Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,900,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Maybe this is because in the USA....most young buyers want new houses. I could never figure that one out since there are so many cool character houses in just about any town. Orlando, FL has some really wonderful historic neighborhoods, but young folks seem to prefer new ones on the outskirts. I guess this could also be a school and shopping decision for them.
My husband and I are in our mid-late 50s. We bought a newer house when we moved to Florida -- we had enough of older houses that needed significant work on our parts. It was nice to be pretty much move-in ready when we got here (other than having carpet removed and tile installed in the two spare bedrooms and painting them).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,900,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Cheaper labor and better tax incentives.
I think many are Canadian productions that HGTV purchases.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:42 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,814,550 times
I like Sandra lol maybe im the other one

Old 12-18-2010, 12:10 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,825,348 times
I like Sandra. She gives people a good reality check; I think she is sometimes surprised by the reaction people have when they visit some houses bc they are completely mistaken when it comes to what they want and what they can afford.

Some home buyers are incredibly picky and spoiled!!

It baffles me when they say "oh, I want a, b, and c replaced, e, f, and g fixed, and closing costs paid, and blah, blah, blah..."

Or when they go "as a first time home buyer..." and then they start the huge list of expectations, requests, etc. that is totally unrealistic considering their budget... I know realtors do that for a living, but the amount of patience they must have sometimes is beyond my understanding.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:32 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,663,042 times
I love the show too, but I am so annoyed when Sandra pushes the couples to buy beyond their comfort zone. When people tell her they are approved for up to $200,000 and they have $20,000 saved to put down she immediatly pushes their budget to $220 and will only show them houses in the $250 range. Very, very irresponsible especially in light of the whole mortgage fiasco.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:37 PM

746 posts, read 1,679,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
really? I have wondered where they find these people.

She probably does her homework on whatever city they are in, and most certainly works with someone off camera who is licensed in that location. I doubt she's licensed in all those different places.

Speaking of Toronto, have you noticed how many of these types of shows are filmed in Canada? Anyone know why? The Property Shop, Buy Me, Divine Design.
The Property Shop is filmed in Montreal.

These shows are filmed in Toronto because it's the biggest city in Canada, and hence can atrract the biggest pool of applicants for it's shows.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:36 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,048,961 times
Sandra is horrible.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,754,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_gateway View Post
The Property Shop is filmed in Montreal.
Is this show even on anymore? The last episode I saw was when she wanted to move to LA to open an office and the husband didn't want to move because of the kids.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 AM

26,892 posts, read 38,194,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Is this show even on anymore? The last episode I saw was when she wanted to move to LA to open an office and the husband didn't want to move because of the kids.
It is still on HGTV Canada. Not sure about the States though.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 AM

746 posts, read 1,679,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
I read in a montreal newspaper she's in some sort of hot water with the government or something.....Maybe she's closing up shop and indeed running to the states? That might have been her reasoning to move.
Heck, if I had a golden opportunity like that I would jump on it. People are broke and homeless, and she has a chance to immigrate and sell million $ houses in LA? for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV