Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,249,186 times

Advertisements

Is anyone watching this season? I'm confused. I could swear that a few weeks back, in Lily and Marshal's Long Island house, Robin said she was pregnant. Am I wrong? It hasn't been mentioned since, that I've seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,661,191 times
She thought she might be then. But it turned out she wasn't and the bad news the doctor gave her was that she is unable to have children.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,615,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
I was really underwhelmed by the season premiere of HIMYM. I thought it could have been a lot funnier. Something tells me that this show has only one more season left after this one before it gets the ax...
I saw your post that you did '08 and made me think of last week episode when they was imagining where they all would be in 3 years lol.
Show is still running and Im just picking up on it.

I was busy on Monday nights when the showed air but free to watch now.
At least old episodes are new to me.
I agree with the rest of thread. I cant believe some said they dont like Ted, Marshall gets on my nerves more but I enjoy all the Characters they play well off each other. Great Cast.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:05 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,517,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I saw your post that you did '08 and made me think of last week episode when they was imagining where they all would be in 3 years lol.
Show is still running and Im just picking up on it.

I was busy on Monday nights when the showed air but free to watch now.
At least old episodes are new to me.
I agree with the rest of thread. I cant believe some said they dont like Ted, Marshall gets on my nerves more but I enjoy all the Characters they play well off each other. Great Cast.
One of those people was me. I don't like the Ted character. I started watching the show when it went into reruns and got caught up on the episodes. I am watching it now but I am losing interest. I'll probably keep watching though until it ends.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,341,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I'm not allowed to watch the Big Bang Theory because my SO is a real physicist and they say some of the dumbest most inaccurate stuff!
Nope. Also dated a physicist. What they say is not only real and on point, each episode is fact-checked by a real physicist before it airs. Check out the trivia section at IMDB for proof of this.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,517,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Nope. Also dated a physicist. What they say is not only real and on point, each episode is fact-checked by a real physicist before it airs. Check out the trivia section at IMDB for proof of this.
Agree. I doubt Steven Hawkings would appear on a show that gave innaccurate science information.

Also Danica Kellar who appeared in one of the episodes has an advanced degree in math and has won awards for her work. Mayim Bialik has degrees in neuroscience for real.

Jim Parsons has been on many a talk show verifying the fact that Bialik and the scientific advisors always help him get his lines right when Sheldon has to quote scientific equations and the like.

Sorry aragx6's husband won't allow her to watch the show. She is missing some really funny stuff.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:36 AM

9,156 posts, read 14,814,221 times
Ok. What exactly did they show us in the finale? Barney is marrying Robin, but Ted said earlier it was a disastrous wedding or something like that. Does that mean there was some problem but the marriage turned out OK or are they still screwing with us.

As far as Ted, is he really going to end up with Victoria? I have never been one to demand we meet the Mother, but I am getting a little bit tired of the games here.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,904,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I have never been one to demand we meet the Mother, but I am getting a little bit tired of the games here.

I have the same sentiment... Not sure I can last til the end of the series. I have been a faithful watcher but I find myself waiting til I have already watched everything else on my DVR before watching it now. I just want to fast-forward to the end fo the series to get the big reveal.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:20 AM

777 posts, read 1,340,095 times
I love this show still. I'm still shock that it is one of the few shows that can still be so funny after season 3. I did read somewhere the show is scheduled to have just 2 more seasons, which they will attempt to write/produce specifically to finalize the story and show who the Mother is. I mean, worst thing they can seriously do, is cancel the show before the Mother is ever revealed. That will just wreak havoc! I still think the show is a success though. Although with it's monday night timing, it's got serious competition. In fact, I'd rather watch Bones than this, but that's b/c I can watch this online the next day instead of having to wait 8 days to catch on Bones (damn Fox).

Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM

4,067 posts, read 5,661,191 times
I was disappointed to see Barney and Robin marrying. Yeah, that WOULD be a huge disaster! They have zero chemistry and Barney is just NOT ready for marriage with anyone! I'm getting tired of all these games and teases on the part of the show's writers and producers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV