Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 10:37 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,804,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Me too. The Ted character has always gotten on my nerves. His type was my nightmare of the worst possible of guy to meet when I was young and dating.

At this point, I too am just watching to see who the mother is. I don't think for a minute it is the girl they showed with the yellow umbrella at the season ending. The writers are kind of insulting the intelligence of the audience if they expect us to believe this.

according to some online articles I've read--she is indeed the one. A couple of the articles went into detail about the actress who plays her.
I didn't snag the links though because I've never posted on this thread before tonight so didn't save the links. Just decided to drop by to see what real fans of the show were saying. I've watched when with others who are fans or if nothing else is on and I'm channel surfing,then I'll tune in.
I just never really warmed up to it. It gets too ridiculous at times.
I don't get the pairing up of Robyn and Barney. No chemistry at all. The actress playing Robyn sure has changed from the earlier seasons. The way she looks I mean. I once thought she was pretty but now I think she looks tired and worn out.
Not a real fan of any of the characters on this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 10:48 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,469,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
according to some online articles I've read--she is indeed the one. A couple of the articles went into detail about the actress who plays her.
I didn't snag the links though because I've never posted on this thread before tonight so didn't save the links. Just decided to drop by to see what real fans of the show were saying. I've watched when with others who are fans or if nothing else is on and I'm channel surfing,then I'll tune in.
I just never really warmed up to it. It gets too ridiculous at times.
I don't get the pairing up of Robyn and Barney. No chemistry at all. The actress playing Robyn sure has changed from the earlier seasons. The way she looks I mean. I once thought she was pretty but now I think she looks tired and worn out.
Not a real fan of any of the characters on this show.
Well that's so disappointing. If it's true, I don't have any desire to continue watching the show because I don't care how they got together. Talk about anticlimactic. They will probably just turn it into a sappy love story and Ted is so sappy already I think I will get an off the chart blood sugar surge just watching it.

I don't see the Barney/Robin match either. After all that time why on earth did they get together? How did they get together? And Ted is apparently still pining for her. Ick!

I think Ted and what's-her-name, the stripper, were a pretty good couple. They should have stayed together. Their breakup was kind of dumb.

I didn't watch the show from the beginning. I kind of got caught up through reruns but still haven't seen all of them. I only began watching the newer ones sporadically. But I think I may be over this show completely now.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:03 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,105,327 times
Quote:
I don't get the pairing up of Robyn and Barney. .
I get the feeling that the writers have been trying to insinuate that Robin sees in Barney the acceptance that her father would never give her, since Barney and her dad are so much alike.

She reminds me of those girls who "love" to watch football, but really don't understand anything that's going on and wouldn't care if their husbands/boyfriends weren't into the game. It's like she's trying to be butch just so a man like her father will appreciate it, not because she actually enjoys cigars/whiskey/hockey/etc.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 AM

9,147 posts, read 14,778,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
I know!! There was no "magic moment" where you just KNEW she was the girl for Ted. A real let down.
Other than the multiple times they have set this up in many past episodes over the years and this one? Like the multiple umbrella references tied to the mother, the saying Ted would meet here at the train station (I think they said Farhampton) then in this episode Ted saying he thought he would take the train? Then bam this girl is at the train station and they linger on the umbrella before revealing her face? I know they have had some semi-fake outs before, but this is it.

As far as Robin looking bad, my wife and I have noticed this season they have had her in some what were they thinking outfits. The last few episodes things have gotten a bit better. They either purposefully tried to make a change or got a knew costume person or something. It was really bad early in this past season.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:41 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,274,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Other than the multiple times they have set this up in many past episodes over the years and this one? Like the multiple umbrella references tied to the mother, the saying Ted would meet here at the train station (I think they said Farhampton) then in this episode Ted saying he thought he would take the train? Then bam this girl is at the train station and they linger on the umbrella before revealing her face? I know they have had some semi-fake outs before, but this is it.

As far as Robin looking bad, my wife and I have noticed this season they have had her in some what were they thinking outfits. The last few episodes things have gotten a bit better. They either purposefully tried to make a change or got a knew costume person or something. It was really bad early in this past season.
Yeah, everything I've read says it's the mother. Entertainment Weekly had a Q&A with the creators of the show about it and talked a bit about the actress playing her. The creators said while the fans got to meet the mother in the finale, it will be longer into next season before Ted actually meets her.

'How I Met Your Mother': Burning questions about the mother | Inside TV | EW.com

'How I Met Your Mother': Casting Cristin Milioti as the mother | Inside TV | EW.com

Old 07-14-2013, 05:01 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,715,693 times
I came looking for spoilers on the new season and found this:
Quote:
Just decided to drop by to see what real fans of the show were saying.
I suppose, taken literally, it's a reasonable expectation that a certain group of the fans of the show will be talking about it online, but know that there are nine million people who watch the show and that they don't all post online nor are inclined to discuss each episode each week.

For myself, I am very happy with the way things are working out, and very much looking forward to the new season, much more so than the past two or three seasons. I'll be interested in seeing how they work through the reveal of this new character over the course of the season. As some others have alluded to on various online forums, after eight years, I'm satisfied that I know the original five characters. Quite frankly, some of their performances have flagged in recent years presumably because their 5! interactions have been mostly played out. A new focus will be welcome .

Old 09-26-2013, 06:58 AM

9,147 posts, read 14,778,942 times
So, we and at least one of the characters on the show have finally met her. No thoughts?

At first, I will say she didn't seem like a match for Ted, but as the show wen on and she had more lines, I think she is fine.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:03 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
So, we and at least one of the characters on the show have finally met her. No thoughts?

At first, I will say she didn't seem like a match for Ted, but as the show wen on and she had more lines, I think she is fine.
I like her.
She's about Ted's speed, I think.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:45 PM

30 posts, read 39,748 times
I loved the season premiere of How I met you Mother. I think that mother is perfect for Ted and can't wait to see how they actually meet. I wan more of Ted and the Mother together!!

The only weak link of the episodes was Marshall's storyline. I am already tired of the sherri shepard character so i want that cleared up fast lol.

and one more thing!

Thank you Linus!!

Old 09-27-2013, 02:10 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,715,693 times
I love how they're setting up the very last line in the last episode. In this past episode, older Ted says, "And that's how Lily met your mother..." Of course, the last episode will end with older Ted saying, "And that's how I met your mother."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV