Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 11:20 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What? She was on medical leave.

Well, that is the excuse Storms gave, isn't it?

Regardless, an absence of nearly a year for, ahem.....endometriosis, along with the constant constipated delivery of her lines signals a shirttail relative behind the scenes, at least to me. And a contract, of course, the renewal of which is yet another mystery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 12:58 PM

8,074 posts, read 4,749,870 times
I would not count on that, since the main "draw" of hiring Storms in the first place was her popularity in a role on Days of our Lives, and not nepotism or some "deal" she made. Add to that the fact that virtually everyone who was in the production offices at that time (from producers up to the Head of Daytime Programming at ABC) have all long since departed the scene, and yet she was not let go in the way so many of the holdovers from that era were. She's no Julie Harris, but I think she does okay with the light fluffy stuff they give her, but of course your mileage may vary.

As for her health, it might be wise simply to grant benefit of the doubt unless you have access to her personal medical records. It was an explanation provided by her employer to the press; I'm sure they would not have just "taken her word for it".

Old 04-23-2014, 10:37 AM

After yesterday's episode, I'm wondering if the PTB are seriously trying to get this show canceled. As I've said before, I do realize that the kids are the next generation of misfits in PC, but entire scenes of lines delivered by kids--and not just that revolting little pot, Spencer the mini-Hefner, but all of them. What the h-e-double toothpicks am I watching, Nick at Nite?

Between that and the smarmy "where's the real Luke" storyline (not to be resolved, I'm sure, until Geary returns from his obligatory long summer absence), I'm fast-forwarding through more muck than usual.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:58 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,277,314 times
I have to admit that I LOVE Emma. She's a fantastic little actress, and her chemistry with her on-screen dad is outstanding. I really buy them as father and daughter. She's handled some pretty heavy material with grace. She really reminds me of KimberlyMc at the same age.

I could do without the boys though, ESPECIALLY Spencer. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
I saw the very first episode of GH...3 pm...a half hour...Jesse Brewer,
Steve something the MD...

Old 04-23-2014, 01:53 PM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
After yesterday's episode, I'm wondering if the PTB are seriously trying to get this show canceled.
I've been wondering that for about the past year. After the way ABC murdered All My Children, anything is probable.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:23 PM

8,074 posts, read 4,749,870 times
Quote:
....entire scenes of lines delivered by kids--and not just that revolting little pot, Spencer the mini-Hefner, but all of them.
It is getting painful. I get second-hand embarrassment for the kid playing Spencer, wincing at the adult conversation/dialogue put in his mouth by the writers. At least the kids playing Cameron and Emma seem to have more age-appropriate dialogue, even if the subject matter is still stilted and unrealistic. At first I felt sorry for poor, invisible Aiden, who doesn't even get to make an appearance in this whole sub-plot, but now I think he's the smartest kid in the bunch for avoiding it altogether.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I saw the very first episode of GH...3 pm...a half hour...Jesse Brewer,
Steve something the MD...

I didn't see the first one, but I do remember Jesse Brewer and Steve Hardy! And Lucille March, who'd always boss around her sister Audrey, and the philandering Phil Brewer...brings back memories.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
It is getting painful. I get second-hand embarrassment for the kid playing Spencer, wincing at the adult conversation/dialogue put in his mouth by the writers. At least the kids playing Cameron and Emma seem to have more age-appropriate dialogue, ......
I had to laugh at the conversation a couple of days ago between Cameron and Emma. Cameron used one of his hundred-buck words in a sentence and Emma replied, "What?" Now even I have to admit, that was cute!

Old 04-25-2014, 12:28 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I didn't see the first one, but I do remember Jesse Brewer and Steve Hardy! And Lucille March, who'd always boss around her sister Audrey, and the philandering Phil Brewer...brings back memories.
That's it...you named everybody!

Phil Brewer that roque...that never ages it seems, still so good looking.
And the lawyer Tom Baldwin? What did they all see in Audrey?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV