Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,477,989 times

Advertisements

I know there is no 'prison clause' in real life and I don't remember them saying anything about there being one on the show.
You don't sleep with a bros ol lady -period.

If I remember correctly - that is why Bobby kept it a secret back then and that is also why Jax and Clay kept his name out of it when they were telling the other members at Church on this last episode. To protect him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 12:54 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,289,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I know there is no 'prison clause' in real life and I don't remember them saying anything about there being one on the show.
You don't sleep with a bros ol lady -period.

If I remember correctly - that is why Bobby kept it a secret back then and that is also why Jax and Clay kept his name out of it when they were telling the other members at Church on this last episode. To protect him.
No, in season 2 Bobby told Jax that he was tapping Luanne. I think it was the episode after they found out about her death. Jax said, "You are covered by the prison clause." I remember that. Bobby didn't keep it a secret...he told Jax. He didn't tell Jax the reason behind it, Luanne embezzling funds from the club.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:00 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,350,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Which means what? Otto should know that Bobby wouldn't kill Luanne. And the cops don't have any evidence pertaining to the murder or Bobby would have been arrested. I just find this storyline ridiculous. I can understand Otto being upset that Bobby was sleeping with Luanne, but not believing that he killed her.
What this means is that Lincoln Potter the weasel got what he wanted -- to stir up internal discord within SAMCRO. He has no intention of arresting Bobby for Luanne's killing.

As for what Otto believed possible at the point Potter talked to him, who knows? He never said. There might have been a "just maybe he did kill her" nagging way in the back of Otto's mind. The members of SAMCRO have been killing machines, after all, sometimes of unlikely people. If Otto didn't believe anything Potter told him, then why did he reach out to SAMCRO demanding answers?

Now that Bobby has lied to Otto about Luanne's killer being taken care of, it sets the stage for more trouble in the future. I think that's what the storyline is for. To add yet another problem for SAMCRO. They are piling on the problems, rivalries, double and triple crosses, etc., for SAMCRO.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:32 PM

22,950 posts, read 28,354,814 times
Quote:
No, in season 2 Bobby told Jax that he was tapping Luanne. I think it was the episode after they found out about her death. Jax said, "You are covered by the prison clause." I remember that. Bobby didn't keep it a secret...he told Jax. He didn't tell Jax the reason behind it, Luanne embezzling funds from the club.
Correct. I re-watched this episode not that long ago.

But just because there is a "prison clause," that sure doesn't mean Otto would be okay with it. Considering what he's been through for the club and what has happened to him as a result of it, I can't imagine him being okay with this.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:20 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,369,445 times
Quote:
I rewatched and I guess that the Fed wanted Otto upset so that he would turn on the club. I still don't know why Bobby lied to Otto about killing George. That's going to bite him later.
Would you have the heart to tell a guy you (supposedly) love, who's lost or given absolutely everything he has for the club, including his eyes, his freedom, his wife, and soon his life that his wifes killer hasn't been dealt with because the MC is going to use him a little bit first?

Bobby already felt bad about doing Luanne, I don't think he had it in him to tell Otto that they couldn't even show him the respect to off his wifes killer right away, the one thing he's asked of them.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:44 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,015,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
I think they may be jumping the shark a little with the Juice story line, it is teetering on unbelievable-

You steal a $20,000 brick of coke based on the threat of your gang finding out your dad was black? Then you fall asleep 300 yards from the scene of the crime? sorry too magical
Why? If they find out he is black they will kick him from the club, make him remove his ink, and maybe worse. Being in that club is his entire life so to him, it is probably worth the risk to him. As the AUSA said, Juice needs to weigh his risk.

He wasnt trying to steal a brick, he was trying to get a couple of grams out so they could test it. But, the prospect came in so he had to hide it in his pants and had no choice but to leave with it.

It was pretty obvious that he thought he would wake up before everyone got there and get a chance to replace it.

I dont know how they are jumping the shark. It is no less believable than anything else they have ever done on this show.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,972,805 times
Quote:
Subtle difference, but Luanne wasn't embezzling from the club. Rather she just wasn't giving them as big a cut as they wanted from her company IIRC. Either way though not a good deal for her.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:58 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,972,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Why? If they find out he is black they will kick him from the club, make him remove his ink, and maybe worse. Being in that club is his entire life so to him, it is probably worth the risk to him. As the AUSA said, Juice needs to weigh his risk.

He wasnt trying to steal a brick, he was trying to get a couple of grams out so they could test it. But, the prospect came in so he had to hide it in his pants and had no choice but to leave with it.

It was pretty obvious that he thought he would wake up before everyone got there and get a chance to replace it.

I dont know how they are jumping the shark. It is no less believable than anything else they have ever done on this show.
Good clarification points. He wasn't intending to steal the brick.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,938,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post

Ok- If the club finds out Juice's dad was black, removal from club and loss of ink at worse, however he would be easily welcomed into another club, or maybe even go NOMAD- and just not be afilliated with SAMCRO, after all he would have still been a earner, and in good standing, and as we see SAMCRO has no problem whatsoever keeping secrets!

Stealing a brick of coke, on consignment from the mexican mafia, with him having a history of being a junkie, on top of stealing it to give the feds a tatse borders on plain absurdity- And even then, still not abandoning the mission after being not only spotted by his guys, but the dudes there to watch his guys, watch the coke! A move like that, you would think the danger would be they have a family member hostage, or something else mission impossiblish- def not were gonna tell these guys your dad is black-

Why not just buy some off the street, and say that is where it came from? That just seems too far fetched, and does not make rational sense, not to me at least-

Last edited by cool rob; 10-11-2011 at 11:41 AM..

Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,369,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
Ok- If the club finds out Juice's dad was black, removal from club and loss of ink at worse, however he would be easily welcomed into another club, or maybe even go NOMAD- and just not be afilliated with SAMCRO

Stealing a brick of coke, on consignment from the mexican mafia, with him having a history of being a junkie, on top of stealing it to give the feds a tatse borders on plain absurdity-

Why not just buy some off the street, and say that is where it came from? That just seems too far fetched, and does not make ratioanl sense, not to me at least-
Getting kicked out and having his ink stripped would be the best case, worst case is ending up dead somewhere.

NOMAD wouldn't work, the nomads are still SOA, even if they're not SAMCRO, SAMCRO affiliates with the NOMADS, as seen with Happy.

Stealing the brick was an accident, he was trying to get a sample (stupid enough in itself) when the new kid caught him off guard, then the Mayan showed up and forced his play.

He couldn't have bought any off the street, because what you buy on the street isn't uncut Columbian, it's been cut, thinned out and polluted, the law would know almost just by looking at it.

The stupid play was not to go to the club with it immediately, they'd know a bigger player than the sheriff was behind it, and they could've played that angle, there's the possibility that they'd accept that Juice newer knew his father and that they'd keep the truth within the "church" and just continue to consider him brown.

But once he made the decision to take a sample, things just forced his play, he wouldn't have had time to put it back, especially not putting it back and getting a sample at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV