Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 05:15 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,724,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I guess I'm the only person that still loves this show.
You're not alone. While I think the weekend weekend all season long idea isn't ideal I agree that the scenes she's in make the whole season worthwhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,261,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
I too still love the show. I love Barney and Robin together, I was always rooting for them. I just wish Marshall would finally get there!
Me too! I don't get why people want Robin and Ted together. They are a tired, on-again off-again routine. They are too different. He is too whiny for her, and hello again, she CAN'T have kids, and she doesn't want them. I guess everyone wants her to miraculously turn into some mommy-wannabe and just wind up pregnant and lovin' it like every woman should, right? I like that the Robin character is not like other women, and I think it would be sad to make her into something she is obviously NOT. Her and Barney have so much in common and are WAY more suited for each other. Plus to tell this long, drawn out story... have Ted go on this years long search and date all these women just to end up with the woman from night #1 seems lame! All that... for, that? I hate Robin and Ted together. It's not believeable either, not to me. If they end up together in some twist, I will be disappointed.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:02 AM

679 posts, read 810,925 times
I admit last night's episode was pretty bad. It was the worst of the season IMO. I really only enjoyed the scenes with Marshall and Daphne. Everything that went on back at the hotel was just blah.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:57 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
I admit last night's episode was pretty bad. It was the worst of the season IMO. I really only enjoyed the scenes with Marshall and Daphne. Everything that went on back at the hotel was just blah.
Two things I have always loved about this show is their ability to continue jokes and the ability to produce poignant but not cheesey moments. Last night they did both with Marshall & Daphne, the "500 Miles" song as the long running joke from a few seasons back and then Marshall taking her to see her daughter's speech.
I liked some of the hotel stuff, I wouldn't write it all off as just blah, but I agree with you that the road trip was the best part of the episode last night.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:15 AM
bUU

The more episodes they have without The Mother the more pointless this season's episodes are going to seem.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The more episodes they have without The Mother the more pointless this season's episodes are going to seem.
I respectfully disagree, of course it's just my opinion, but I think that the main focus of this season is to see Barney & Robin tie the knot, not to mention seeing what Marshall and Lily decide to do as far as Rome vs the Judgeship. Finally seeing Ted & The Mother meet is the icing on the cake and we'll get that, I'm assuming, in the finale.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:27 AM
bUU

The way the season was presented in the up-fronts was with the wedding as backdrop and that the focus of the season would be to show how each of the four met The Mother.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The way the season was presented in the up-fronts was with the wedding as backdrop and that the focus of the season would be to show how each of the four met The Mother.
And we're getting that. There are only 4 cast members, obviously they can't spend 25 episodes focusing on that. We've seen Lily & Barney meet the mom, we'll see Robin & Marshall meet her and then we'll see Ted meet her. We'll see the final Slap (THAT'S FIVE) we'll see Barney & Robin get married, and who knows maybe at the end we'll see all three couples sitting on that front porch that Lily talked about before, (of course it should really be Bob Saget sitting there as Ted instead of Josh Radnor )

Old 11-20-2013, 12:41 PM
bUU

I'm hoping to see Lyndsy Fonseca in the final episode.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:20 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,587,786 times
*sigh*

So I tuned into this show just to see if they've gotten any further in the plot line. I think the creators/writers/producers are actively trying to shoo away viewers. The entire episode's dialogue was done in RHYME! Cute at first, but then when it continued after the first commercial break, it was SO tedious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV