Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 08:39 AM

1,762 posts, read 2,104,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
*sigh*

So I tuned into this show just to see if they've gotten any further in the plot line. I think the creators/writers/producers are actively trying to shoo away viewers. The entire episode's dialogue was done in RHYME! Cute at first, but then when it continued after the first commercial break, it was SO tedious!
I thought it was a cute and funny episode. I enjoyed the little "stories" Marshall told Marvin and the people on the bus. Yes it was filler but I enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 09:46 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,327,352 times
I'm still a big fan of this show, but IMO last night was not a good episode. The rhyming dialogue was too distracting.
I'd have been fine with the whole concept of Marshall & even everyone else on the bus talking in rhyme, but the rhyming should have stopped at the narration IMO.
I did enjoy bringing back the old joke of Marshall thinking he'd be able to walk the last 5 miles and playing the "Marshall vs The Machines" song at the end of the episode.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:27 AM

9,156 posts, read 14,814,221 times
I'm still hanging in and I get a few laughs here and there, but this show is a great thing to have on in the background while I browse the web rather than actually watch now. It is the only way I can stand it. Everything is just so dragged out and gimmicky. And good god Marshal, according to the guy you are a few miles away from Farhampton, just call someone to come pick you up!

Old 11-26-2013, 11:32 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,327,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I'm still hanging in and I get a few laughs here and there, but this show is a great thing to have on in the background while I browse the web rather than actually watch now. It is the only way I can stand it. Everything is just so dragged out and gimmicky. And good god Marshal, according to the guy you are a few miles away from Farhampton, just call someone to come pick you up!
I like the fact that he wants to walk it, like I said it plays off an older episode.
They seem to be doing quite a bit of that in this season, they brought back the "500 miles" song, in last night's episode Marshall said that he wasn't sure which boyfriend Robin had just broke up with and listed a few of them, they are referencing quite a few older episodes in kind of a fun "wrap up" sort of way. According to someone on the show's staff (I don't remember who it was) we will get to see the final slap as well.
From the previews, next week looks like another flashback episode as they seem to have some scenes at the bar.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,075,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
I like the fact that he wants to walk it, like I said it plays off an older episode.
They seem to be doing quite a bit of that in this season, they brought back the "500 miles" song, in last night's episode Marshall said that he wasn't sure which boyfriend Robin had just broke up with and listed a few of them, they are referencing quite a few older episodes in kind of a fun "wrap up" sort of way. According to someone on the show's staff (I don't remember who it was) we will get to see the final slap as well.
From the previews, next week looks like another flashback episode as they seem to have some scenes at the bar.
The January 13th show is titled "Slapsgiving 3". Strange that they're doing the Thanksgiving episode so late.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:28 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,554,748 times
This used to be a watchable show but, season after season, they turned into the most shameful sitcom ever. Nothing makes sense anymore, the characters arent likable anymore (who would have thought barney wasnt gonna be likable! ), and it isnt even funny.

Of all the shows ive seen, this is the one that sink the most. I mean, it wasnt all that promising (it wasnt a seinfeld, not even a friends) but it sunk so bad that now is utterly-unwatchable.

I decided to stop watching, i somehow wanted to know, after all this years of watching, how Ted would meet the damn mother, but the show is so badly written and inconsitent and ridiculous and unfunny that i decided to give up after the last episode.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:51 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,288,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
This used to be a watchable show but, season after season, they turned into the most shameful sitcom ever. Nothing makes sense anymore, the characters arent likable anymore (who would have thought barney wasnt gonna be likable! ), and it isnt even funny.

Of all the shows ive seen, this is the one that sink the most. I mean, it wasnt all that promising (it wasnt a seinfeld, not even a friends) but it sunk so bad that now is utterly-unwatchable.

I decided to stop watching, i somehow wanted to know, after all this years of watching, how Ted would meet the damn mother, but the show is so badly written and inconsitent and ridiculous and unfunny that i decided to give up after the last episode.
What shocks me about this show is how completely unlikable they have made Ted. Guys like Ted usually annoy me anyway, because they are the type of guys who whine that they can't find true love when in reality they get in their own way and create their own mess. But to have the main character, who actually seems somewhat likable and amusing when he magically transforms into Bob Saget, be a total d-bag just ruins the show.

These days we watch it more to yell at Ted's douchebaggery than anything else.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:59 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,730,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
What shocks me about this show is how completely unlikable they have made Ted. Guys like Ted usually annoy me anyway, because they are the type of guys who whine that they can't find true love when in reality they get in their own way and create their own mess. But to have the main character, who actually seems somewhat likable and amusing when he magically transforms into Bob Saget, be a total d-bag just ruins the show.

This ^^

It seems that they've downgraded Ted to being a secondary character, and they've made him more annoying. It's sad, because Ted was the one character I was able to identify with in past seasons, but he just seems off now.

This whole season is just annoying. The only reason I'm even watching it is because I've invested so much time in watching the past seasons that I want to see it finish. I hate how we still barely know anything about the mother!

Last Monday's episode was a filler and a trainwreck-- the whole rhyming thing got old five or six minutes in. Hope tomorrow's episode is more promising.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:59 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post

Agree.

I never was really a fan of Ted (my favourite character was always Barney, followed by Marshall, then the girls and Ted was always my least favourite character out of the five) cause he was too damn corny and all, but at least he had a sweet loser component in the early seasons. Lately, i just want to punch him in the face. When I see glimpses of the mother as this sweet beautiful girl i think "she deserves much better than Ted"

The biggest failure a sitcom like this can commit is to make all the characters unlikable. And this one did it. The only character that remains sort of likable is Marhsall, but that isnt enough when the scripts are boring, unfunny, and the other 4 protagonists are hard to watch.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:47 PM

679 posts, read 811,512 times
Agreed about Ted. He is my least favorite of the group. I have gotten to the point where I care more about Marshall/Lily and Barney/Robin storylines than anything involving Ted and his quest for true love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV