Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 03:57 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,494,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Walt dismantled the drug cartel he created. But Jesse still knows how to make Blue Sky, and by the end, he was making it with a higher percentage of purity than they did together.

But I like to think he'll never go down that road again.
I think Jesse's self-esteem, or self worth would outweigh him getting his behind handed to him repeatedly. So, therefore he'd be right back to square one making meth again for somebody, somehow and someway. Too much easy money....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 05:51 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,663,744 times
Quote:
I found the last thing Walt said to the Schwartzes to be very interesting:

"Cheer up, beautiful people, this is where you get to make it right".

I too wish they had gone into more depth into Gray Matter and his background with them. Something happened with them in his early days that set him on a path towards his end. Something deeply affected him that he carried and seethed about the rest of his life. That last line, at least to me, implies that he felt deeply wronged and betrayed by them. As he sat in that house, he seemed to contemplate that what he beheld was supposed to have been his existence, his success, his happiness, the result of his genius and work. But for some reason it was ripped away, and it festered within him the rest of his life. He bottled it up, and went through the motions of the miserable working man who had failed at his aspirations until that one day he decided to let it crawl out and manifest
Basically what Silver8ack said, there was an interview with the actress and if I can find it again I will post later.

Here is what I can remember.
During the scene where Walt and Gretchen were in the restaurant, the director explained this to her:
Walt and Gretchen were getting married, he met her family for the first time when they all gathered for a 4th of July holiday. Walt met Gretchen's very successful father and her brothers. He was suppose to have gone upstairs, packed and left immediately. The director told her to keep in mind that "Walt was terrified" to be around such rich and successful people. Something like that but the "terrified" really stuck with me.

Ever since, I have been trying to figure out what terrified him???
Was it because he felt he would always be walking in the shadow of these successful men in her life? Even though he partially created Gray Matter, did they talk among themselves that day, making their own plans for what Walt considered to be "his" company. Did he feel they would EXCLUDE him? Whatever it was, it must have been very traumatic for Walt.

Then when he watched the "beautiful people" on TV saying Walt contributed nothing, no wonder he got in that car instead of turning himself in, I'm so glad he got them back.

He smiled at the end, he had done what he had always dreamed of doing. He as a scientist had created the purist Meth and because he was a teacher, his student had made meth even purer than Walt's. To Walt, I think it was his Gray Matter and Jesse as a student was his too.

That's my take, I loved this show and everybody that had anything to do with it.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 PM

6,514 posts, read 6,722,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope76 View Post
Well, I could've lived without that one episode when the fly was trapped in the meth lab....
I agree with you.

A lot of people either loved that episode or hated it. I actually read some reviews of it that said it was the most brilliant of all the episodes. I guess I just didn't get it.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:44 PM

934 posts, read 1,132,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The opening scene of Saul's show should be the motel room manager opening up that room 2 years later. He finds Huell, now down to 115 pounds, sitting amidst piles of empty instant oatmeal packages.

By the way they left his character, I'm not longer sure the Saul spin-off is even going to be a lawyer show (which would be fine by me). I'd heard rumors it was to be a prequel, but was this ever confirmed? I kinda hope not. I'd rather see Saul doing something else. Managing a Cinnabon, selling ads for the failing local newspaper, becoming a motivational speaker for at risk youth...

T'would be funny.The show will be pre-Walter White, however.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I agree with you.

A lot of people either loved that episode or hated it. I actually read some reviews of it that said it was the most brilliant of all the episodes. I guess I just didn't get it.

And what is the signifigance of flies, anyway? There is another episode where someone (Todd?) is talking to Walter and he is really focusing on a fly in the room. When he gets up to leave, the camera lingers for a moment on a giant poster of flies.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,663,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I agree with you.

It was because the fly had brought a contamination into the lab. Walt realized that he was contaminated. When he spoke to Jesse at the end, he talked about Jane's death, kept telling Jesse how sorry he was that Jane died, the odds of meeting her father, his last perfect day with Skyler and the perfect day for him to die, was the day before Jane died.

If you rewatch one episode, it should be Fly, that's when Walt knew what he had become, that's why it was so great.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
It was because the fly had brought a contamination into the lab. Walt realized that he was contaminated. When he spoke to Jesse at the end, he talked about Jane's death, kept telling Jesse how sorry he was that Jane died, the odds of meeting her father, his last perfect day with Skyler and the perfect day for him to die, was the day before Jane died.

If you rewatch one episode, it should be Fly, that's when Walt knew what he had become, that's why it was so great.

Great post!

Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 AM

36,792 posts, read 31,078,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I had a sad thought. Of the people left alive, there is no one that knows the full Heisenberg story..... Well maybe Jesse or Saul...... It would be a nice postscript if Walt Jr. was told the whole story.
That would be great. Its kind of sad that Walt's kids and even Skylar will never know the whole story. Talk about stories to tell your grandkids. In hindsight some of the shenanigans Walt and Jesse went thru were pretty darn funny.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:24 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,565,268 times
This might not be a new URL to most of you, but just in case:

18 Fun Easter Eggs, Callbacks, And Moments Of Really Cool Symmetry From The "Breaking Bad" Finale

Old 10-02-2013, 10:15 AM

I guess I can conclude that Lydia gets the ricin because Walt wants no one left alive who knows the story. (not including Saul and later Jesse). It just seems weak from a Chekov's gun point of view. That ricin's been tumbling around for seasons!

Another thought. Most people are saying that Jesse got out with just his life and none of his money. He did toss his millions out the window. But didn't Walt give him MORE money to get out town with the Vacuum Cleaner? He ends up not going after all. But presumably that money is still stashed somewhere. Unless I missed something.

So, does Jesse use his nest egg or does he consider it tainted money and wants to make a clean start of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV