Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 02:32 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,988 times

Advertisements

I swear, I remember some conversation a while back, maybe at Miscavige regarding the Luke situation, something like, what if you discovered someone in another town who looked exactly like you, what would you do, what could you get away with, that sort of thing. Am I losing it? I seriously doubt I was dreaming GH storylines, but stranger things have happened.

Why are we expected to believe, all of a sudden, that Fluke was NOT holding the real Luke hostage in that basement? Just because Dante woke up to a corpse with a bomb doesn't mean that Luke couldn't have been moved. We're just supposed to think Fluke was ranting to his 'inner Luke' with no possible alternative? Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 02:45 PM

8,077 posts, read 4,755,604 times
Yeah, if it was supposedly Luke all along, then why the odd conversations with a captive, sometimes drugged version of himself, and the whole thing with Bill Eckert's body? Those revelatory "conversations" were what made viewers think there were two of them in the first place, and obviously he thought there were two of them (or, more precisely, that he was someone other than Luke Spencer and was talking to the real Luke).

All that pretense with Julian, telling him for years that he was someone else who looked like Luke? I understand Geary's back surgery forced them to slow this plot down, but they need to wrap it up soon since February Sweeps will end in about two weeks and it won't really matter as much to the ratings-obsessed network folks. More to the point, when a story takes too long to play out, it loses its impact. Timing is everything, and if it peaks too late, our only reaction tends to be "thank God it's over" rather than "wow, what a great ending".

Old 02-15-2015, 03:27 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,401,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Yeah, if it was supposedly Luke all along, then why the odd conversations with a captive, sometimes drugged version of himself, and the whole thing with Bill Eckert's body? Those revelatory "conversations" were what made viewers think there were two of them in the first place, and obviously he thought there were two of them (or, more precisely, that he was someone other than Luke Spencer and was talking to the real Luke).

All that pretense with Julian, telling him for years that he was someone else who looked like Luke? I understand Geary's back surgery forced them to slow this plot down, but they need to wrap it up soon since February Sweeps will end in about two weeks and it won't really matter as much to the ratings-obsessed network folks. More to the point, when a story takes too long to play out, it loses its impact. Timing is everything, and if it peaks too late, our only reaction tends to be "thank God it's over" rather than "wow, what a great ending".
All I know is that the days there is no Fluke story on GH, I am pretty happy. I'm even excited about the new baby storyline with Olivia. It's so much better than Fluke. :-)

I am loving Harper, KS's baby, being Georgie. Usually I find baby Storylines awfully boring, but I guess Fluke cured me of that.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:46 PM

Sorry to hear Spinelli and Ellie broke up. I really liked Ellie and her portrayer, Emily Wilson. It occurred to me that Spin only left town to be with her, so does this mean he's back permanently? Hope not. Keeping Georgie off-screen allowed Maxie and Nathan to have a normal (by soap standards) courtship, but if she's going to become a full-time mother again--with the baby's father in town--then they're setting up a rather predictable triangle. The problem: the two guys are not equally viable love interests for Maxie, this making the triangle kind of one-sided. Spinelli and Maxie is a ship that sailed long ago, a teen/twentyish relationship, while Maxie and Nathan allows Maxie to transition into adulthood the way Lulu did with Dante. Ellie and Spinelli were perfect together, and should have been allowed to flourish off-screen.

Love the kid, but that awful "sprig of hair with a barette on it" hairstyle has got to go. [/shallow]

Old 02-16-2015, 03:38 PM

I don't think spinelli is back for long...just a little Naxie angst. Spin also will probably figure out Jason is Jason.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:51 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,610,332 times
Sonny is so excited about the prospect of being a hands-on father to this extremely cute baby. Makes me think that the baby will turn out to be fathered by someone else, and not a Corinthos either. If Kiki goes ahead and sues for custody, I would think that a paternity/DNA test will be demanded to verify that Sonny is truly Avery's father.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:21 AM

They did an "indirect" paternity test that proved Morgan was not the father, so they all just assumed Sonny is the only other possibility, but it would definitely be an interesting twist if the baby was not his, either. That's something that saucy little minx Miss Ava might pull.

At this moment I'm watching Ryan Paevey (Nathan) guest-co-hosting The View. Two things I didn't know: his last name is pronounced "Pave-y", not "Peeve-y", and he auditioned for the lead in Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm kinda glad he did not get the Shades gig; it's traumatic enough having to listen to those cackling hens talk over each other on The View to see him. No way would I be able to sit through Shades.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:36 PM

I found out he was a Led Zeppelin fan. Me too. :-) love him!

Old 02-19-2015, 01:05 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,851,961 times
Here we go again. Another protracted "who's the baby daddy" storyline.

It's hard to believe that soaps haven't evolved beyond the bed-hopping and endless paternity tests for adults who still don't know where babies come from.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:41 PM

I'm okay with anything that doesn't relate to Fluke. :-)

I enjoy how Ned talks to Julian. It's so fun for the viewers, and Ned gets to be the hero who rescues Liv. They are perfect for each other.

Tracy is going to have Liv having Ned's baby.

I only hope she moves into the mansion and is in Tracy's face all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV