Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 02:44 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,854,416 times

Advertisements

I always knew Robin was pretty cute, but lately I've begun to appreciate the beauty of Lilly. It may have been caused by the credit card commercial that she did with the football player last year (sorry, I don't keep up with sports). I seem to recall Alyson Hannigan doing another series a few years ago that failed quickly. IIRC her boyfriend or brother or someone had taken over his father's hot dog manufacturing business.

Guess I'd better head over to IMDB and search her. I haven't watched the show (or TBBT) yet this season, been in rehearsals for a play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 AM

603 posts, read 2,094,244 times
I work nights, so I picked up the Season 1 and 2 value pack DVD of How I Met Your Mother in Target and watched all the episodes with a buddy of mine--for the first time.
Might I say that the series is atrociously bad--and irritating. The jokes are corny and stale, with about half of them falling as flat as your great Uncle Jake's. The laugh-track is lame: there is no comedic relationship between the cast and the audience.
The acting is terrible--especially Jason Segal, Alyson Hannigan, and Josg Radnor (in that order). Jason Segal is fed so many totally unfunny lines, it's like a repeated train wreck. Plot devices are both preposterous and not funny (a flying cockamouse? a rain dance?)
I also find the entire premise to be incredibly narcissitic, as everyone fawns over Ted's selfish pursuit of love.
Plus, it's NOT actually the story of how he met their mother is it?
Terrible, terrible....

Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 AM

4,065 posts, read 5,650,752 times
I've been watching it more lately...had a conflict with another show for a while before. I like it quite a bit. That one and Big Bang Theory.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:08 PM

269 posts, read 911,415 times
Did anyone else see tonights episode? I'm wondering if anyone what the countdown in the background was for? It bothered me throughout the whole episode and google didn't have anything so I'm hoping someone here knows the significance.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:22 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
It's the best sitcom on tv now. The rest are total garbage. We are enjoying the in your face humor of Mike and Molly, though.

I didn't notice a countdown on our tv, SLippi...SLippi, you'd better get out of your house!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:32 PM

627 posts, read 1,296,790 times
I like Rules of Engagement too, and Big Bang Theory.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:58 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,909,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLippi View Post
Did anyone else see tonights episode? I'm wondering if anyone what the countdown in the background was for? It bothered me throughout the whole episode and google didn't have anything so I'm hoping someone here knows the significance.
I am watching it right now and noticed it too. I was wondering the same thing.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:18 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,909,380 times
OK I just finished the episode and I think it was just counting down to the news at the end. It got to 7 when he found out the news we all thought was the big problem of the episode. That was their hint that there was something else to come. I think...

Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,925,457 times
I don't recall seeing a count down. I must have missed it.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM

269 posts, read 911,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
OK I just finished the episode and I think it was just counting down to the news at the end. It got to 7 when he found out the news we all thought was the big problem of the episode. That was their hint that there was something else to come. I think...
I wondered that, and since it was right after New Years didn't know if it was related to that but since it wasn't good news that probably wasn't New Years related. Also wondered if it was the 50th episode or something but since it's been on for 6 or 7 seasons, I think, that didn't seem likely. So that basically only left the news that I could see also...

Decided to give google one more try and 8 minutes ago the reason was posted. Yup countdown to bad news.
How I Met Your Mother Boss on Last Night's Shocker—and What's Ahead - E! Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV