Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:08 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,695,567 times

Advertisements

This show is great boost for the housing market, the real estate agents (advertisements, bid higher so more business & commissions etc.), to the people who own their homes or are selling their homes and would like to maintain the values of their homes etc... oh and don't forget good for the economy too.

Big thank you to the buyers who contributed to the materials and profits for this show and kept the housing economy going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,900,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Ok, so I don't know if you've seen the previews for the new season...
There's a new host!!
Her name is Egypt... something, and even though I haven't seen the show yet I have the feeling I won't like her that much... Of course I'll have to see before judging, but still, I'll miss Sandra...
I haven't seen the promos, but without Sandra, what's the point?

Old 01-05-2012, 09:50 AM

18,508 posts, read 31,748,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
I haven't seen the promos, but without Sandra, what's the point?

there is no point.

your right.

This is too much for me to handle right about now. I can't imagine PV without Sandra...........: crying:

I might just have to have a temper tantrum right about now.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:06 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,900,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
[/u] [/b][/color]

there is no point.

your right.

This is too much for me to handle right about now. I can't imagine PV without Sandra...........: crying:

I might just have to have a temper tantrum right about now.
My husband already is. He calls her "Sandarina", and is bummed that there haven't been any new shows with her since '09.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:33 AM

360 posts, read 994,715 times
Distressed by this news, I did a bit of googling and learned that Sandra posted an explanation on her Facebook page. She is in production on a new show for HGTV Canada called Buy Herself which is about women purchasing real estate. She hopes the show will be picked up in the US. It will begin in Canada in March.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmen View Post
Distressed by this news, I did a bit of googling and learned that Sandra posted an explanation on her Facebook page. She is in production on a new show for HGTV Canada called Buy Herself which is about women purchasing real estate. She hopes the show will be picked up in the US. It will begin in Canada in March.

Thank you for the info. Hope it come here to US.

but drats, stomps feet.......I miss her already.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM

5,121 posts, read 16,626,834 times
Thanks for the news. But like others have posted, it sucks.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,825,348 times
The thing I liked most about Sandra is that she gave buyers a serious yet honest reality check. Some people are incredibly over demanding on a shoestring budget... so it was always nice to hear something like "with this budget, this is what you can buy..." and even better when she took them to their desired areas and said "houses here go for around this much" so that they can have realistic expectations according to their budget.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:43 PM

I think that is why Sandra started them out in their dream hood, so they could have an "aah, ha" moment and realize that the homes they so desire are way out of reach, but to let them know they can still get something reasonable just a bit further away.

and there is nothing wrong with that.

I just feel that the "virgins" seem to have never of been around family or friends that ever bought a house so they have absolutely no clue that can't get a McMansion for a tenement budget.

It is like they have been living under a rock all their young lives.
I knew how much houses cost when I was growing up, I knew what you could get, in what neighborhood was affordable to a person in my financial bracket.....my sons know the same. We do have real estate conversations from time to time since the are headed in that direction.

It seems hard to believe that they really have no clue.,

Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 PM

I just saw the preview tonight for PV without Sandra, I feel bad for the new host, but I am DEVESTATED that Sandra will not be on.

I just don't know how I am to cope with a situation like this.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV