Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 08:52 PM

8,077 posts, read 4,755,604 times

Advertisements

Oh, I knew about the past crossovers---I was just surprised at the references within the Sonny/Nina/Phyllis story, especially since they'd been staring me in the face and I had not pieced it together (Nixon Falls!). I wonder if the proximity will factor at all in the story; I'm hoping maybe "Mike" will wander off and end up in Eterna underneath Llantano Mountain, never to be heard from again. Of course I doubt he'd wear the glittery jumpsuit.

Since the other ABC shows were set in Eastern PA (Philly area) I guess that earthquake last year shoved Port Chuck a few hundred miles east when no one was looking. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 06:01 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,545,203 times
I was surprised to see Monica the other day. Boy the writers really stuck it to her with everyone around her dying. they decimated the Qs

Old 05-18-2021, 06:27 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,542,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
GH has often made references over the years to locations from OLTL and AMC. They've mentioned Llanview, Pine Valley, even Corinth. They're all part of the same universe.
I guess I beetlejuiced Corinth

Old 05-27-2021, 09:57 PM

11,812 posts, read 12,053,785 times
I’m in complete shock that I’m loving Britt and Jason! Best part of the show. I am loving Sasha and Brando too, or maybe it’s just Brando I love.

As for the rest, getting on my nerves. That struggle scene between Elijah and Nina was such cornball acting. The Mike/Nina kiss, that nearly sent me over the edge. Cyrus just needs to go. Brook Lynn’s fake baby, ugh. Chase moving into the Q’s along with Charlotte and Valentin, ridiculous.

And Roger Howarth is back as a completely different character. I just can’t.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:45 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,610,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I was surprised to see Monica the other day. Boy the writers really stuck it to her with everyone around her dying. they decimated the Qs
I remember when the Q's were an entertaining and interesting family. They made a huge mistake killing them off.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:17 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,542,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
I’m in complete shock that I’m loving Britt and Jason! Best part of the show. I am loving Sasha and Brando too, or maybe it’s just Brando I love.

As for the rest, getting on my nerves. That struggle scene between Elijah and Nina was such cornball acting. The Mike/Nina kiss, that nearly sent me over the edge. Cyrus just needs to go. Brook Lynn’s fake baby, ugh. Chase moving into the Q’s along with Charlotte and Valentin, ridiculous.

And Roger Howarth is back as a completely different character. I just can’t.
Agreed on ALL counts! Loving Britt and Jason! MUCH better than JaSam. And is Roger Howarth going for some sort of record for how many characters an actor can play in one show? We're up to four now, right? Todd, Franco, Drew, and now this new doctor.

Stahhhp.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:05 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,465,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I remember when the Q's were an entertaining and interesting family. They made a huge mistake killing them off.
I watch clips from those times on YouTube. That’s when I loved GH.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:16 AM

11,812 posts, read 12,053,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Agreed on ALL counts! Loving Britt and Jason! MUCH better than JaSam. And is Roger Howarth going for some sort of record for how many characters an actor can play in one show? We're up to four now, right? Todd, Franco, Drew, and now this new doctor.

Stahhhp.
The character of Sam has been ruined. She's just a pouty, sulky middle-aged woman lurking around in her stupid leather jacket and granny boots, minding other people's business.

I think for me, I'm enjoying the interactions with Britt are ​giving Jason more depth and humanity than just a mob enforcer. They are really darling together. I'm not sure I can cope, lol.

And based on Maxie's reaction I guess we're all just supposed to pretend that Roger is now a new character who doesn't resemble Franco at all, since she definitely would have said something about it to him.

Old 05-28-2021, 02:51 PM

8,077 posts, read 4,755,604 times
Quote:
The character of Sam has been ruined. She's just a pouty, sulky middle-aged woman lurking around in her stupid leather jacket and granny boots, minding other people's business.
I'm inclined to agree (especially her meddling in others' issues and imposing her questionable morality on them), but I am giving The Show the benefit of the doubt. I hope they are in the process of a re-direct of the character in the same way they have redirected Jason in the wake of their break-up. The JaSam fanbase had to have been furious and upset over The Show breaking up Jason/Sam in a more permanent way, though breaking them up is absolutely the right decision for the show overall (and for the two characters). They've done wonders with Jason via the Britt pairing, and I'm pretty sure they hoped to make similar magic with Sam/Dante. The magic is not happening, IMO, but The Show is depicting Sam's new, Jason-free life as a much slower evolution than Jason's post-Sam life has turned out. But Jason's life has always been rushed, explosive, quick-decision/action-oriented....while Sam can take her time to get used to her new reality. What irritates me above and beyond the lack of real Dante/Sam chemistry is how The Show seems determined to make us forget her two kids. A large part of this "new, emancipated Sam" ought to be Sam being a mother to her children.

Quote:
And based on Maxie's reaction I guess we're all just supposed to pretend that Roger is now a new character who doesn't resemble Franco at all, since she definitely would have said something about it to him.
I hope they write the resemblance into the scripts but don't go overboard about it---a quick mention here or there but not making it the central topic of all the conversations. As for Maxie, it would be logical if she did not notice the resemblance at first because...well, she was a bit preoccupied :-) but then it sank in after they got out of the woods and into a hospital room. I want them to acknowledge the Austin/Franco resemblance, though, because I have this image in my head (courtesy of a classic Knots Landing plotline) where Peter August, upon seeing Austin, freaks out after seeing "Franco" (the man he murdered). On Knots, Chip Roberts saw Cathy, the woman who looked like the woman he had murdered, and he ended up falling on a pitchfork and dying. It would be poetic for the last thing Peter saw to be the face of the man he murdered.

Old 05-28-2021, 04:44 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,465,823 times
I watched it today for the first time in years. Probably close to a decade. I thought the actor who played Jason had left the show but it looked like the same person. It’s was nice to see Carly and Maxie. I was bummed Liz was only on for a quick minute.

Omg I couldn’t believe how no one aged!

If anyone is interested I’d love to know what happened with my favorite characters- Liz/lucky/Jason; Luke and Laura, Robin, Nicholas, Maxie, Alexis, Jax, Carly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV