episode that Dr. Sturgis had been hospitalized for this sort of behavior before. I could see that happening when people had these high expectations of him when he was younger and then he didn't quite live up to those expectations. That type of pressure would make anyone have a break down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 10:20 AM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times
What was exceptionally clever was the disappointment Sheldon had when the scientist he was rooting for did not win the Nobel prize. Grown-up Sheldon applied his theory to his own work that won the Nobel prize in The Big Bang Theory. It all tied together, including the subatomic particle that "bonded" and didn't bond like the characters. The writers must have figured this all out before they wrote the scripts for the season for both shows.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:31 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,119,231 times
Loved the ending, seeing all the BBT characters as children. Hearing Howard's mom once again was a nice touch, as was seeing Leonard's bathrobe, Amy reading a Little House book, and Bernadette with both a microscope and the Miss Yorba Linda sash.

But.... what's up with the kids they chose to play young Leonard? The other ones looked somewhat appropriate but young Leonard didn't have curly hair. That seemed weird.

Especially loved that young Leonard was the only other character who was listening to the Nobel prize winners. He truly was a counterpart for Sheldon.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:33 AM

Oh yeah, also loved Sheldon's brother telling the dad to "Go read a book!"

Sure hope they allow Dr. Sturgis to recover. He was a great character on the show.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:29 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
"There are boobies on my TV!"

Old 05-17-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
"There are boobies on my TV!"

LOL that was a great line.

I like many of the actors on this show, but as each show progresses, I' find myself more and more interested in the relationship between George and young George. There is a good chemistry between them, and both actors are really talented. I have a feeling the actor who plays the son is just beginning a really fruitful career. Sort of like seeing George Clooney starting out on Rosanne, or Leo DeCaprio on Growing Pains.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:34 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Quote:

Sure hope they allow Dr. Sturgis to recover. He was a great character on the show.
Does anybody remember Dr. Sturgis from The Princess Bride? He was Vizzini.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:24 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,259,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Does anybody remember Dr. Sturgis from The Princess Bride? He was Vizzini.
Yes, that's mainly where I remember him from. INCONCEIVABLE!! LOL

Old 05-18-2019, 09:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
And I kept yelling, 'Make him pay for electricity and buy his own TV'.
Yay! The kid's gonna pay rent.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:41 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,238,514 times
Quote:
LOL that was a great line.

I like many of the actors on this show, but as each show progresses, I' find myself more and more interested in the relationship between George and young George. There is a good chemistry between them, and both actors are really talented. I have a feeling the actor who plays the son is just beginning a really fruitful career. Sort of like seeing George Clooney starting out on Rosanne, or Leo DeCaprio on Growing Pains.
Yeah, I'm really noticing and liking Young Georgie's character this season too. Hope the writer's keep it coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV