Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 03:42 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,697,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Walter White's character had a combo of good, bad and ugly that allowed him to appeal to the "common" man (normal people like myself who while not exactly a loser, far from a winner). Who would I rather share a couple beers with? Not Tony Soprano. Not Nucky Thompson. Not even Jesse. But Walter White. Sure, I think that would be a fun evening.
Tony would probably start out cool and then go ballistic over something and smash a bottle over your head, then he would call you the next day and tell you he was paying your hospital bill.
Jesse might be fun at a party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 03:51 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,033 posts, read 6,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
I'm too old for those kinds of parties....... Thirty years ago, yeah bit^h!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:53 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,574,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
Tony would probably start out cool and then go ballistic over something and smash a bottle over your head, then he would call you the next day and tell you he was paying your hospital bill.
Jesse had some fun parties, but I'd probably leave a little early... I wouldn't mind smoking out with Badger and Skinny Pete, that'd be funny...

Tony Soprano would be a fun friend to pal with if he liked you, as the guy was rich and liked to throw money around, but then if you had something he wanted(including your business, wife or girlfriend), you'd be screwed, as he'd find some way to get what he wanted and manipulate you. I'd probably rather hang out with Paulie and Silvio at the Bing.

Nucky Thompson would be someone to do business with, as he's more the strictly business type, as long as you're a good investment, he'd be alright, but not much fun.

Walter White seemed like he was most at home when it was just him alone talking with someone about science. He seemed to only come alive when he was as Walter White in scenarios where he was the smartest person in the room and could present his scientific genius(and he alone, he didn't like to compete with anyone else with brains for attention)--or when he was Heisenberg.

Actually, Hank would've been a fun guy to hang out with...

Old 10-23-2013, 04:03 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,697,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Tony Soprano would be a fun friend to pal with if he liked you, as the guy was rich and liked to throw money around, but then if you had something he wanted(including your business, wife or girlfriend), you'd be screwed, as he'd find some way to get what he wanted and manipulate you. I'd probably rather hang out with Paulie and Silvio at the Bing.
I'd rather hang out with Silvio at his bar in Lilyhammer, plus the minor characters usually don't die in that show.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:00 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,302,398 times
I forgot to share a series that Breaking Bad watchers might like. The first few seasons of Prison Break are excellent.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:19 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,440,361 times
There's one thing that's been bothering me about this show. It's silly, but why was the money always brand new as if it was fresh off the presses?

Old 10-26-2013, 08:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,302,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
There's one thing that's been bothering me about this show. It's silly, but why was the money always brand new as if it was fresh off the presses?
Because it was fake money in a show that wasn't trying to be realistic.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:40 PM

9,830 posts, read 11,615,691 times
Todd and his uncles seemed like some pretty kool guys!

Old 10-27-2013, 07:15 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,440,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Because it was fake money in a show that wasn't trying to be realistic.
I expect drug money to be dirty, and some of it old. Surely they could have made some of it look old and nasty. This is a tv show, if they can make fake new looking money they can make fake realistic looking money.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:51 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,033 posts, read 6,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I expect drug money to be dirty, and some of it old. Surely they could have made some of it look old and nasty. This is a tv show, if they can make fake new looking money they can make fake realistic looking money.
In one of the later episodes of "The Wire" the "Greek" suppliers were paid in ugly dirty money. They rejected the payment and the drug distributors had to have the money cleaned (they never did go into how that was done). Afterwards the money looked new......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV