Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2021, 02:34 PM

22,126 posts, read 13,165,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
I wouldn't say that it was her ego that was through the roof, I would pinpoint American nationality.

Keep in mind that the same people who are criticizing Meghan, took issue with Obama, slightly bowing to the Queen of England and to the King of Saudi Arabia.

https://heraldcourier.com/news/presi...efd0bd2b6.html

This is a common sentiment in the U.S. It only became an issue, when Meghan didn't feel that she needed to worship the British monarchy, simply because of their titles.

Also, keep in mind that the values in America and Europe are different. In America, you are lauded for your accomplishments. Simply being born into a wealthy family is not an accomplishment.
If Meghan wanted to be an independent, non-royal-subject-like American above all else, she probably ought not to have marred into "the institution."

Old 03-13-2021, 02:39 PM

14,001 posts, read 8,156,991 times
Quote:
Most marriages end in divorce. If their marriage fails, both parties will be responsible, since a marriage is supposed to be a partnership.

I'm sure he's "pissed off," a lot of British people. But at the end of the day, we only have one life, and it's best that people live, by their own terms.
That's fine but living by "one's own terms" can bring about consequences which aren't always positive.

He's still got a father and a brother. Now, he can delude himself into thinking how they feel doesn't matter but he's only fooling himself.

Ultimately his immediate family as well as much of British public are going to hold Harry accountable. He wanted to give up the trappings of the Royal Family. Fine. Live with it.

However, when the marriage ends and he returns to the UK... good luck.

Because my guess is he'll find it difficult to access the perks from his previous life.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:08 PM

147 posts, read 61,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
That's fine but living by "one's own terms" can bring about consequences which aren't always positive.

He's still got a father and a brother. Now, he can delude himself into thinking how they feel doesn't matter but he's only fooling himself.

Ultimately his immediate family as well as much of British public are going to hold Harry accountable. He wanted to give up the trappings of the Royal Family. Fine. Live with it.

However, when the marriage ends and he returns to the UK... good luck.

Because my guess is he'll find it difficult to access the perks from his previous life.
I'm sure he will be able to mend the relationship with his family. It's a difficult situation, but it certainly helps that Montecito, California is their new home.

They are renovating the interior of their mansion. That, along with producing original content for Netflix and Spotify, should keep them very busy.

I wish them nothing but peace and happiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIoE1ftPQk

Old 03-13-2021, 03:10 PM

1,227 posts, read 637,594 times
Quote:
Most marriages end in divorce. If their marriage fails, both parties will be responsible, since a marriage is supposed to be a partnership.

I'm sure he's "pissed off," a lot of British people. But at the end of the day, we only have one life, and it's best that people live, by their own terms.
Optics be damned, air your dirty laundry on TV, float ideas of royal racism, and demand your privacy.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,247,087 times
Quote:
I think many people have a grave misunderstanding about Meghan. Unlike the other women who had married into the Royal family, she was completely self-made and was already a millionaire. Meghan had a successful acting career and blog, which garnered a lot of lucrative endorsements. Her blog, the "Tig," showcased living well. As such, Meghan had access to all of the clothes and great fashion sense and access to "high society," way before becoming a "Duchess."

Meghan was also a graduate of Northwestern (which is a prestigious topped ranked American university), and worked, prior to her acting gigs at a U.S. embassy in Argentina, after completing her studies in international relations.

Due to her hit cable show "Suits," Meghan had traveled the world and purchased a million dollar home in Toronto, where she lived for a number of years, while filming.

She certainly gained world-wide fame by marrying into the royal family, but that was about it. When she weighed the pros and cons (i.e. not belonging/feeling hated/discriminated against, etc), she chose to leave, which was her right.

I don't believe that Harry simply relocated to America because of his wife and son. By his own admission, he felt trapped and confined by the lifestyle and was looking for a way out. One can live in a palace, and have access to fine clothes and food, provided by others, or they can be the stewards of their own ship. Meghan, always provided for herself, and had no issues choosing the latter.
I agree with some of what you're saying but I want to point out that the show she was a costar on Suits, along with a bevy of other costars. Also, I don't live under a rock, but until she hooked up with Harry, I had honestly never heard of "Suits" OR Meghan Markle. Oh well, I guess I'm uncool.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:18 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,689,465 times
4 of the world's top body language experts break down Meghan Markle's body language during the interview with Oprah. No surprise, plenty of markers of deception. Some of it enabled by Oprah. Instead of pressing her on some of the deceptive answers, Oprah affirms them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYyEx20DiKU

Old 03-13-2021, 03:20 PM

131,086 posts, read 12,245,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I agree with some of what you're saying but I want to point out that the show she was a costar on Suits, along with a bevy of other costars. Also, I don't live under a rock, but until she hooked up with Harry, I had honestly never heard of "Suits" OR Meghan Markle. Oh well, I guess I'm uncool.

I also had never heard of "Suits" before Ms Markle hit the tabloids with Harry. I wouldn't call it a popular or well known show. Now I'm beginning to wish I never heard her name HAHA

Old 03-13-2021, 03:24 PM

22,126 posts, read 13,165,885 times
Same. Never heard of her, wish I hadn't. Wish for everyone's sake Harry hadn't.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
4 of the world's top body language experts break down Meghan Markle's body language during the interview with Oprah. No surprise, plenty of markers of deception. Some of it enabled by Oprah. Instead of pressing her on some of the deceptive answers, Oprah affirm them.
There are a number of "body language experts," and many have stated that she comes across as very genuine. Generally speaking, most of us have a tendency to gravitate towards the opinions of the "experts" that confirm our own personal beliefs about the subject matter at hand.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I also had never heard of "Suits" before Ms Markle hit the tabloids with Harry. I wouldn't call it a popular or well known show. Now I'm beginning to wish I never heard her name HAHA
I'm sure many people never watched the show or knew of Meghan Markle, prior to her engagement to Harry. This doesn't however take away from the fact that she played Rachel Zane on Suits for seven seasons (2011–2017).

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the acting world, but anyone who has a recurring role on a network tv sitcom or cable show, for several seasons, due to the show's popularity/ratings, is considered a success, among actors. Was she a A lister? Absolutely not, but her time on Suits, allowed her to become a millionaire. Additionally, as I pointed out in a prior post, she created a very popular lifestyle blog, "The Tig," which had many high profile lucrative sponsorship deals.

I'm not a millionaire; therefore, I'm very careful about critiquing the "success" of someone who independently achieved that status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV